The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

I'm spinning again!

jluchau
jluchau
✭✭✭
Just updated my rig to MBP 16" with the 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9, 16gb RAM, AMD Radeon Pro 5500M w/ 4GB VRAM. I was very excited to see how ESO ran for me on this and no matter what I do I can't stop the spinning. I've tried every permeation of opening system preferences, Security & Privacy, unlock and check/uncheck "zenimax online studios launcher". I've tried launching without the launcher, i've tried adjusting graphics settings.... i'm at a loss.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @jluchau

Have you tried the suggested troubleshooting in the thread linked below?

Unstoppable Spinning Toon again
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • jluchau
    jluchau
    ✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    @jluchau

Have you tried the suggested troubleshooting in the thread linked below?

Unstoppable Spinning Toon again

Yes. I tried all of that. I've launched from the game file bypassing the launcher, I've opened the system preferences>Security and Privacy>Privacy tab>Accessibility> unlocked so I can then uncheck and recheck both "ESO" and "ZeniMax Online Studios Launcher"

I've tried various combinations of doing all that above before launching the app, after launching the app but before loading my character, after loading my character, leaving the admin lock unlocked. I've tried reinstalling the game completely, updating my computer os. I've tried just about every suggestion i could find in these forums, on reddit and on youtube.

Thanks for any help.
  • demerdecanswrath
    demerdecanswrath
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE How long do we have to tinker like this? Don't you have anyone at ZoS working on the macOS executable?
    Edited by demerdecanswrath on February 13, 2020 9:29AM
    Characters:
    • Arien Larethian (High Elf Templar)
    • Relus Demerdecan (Redguard Dragonknight)
    • Elisia Bonaire (Breton Nightblade)

Proudly playing and producing content on a 2018 15" MacBook Pro.
  • Delsskia
    Delsskia
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jluchau Once you've unlocked the Accessibility tab in Preferences with your password, left click on "ESO" to highlight it and then click the "-" (minus sign) button to delete it from Accessibility completely. Then click the "+" (plus sign) and navigate to Applications/Zenimax Online/The Elder Scrolls Online/game_mac/pubplayerclient and click eso.app to add the most currently updated version of it to your Accessibility options. Make sure it's checked then quit Preferences and you should stop spinning until the client gets updated again. You'll need to repeat that every time we get a patch.
    NA-PC
    Fantasia