The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Tips for flawless Poison round in VMA

spartaxoxo
spartaxoxo
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I haven't got this achievement yet but I have been close on multiple occassions. The most painful were

*My internet crapped out and rubbedbanded terribly. I died in the early 3rd round 14 times, a round I literally never die in otherwise. Then my internet started working again and I ended up completing the entire thing without dying ever again. If I had normal internet on that round, I know for a fact I would have completed that round without dying. I NEVER die that round without bad lag.

*I completed the entire thing without dying including the argonians, and then the final theater pain boss was low health. Then I couldn't interrupt his attack after the first bash. And I completely panicked and kept spamming bash until I died instead of popping my barrier ult, swapping my weapon and using crushing shock. I almost broke my controller.

The thing is though that I have basically been relying on RNG to handle the poison flowers round. I could get to the final boss more often without deaths (and be way more likely to get my no death since I beat him without dying 90% of the time, that panic attack aside) if I could stop dying on this round. It is the only round I regularly die.

So any tips?
Edited by spartaxoxo on February 24, 2020 12:43AM
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 2 flawless out of 12 and was pure luck, it's mainly due to the RNG gods are with you or not

and practice, practice and more practice
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Got 2 flawless out of 12 and was pure luck, it's mainly due to the RNG gods are with you or not

I have like a 90% success rate on not dying in every other round. But I have like a 10% success rate on not dying (usually only once) on this argonian poison round. Which is why I tend to panic in later rounds if I somehow make it past the argonians. Like I have to take a break from the game if I pass this round without dying just to calm my racing heart lol.

I try to watch out from poison flowers, use the sigils, and not kill the adds so they can shield me. But there has to be more to it than that.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    spartaxoxo wrote: »

I have like a 90% success rate on not dying in every other round. But I have like a 10% success rate on not dying (usually only once) on this argonian poison round. Which is why I tend to panic in later rounds if I somehow make it past the argonians. Like I have to take a break from the game if I pass this round without dying just to calm my racing heart lol.

I try to watch out from poison flowers, use the sigils, and not kill the adds so they can shield me. But there has to be more to it than that.

For me it's a total pain in the **** the BABAYADA Giant round (I hate her voice) and totally RNG, once I pass that round I'm more confident lol

some day you'll get it, if I could anyone can
    PC | EU
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • FatelessLava
    FatelessLava
    ✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly you don’t want to bash the last boss or he enrages.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I recall correctly you don’t want to bash the last boss or he enrages.

yeah, you don't want to interrupt him
    PC | EU
  • TheUndeadAmulet
    TheUndeadAmulet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pray.
    XBOX NA 1000+ CP
    nerf ping please
  • ListerJMC
    ListerJMC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The thing is though that I have basically been relying on RNG to handle the poison flowers round. I could get to the final boss more often without deaths (and be way more likely to get my no death since I beat him without dying 90% of the time, that panic attack aside) if I could stop dying on this round. It is the only round I regularly die.

Unfortunately that round is pretty RNG heavy with the flowers. Try and watch the flower spawns and find a gap away from them, and if possible stay close to the purifying circles. If the arena is getting too full with them I sometimes use the gap inbetween rounds to carefully set some off by rolling near them.

If the flower spawns underneath the Minder's shield there isn't a lot that can be done unfortunately. It's possible to survive with a lot of healing/shields and a close proximity to the purifying circles, but I'm yet to hear a good strategy for that issue.
    PC NA & EU || Mammoth Guilds - Victory or Valhalla || Altmer sorcerer main
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
  • Freakin_Hytte
    Freakin_Hytte
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not really, stand in the bubble. kill the ones who explode the flowers asap and having a good overlook where the flowers are during the fight. You don't really need to keep the adds alive if you use crushing shock, they just add extra unnecessary damage to you. You will interrupt the boss at once with a crushing shock anyways, so no need for the shield.
    But watch out since he enrage at interrupt, but it's easy to avoid if you kite him, but I wouldn't use crushing shock on this boss.

Other than that, just kite the boss. Streak is good to have in order to kite if you are a magsorc.

I personally save the defense and health sigil til the boss have 30% health left and save my ulti and just burn him down the last 30%. Use the speed to help in kiting.
    I also stand right on top where the boss spawns and put down ulti (elemental rage) and everything I have. I usually get him down to 60% when the ulti ends, after that I start to kite and use speed sigil, at 30% I usually have meteor ready, use health/defense sigils and just burn him down.
    If one of the mobs that explode flowers shows up I focus on them asap.
    That is how I fight the boss and maybe you can find some tip in it.

Edited by Freakin_Hytte on February 23, 2020 10:18PM
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the poison wizard is on a timer. I try to wait for one of those to appear in final round and kill it before going too hard on DPS. Poison wizard clears the flowers. After that, I DPS boss hard to get shield adds to show up. I target add closest to a flower to kill, then run under other add. Since poison wizard died recently and reset flowers, the flowers are generally pretty stable and less likely to randomly spawn under you. But try to notice where flowers are around shield add. After scream, add usually does a shock AoE attack that hits pretty hard and I think cc's you. So you want to get away from add after scream and it is good to know ahead of time what direction you want to move in.

The real pain is if there is a flower under both adds. Then you need to move far enough away (without stepping on a flower!) that an add will move to get you in range and thus the add moves away from flower.
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I believe that the poison wizard is on a timer. I try to wait for one of those to appear in final round and kill it before going too hard on DPS.

I have to try this out! A lot of times my death will come from a poison guy blowing up flowers at an inopportune moment for me. Perhaps if I can figure out his rhythm I'll have a better shot at defeating this boss without a death.

Doing that really helped with the ice stage. I basically never die to it now.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 25, 2020 12:00AM
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Disable all unnecessary addons such as MM and TTC and anything you don't need.

I use an addon that allows me to select addon profiles to quickly turn ones I dont need off in trials and pvp. It helps

Keep your head on a swivel to respond to the flowers and get the channelers down ASAP
    Edited by Katahdin on February 25, 2020 12:06AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    It helps to trigger the flowers in a controlled manner especially near where the venom caller spawns and anywhere you intend to be fighting.

Venom Caller is every 30 seconds iirc
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My strat is stay close to a cleanse puddle just in case, and try to keep movement speed up. Easy for Stam builds dodge roll bow passive... never done on magica toon but I imagine there are enough tools available (channeled accel/rat?)
  • spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »
    It helps to trigger the flowers in a controlled manner especially near where the venom caller spawns and anywhere you intend to be fighting.

How do I trigger them without getting poisoned?
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, pop the health sigil as soon as the final round starts (right beside boss spawn) ... if dps is good you shouldn’t really need to worry about heals before boss gets to execute
  • r3turn2s3nd3r
    r3turn2s3nd3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    ganzaeso wrote: »

How do I trigger them without getting poisoned?

Dart past them fairly close and keep running or roll. As long as you aren't in the red when it completely fills you won't get poisoned, however, as it tends to lag in there best to just stay ahead of the expanding circle. Easier if you have expedition up when doing it.