The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What CP increases Wild Impulse damage?

RaptorRodeoGod
RaptorRodeoGod
✭✭✭✭✭
Is the Wild Impulse damage increased with Elemental Expert, Master-atArms, or Thaumaturge?

Also, is it affected by Necromancer's Rapid Rot passive?

And can it proc sets like Skoria (DoT damage proc condition) or Nerien'eth (Direct damage proc condition)?

I don't actually have a staff yet, so I can't check this myself.
Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
---
Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.

Best Answer

• thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    @RaptorRodeoGod
    It should (but that doesnt mean it is) porc both scathing and skoria, but:

Scathing & Nerien should only get one chance per cast of impulse
    Skoria should get 3 chances per dot tick as there are 3 DoT elements. This part should not scale with Master but Thaum instead.

Though I haven't seen any extensive recent testing of those bc of the Direct/DoT nature of Wild and Nerien's proc rate as well as it's got a health bonus which hurts.

All the ranged AOE mag sets fall short for most: Neri/Skoria weak 2pc bonus and Ilambris low proc rate on most classes (good on melee magDK class!). Because of that some go two 5 piece sets plus an AOE arena staff. Like MS/FG 7 light or crafted/FG 5-1-1. You might want to try that instead of Skoria or Nerien. Ilambris could work pretty well on MagCro as well.

If you don't have access to an AOE dummy setup to test, I'd be happy give you access to my house where I have a 4 clump of 3mil''s. PM me in-game name if on PC-NA if you need.
    Answer ✓
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    It should be:
    Only the actual impulse damage: Master-at-Arms, Elfborn
    Only the arena weapno proc: Thaum
    Both: spell erosion, Ele Expert

Unfortunately it's really hard to find a decent application for that destro staff mainly because it's a DoT proc tied to a spam skill. So you could spam it, but then the weapon isn't really utilized. You could cast it as a DoT skill but I don't think it's that much stronger than simply slotting another AOE DoT skill to balance out loosing two item slots.

Maybe you have something unique in mind, but if just going for AOE an Asylum Fire and a Master Lightning are strong AOE staffs to look into.
  • RaptorRodeoGod
    RaptorRodeoGod
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @thadjarvis
    I'm asking because I found some conflicting information about the Wild Impulse proc from when it was released. One source said it scales with both Master-at-Arms and Thaumaturge, and another said it could proc both Skoria and Scathing Mage.

I was looking into using it on a Magicka Necromancer because if it benefits from the Rapid Rot passive, it might synergize well. I also want to use the Nerien'eth set, but it doesn't proc that often, even with Force Pulse, and I wanted to see if the Wild Impulse proc would increase the Nerien'eth proc rate.
    Give all classes access to a Scribing skill that works like Arcanist beam.
    ---
    Overland difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 10 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including One Tamriel, an overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver & Gold as a "you think you do but you don't" - tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game. I'm bored of dungeons, I'm bored of trials; make a personal difficulty slider for overland. Make a self debuff mythic. Literally anything at this point.