The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Elsweyr Upgrade question

Avoranti
Avoranti
✭✭✭✭✭
Wanting to gift a friend a PSN Card to purchase the Elsweyr Upgrade. I know the pre-release came with Morrowind and Summerset. Does this upgrade still come with them? Friend only owns the base game (disc copy) that came with Wrothgar, Thieves Guild , Imperial City and Dark Brotherhood. The goal is to get them access to all chapters and story DLC. Friend would prefer purchasing rather than PS+. I know, I explained the benefits of PS+ but wasn’t able to convince the friend.

Also trying to get them set up for Murkmire event. Looking for the best bundle.
  • Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr will include Morrowind and Summerset chapters indeed.

I don't know of any bundle currently that will also give them Murkmire. It sounds like their disc is the Gold Edition already so they are set there.
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elsweyr will include Morrowind and Summerset chapters indeed.

I don't know of any bundle currently that will also give them Murkmire. It sounds like their disc is the Gold Edition already so they are set there.

Thank you for the reply. However, the UESP suggest that purchasing the Elsweyr Upgrade does NOT come with Morrowind or Summerset. Since it’s an unofficial source I’m hoping that maybe I can get a confirmation here. Perhaps CM could chime in?

Also, yes, Gold addition, but, I do not know what you mean by “so they are fine there”. If you could explain that would be helpful. Thanks.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buying the Elsweyr upgrade doesn’t include any zone other than Elsweyr. Buying the Elsweyr edition of the full game does include both Morrowind and Summerset.

Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb wrote: »
    Buying the Elsweyr upgrade doesn’t include any zone other than Elsweyr. Buying the Elsweyr edition of the full game does include both Morrowind and Summerset.

So, the friend would have to delete the disc version, purchase the digital version of Elsweyr that includes the base game to get Summerset and Morrorwind. Murkmire and Dragonhold would also have to be purchased separately. :expressionless:
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. You would not have to delete the Disk Version. In fact, you would not want to delete the current install.

As explained above. The Elsewyer Upgrade only contains the New Content. The Elsewyer Edition contains the new content and any Chapters previously released, but not any of the DLCs like Thieves etc.

Anywhoo...

If you get your Friend the Elsewyer Edition of the Game, it will act like an upgrade of the Existing Install, giving him Elsewyer, and get him the Previous Chapters while letting him keep the DLC content he previously paid for.

Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Kittytravel
    Kittytravel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »
    Thank you for the reply. However, the UESP suggest that purchasing the Elsweyr Upgrade does NOT come with Morrowind or Summerset. Since it’s an unofficial source I’m hoping that maybe I can get a confirmation here. Perhaps CM could chime in?

In addition to the above, digital pre-purchases of the full Elsweyr Collector’s Edition and Standard Edition (not Upgrades) provides immediate access to ESO base game, Morrowind Chapter, and Summerset Chapter. The Collector’s Edition will also include the Collector’s Edition items for each Chapter, too. Note that these editions will continue to include Morrowind and Summerset post-launch, but the only way to get immediate access before launch is by digitally pre-purchasing them.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55537
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another thing to consider is that if they buy Greymoor that includes Morrowind, Summerset and Elseweyr. (Same as Elseweyr, this is only if they buy the full version, not the upgrade.)

It's slightly more expensive than Elseweyr but if your goal is to make sure your friend has everything it's probably the better choice, because otherwise they'll end up needing to buy Greymoor seperately when it comes out.

If they get that the only things they'll be missing are the dungeon DLCs, Clockwork City, Murkmire and Dragonhold. I'm not aware of any bundle which includes those or a way to get them outside of the crown store.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Avoranti wrote: »

In addition to the above, digital pre-purchases of the full Elsweyr Collector’s Edition and Standard Edition (not Upgrades) provides immediate access to ESO base game, Morrowind Chapter, and Summerset Chapter. The Collector’s Edition will also include the Collector’s Edition items for each Chapter, too. Note that these editions will continue to include Morrowind and Summerset post-launch, but the only way to get immediate access before launch is by digitally pre-purchasing them.

https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/55537

(Just wanted to add bold to the NOT UPGRADES part for emphasis!)
    Edited by Raisin on February 14, 2020 2:06PM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for the late response. So we would want to purchase the Greymoor Digital Collectors Edition because it includes the previous chapters. Murkmire is currently on sale and I can get Dragonhold and CWC separately for her. But, the base game that comes this version of Greymoor is digital, wouldn’t that cause conflict with the disc version and DLC’s she already owns? That’s why I asked if she would have to delete the disc version before installing. Also, I can’t seem to find a price since pre-order for PS4 hasn’t been released yet.
    Edited by Avoranti on February 21, 2020 8:05AM
  • Avoranti
    Avoranti
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still looking for a few answers on purchasing the Greymoor Digital Collector’s Edition for PS4.

Would it affect her current character and gold edition DLC’s that came with the disc version? Would she have to start a new character? Would she have to repurchase any already owned DLC’s?