Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Literally took away the reason I play

james_738pub18_ESO
james_738pub18_ESO
✭✭✭
I'm not a hardcore gamer like I used to be. I don't have the time or the desire to play like I used to. However, I do still enjoy getting in an hour or two of playing with friends after work. As a PvP-only player, you've taken away the only reason I play ESO - to play with friends. Was thoroughly enjoying this game and now, in one patch, the game is ruined for me. The group I play with all feel the same and have decided to look for another game we can all play together. Such a shame. Revert this change and I'm sure we will all come back, but there's no point in us playing now.
  • MicahMahaffey
    MicahMahaffey
    ✭✭
    I feel you.. this is really sad, tried to play with my fiance today and was met with the solo queue.

She got pissed and logged off, I did as well. We ended up playing something else.

Battlegrounds was our favorite thing in ESO.

I used to play solo on a daily basis, but what's the point if I can't even play with my fiance when I want?

What a shame
  • james_738pub18_ESO
    james_738pub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    There are a lot of people feeling the same way as us. I have faith that the devs will realize the mistake they've made, as long as people speak out about how they feel. They've always been good at listening and reacting to their customers' feedback. Hope they will do the same here.
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lots of people feel quite the opposite, its because of solo queue, I now find it great to do BGs, its more fair and people dont always get stomped like a giant to a mouse
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've always been good at listening and reacting to their customers' feedback.
    unsure.gif

• Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    There are a lot of people feeling the same way as us. I have faith that the devs will realize the mistake they've made, as long as people speak out about how they feel. They've always been good at listening and reacting to their customers' feedback. Hope they will do the same here.

The devs don't listen to feedback because the feedback we give doesn't reflect in their patches/fixes/dlc, etc. The unfortunate truth.
    PC-NA
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with OP. This is backward thinking and goes against all common sense.

Optimistically we can hope Zos understands that players developing in-game relationships with others they meet and enjoy playing together increases how long a player remains with the game buying DLCs and subscribing to ESO. If they do grasp that then they will acknowledge this solo queue only is the worst idea they could have done and reverse it.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ultimately, whether or not this change stays is going to depend less on feedback and more on the BG population.

If more players come back to BGs because they aren't getting stomped by the same premades vs randoms, then it'll probably stay.

If players don't come back or more players stay away, then hey, clearly the random-only queue wasn't the magic bullet to solve BGs' population woes.

So for everyone who hates it, vote with your feet.
    For everyone who was claiming this was the one thing that would fix BGs, better start proving it.
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They've always been good at listening and reacting to their customers' feedback. Hope they will do the same here.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. By that thought process, they're going to hear your feedback then change BGs into some sort of game mode that literally zero people asked for or want...like a race or obstacle course or something.

I am in favor of the change, but I can't see it lasting more than this patch. Too many people play BGs casually with their friends and aren't comfortable playing solo. Splitting the queue wouldn't help, there aren't enough players and it would still leave the group queue with 3man teams.

They are just using this patch to improve matchmaking & how MMR is handled. Which sucks because there's nothing in PvP for a solo player to do other than get zerged down. Hopefully it fixes MMR so I'll at least get competent teammates against premade comps when the change is reverted.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • Rizz_the_Filthy_Dino
    Just want to make a point that guilds that revolve around battlegrounds, which yes, they do exist, were just killed. There were high MMR guilds that had teams on them that would queue at the same time to pop a BG, aka, coordinated BGs. They existed, now they don't.
    PC-NA