The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

what's the new Kaal?

dcam86b14_ESO
dcam86b14_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Curious where all then pvp players from Kaal are going for new update .
  • Wise_Will
    Wise_Will
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    probably here

Gray Host: 30 day CP-enabled, Alliance Locked
    XBOX EU/PC EU
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Gray host, but i suspect it will be the 1st thing on the list as a lot of players seem to struggle scrolling any further
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on February 24, 2020 2:10PM
  • Akinos
    Akinos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was gonna make a similar thread but you beat me to it....so where IS everybody gonna go this time around? Gray Host or Blackreach?
    Edited by Akinos on February 24, 2020 4:23PM
    PC NA | @AkinosPvP 1vX/Small Scaler, Raid Leader, Youtuber and Twitch.tv Streamer.MAGICKA MELEE IS LIFE!Magplar, MagDK, Magden, Magblade, Magsorc & Magcro PvP/Build videos & moretwitch.tv/akinospvp
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    my guild are going gray host
  • Karm1cOne
    Karm1cOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I suspect pop will start in no locked and will migrate toward locked as the pugs fall for "anti spy" ideology. 1vxers will follow shortly after.
  • Wrekkedd
    Wrekkedd
    ✭✭✭✭
    Curious where all then pvp players from Kaal are going for new update .

Bzzzt...where. Is. The. Zerg. Must. bzzzt...Zerg.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't been on in a week bit I'm sure the people I run with will be Gray host
    Edited by technohic on February 24, 2020 6:28PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There will be one campaign with everyone in it, because everyone is in it. Then there will be the other campaign with one actual group on steamrolling everything plus a few people trying to fish or craft at the towns.
  • versus01
    versus01
    ✭✭
    Definitely joining Gray Host. I prefer alliance-lock, for the reasons we all already know.
    Edited by versus01 on February 24, 2020 8:00PM
    PC EU
    Magplar / Incasmin, The Merciless
    Stamblade / Ver'sus, Paragon
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karm1cOne wrote: »
    I suspect pop will start in no locked and will migrate toward locked as the pugs fall for "anti spy" ideology. 1vxers will follow shortly after.

Well, to be honest everyone will follow. There is no such thing as 'anti spy ideology' there is only swappers who tend to be toxic and will be so rather quickly or those who constantly troll others of their own factions for fun. We can never really be rid of them- but locked mitigates them quite a bit.

All play-styles other than playing the map relies on "others" to generate the fights they want to selectively engage in. Its really simple really....those who play the game as intended move around the map from objective to objective- all others sit and wait to either jump stragglers or they try to take something and 'induce' players to try and take that thing back (usually a resource) and both of those only work if someone in on the campaign who cares about winning the camp. Farmers, gankers and 1vx'ers all need those playing the map- because if it were to be just those three on a map there would not be fights generated at all....none. Consequently those players will seek out those playing the map on the locked no matter what you do.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Soul_Demon wrote: »

Well, to be honest everyone will follow. There is no such thing as 'anti spy ideology' there is only swappers who tend to be toxic and will be so rather quickly or those who constantly troll others of their own factions for fun. We can never really be rid of them- but locked mitigates them quite a bit.

All play-styles other than playing the map relies on "others" to generate the fights they want to selectively engage in. Its really simple really....those who play the game as intended move around the map from objective to objective- all others sit and wait to either jump stragglers or they try to take something and 'induce' players to try and take that thing back (usually a resource) and both of those only work if someone in on the campaign who cares about winning the camp. Farmers, gankers and 1vx'ers all need those playing the map- because if it were to be just those three on a map there would not be fights generated at all....none. Consequently those players will seek out those playing the map on the locked no matter what you do.

I don’t mind any of those 3 groups: farmers, gankers or 1vXers. Some people just want to be able to play all their characters in one campaign, and will go to unlocked to try and make it work.

It might work right for a bit until some troll runs a scroll on an alt to their friend’s faction. Then there’ll be a mass exodus.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 24, 2020 9:18PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

I don’t mind any of those 3 groups: farmers, gankers or 1vXers. Some people just want to be able to play all their characters in one campaign, and will go to unlocked to try and make it work.

It might work right for a bit until some troll runs a scroll on an alt to their friend’s faction. Then there’ll be a mass exodus.

Totally agree with you....Personally I think they add a bit of 'flavor' the play for sure. I think they will all be on best behaviors for a bit....but about two weeks into the camp I expect the toxicity will start to creep out and there will be a shift either due to that or just because they finally realize the play-style they chose relies on others actually playing the map as it was intended for it to work and they find themselves struggling to find gameplay.
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Whatever one is listed first, and seeing what it is, :D
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night it clearly looked like Gray Host unless the other servers were crashing people more.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Iskiab wrote: »

Totally agree with you....Personally I think they add a bit of 'flavor' the play for sure. I think they will all be on best behaviors for a bit....but about two weeks into the camp I expect the toxicity will start to creep out and there will be a shift either due to that or just because they finally realize the play-style they chose relies on others actually playing the map as it was intended for it to work and they find themselves struggling to find gameplay.

I play a healer, I find the difference between those small scale groups and random solos is just one has a healer and the other doesn’t. Maybe it’s just me, but I’ll sometimes heal randoms and they’ll wipe the small scale groups (with even numbers), I get a kick out of it. I call it solo surfing lol.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 25, 2020 8:51PM
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gray host, but i suspect it will be the 1st thing on the list as a lot of players seem to struggle scrolling any further
    I don't have a horse in this race and didn't support the introduction of locked factions, but this is just a salty narrative. It's an inconceivable narrative that says more about those who express it than those they are dismissive of. Most players may go with the flow, and that's determined by the collective core of AvA players.

There is only one party responsible for implementing faction locks. It is ZOS. Your issue is with them. Other players are entitled to their preferences and opinions.

The best thing for players who support unlocked factions to do is to play on the unlocked server regardless of its population. That's the only way it will grow.
    Edited by zyk on February 25, 2020 11:32PM
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well if the unlocked campaign doesn’t get populated I hope people finally shut up about it. I mean, people have complained like crazy about faction locks, if people don’t support the unlocked campaign after all this then I think the whole thing has been a waste of time and resources.
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nvm. Not worth it.
    Edited by Joy_Division on February 26, 2020 12:15AM