The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Official Discussion Thread for "Meet the Character—Shelaria"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
33398358f21b3cde7c4c87dced3d7bd7.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Meet the Character—Shelaria" blog article.

Few guardians of the Unhallowed Grave are as dutiful or zealous as the Pyre Watch’s Shelaria. Learn about this Redguard warrior in our latest Meet the Character!
Staff Post
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really NOT looking forward to meeting her at all if she's in a dungeon because the other team members will be rushing through and I can't even do any dialog properly.
    I've been in dungeons where I've been kicked out of a conversation because someone else finished first and started the fight. Then of course after the fight the conversation is different or not accessible at all.

@ZOS_SarahHecker Question for Mr. Finnigan and the dungeon design team --

Mr. Finnigan, Do you realize a lot of groups just want to rush to the end of a dungeon for their Undaunted Key -- if they even want to do a DLC dungeon at all?
    Many players are even trying to separate DLC dungeons from the Random Queue.
    When can players get a SOLO STORY MODE so we can properly experience the story in a dungeon?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 20, 2020 4:46PM
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I would happily pay extra for a story mode

No loot, skill points or xp, just me and the dungeon set to public dungeon difficulty

Spent years searching for guilds that do these runs but every one I’ve found that says they do is a lie. At this point there really is no purpose putting quests in there, just shove some random baddies in and put the skill point and an undaunted key in a chest at the end...
    Edited by Integral1900 on February 20, 2020 6:32PM
  • Bombo
    Bombo
    ✭✭✭
    No loot, skill points or xp, just me and the dungeon set to public dungeon difficulty

As much as I would love a story mode, and agree with everything else you're saying, I don't believe such a feature would work without any loot and/or xp at all. No skill point seems fair, maybe lower xp and looted gold, and also to miss out on things like monster sets and such special loot (maybe even set pieces overall).
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shelaria reminds me a lot of Isran, another Redguard who's paranoia was proven right in the end but with a real knack for irritating all their allies into not listening to their warnings.
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bombo wrote: »

As much as I would love a story mode, and agree with everything else you're saying, I don't believe such a feature would work without any loot and/or xp at all. No skill point seems fair, maybe lower xp and looted gold, and also to miss out on things like monster sets and such special loot (maybe even set pieces overall).

Which is ironic because solo-ing any dungeon is longer and typically harder than going in a full team.
    4-man Fungal Grotto 1 might actually be easier than soloing overland.
    Solo Fungal Grotto 1 to avoid having to play with idiots gives you only 1/4 of the treasure while doing 4x the work.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 21, 2020 9:01PM
  • radiostar
    radiostar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just put a museum board outside each dungeon where you can read the whole stories without fighting the dungeons, then you could spend all the time you want reading everything.
    "Billions upon Billions of Stars"
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Groups are often barely functional and you want people to find a group that will go at a speed that lets them experience the story?
    Stop relying on group content to tell stories. Otherwise they'll never be properly experienced.
    Edziu wrote: »
    just to show toxicity/elitism or whatsoever...this is not special thing for only high lvl/endgame/meta players

2nd DD was barely 300cp, healer under 200 cp and tank similiar to dd, around 300cp
    not even a full minute of me "afking" on start adjusting fast addon just after I noticed I need to do this and after inform on chat...and just on way to rest teama nd welp, all I can say is GG to everyone crying so much on "elitism" or being jerk on high lvl players
    sbzHvUi.png
    sorry, but I was not fast enough to get screen before kick of dungeon as this was not so long time of waiting for kick outside of this