The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

How is this game still monetised?

Fawn4287
Fawn4287
✭✭✭✭✭
From what I understand Microsoft and Sony especially need for a game to maintain a certain level of playability for the game to stay in their online stores. It is abundantly clear to everyone that plays that cyrodil performance is atrocious and essentially unplayable in peak time, however I do not believe the companies that allow it to sold through their stores do not. I think that the community should file an overwhelming mass of complaints to steam, microsoft, sony etc. about the performance and that might get something done. It is almost impossible to believe a Triple A title with an ongoing subscription service, a dlc and an expansion planned to be released in the near future can get away with leaving this game how it is, really it is false advertising and really puts ZOS in the same league as EA.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because Cyrodiil is one of 35 maps, not including dungeons, delves and trials. And that’s not even taking housing into account.

The game as a whole plays fine for quester and explorers, which make up the majority of the player base. It’s only pvpers and end game raiders who feel the pain so acutely.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In case you are not aware, Greymoor is to this day still not available for pre-order on PS4. It is of course just hearsay but it does make you think, if those rumors about Sony not letting ESO through anymore actually might have some truth behind them.
  • tsaescishoeshiner
    tsaescishoeshiner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or don't play Cyrodiil. I've been a lot happier since I've switched to just battlegrounds and duels. If Cyrodiil is empty, they'll either change it or ditch it, if that's what you want
    PC-NA
    in-game: @tsaescishoeshiner
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Because Cyrodiil is one of 35 maps, not including dungeons, delves and trials. And that’s not even taking housing into account.

The game as a whole plays fine for quester and explorers, which make up the majority of the player base. It’s only pvpers and end game raiders who feel the pain so acutely.

Not a very good point given the number of players and how long each players spends in cyrodil when compared to other areas, cyrodil would have hundreds if not thousands of times the amount of traffic compared to shadowfen
  • Fawn4287
    Fawn4287
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or don't play Cyrodiil. I've been a lot happier since I've switched to just battlegrounds and duels. If Cyrodiil is empty, they'll either change it or ditch it, if that's what you want

Get rolled by 4 man necro harmony bombers and healbots in bgs or verse filthy dueling builds with double bar poisons who sit on their sword and board bar until ready to ulti combo you, no thanks I’d rather play something Actually fun with my free time
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost six years in, it is what it is. If one is passionate about PVP, I suggest finding a better supported game. In hindsight, I feel I was insane to stick with ESO PVP for so long.
  • Salix_alba
    Salix_alba
    ✭✭✭✭
    Fawn4287 wrote: »
    Reverb wrote: »

Not a very good point given the number of players and how long each players spends in cyrodil when compared to other areas, cyrodil would have hundreds if not thousands of times the amount of traffic compared to shadowfen

Its a good point because it addresses what you said. in fact its a very valid point.