The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

As a new player is preordering Greymoor worth it?

ImTarvo
ImTarvo
Soul Shriven
Hi guys! As the title says, I'm a new player. I have ESO+ so I don't have Elsweyr. I was wondering if, as a level 25, it's worth to preorder Greymoor in order to have Elsweyr or is the content in this expansion mostly end game stuff?
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Chapters consist of a zone (can be completed at any level) and a trial (end-game group content). The Necromancer class in Elsweyr is likewise available to brand new players.

So if you want to quest in Elsweyr, it will be open to your level 25 (or even level 1) character.
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whether a game/expansion is worth it is always subjective. But thanks to the way ESO works, your level isn’t part of deciding that. 100% of the new content is relevant to you at your level.
  • TheRealPotoroo
    TheRealPotoroo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ImTarvo wrote: »
    Hi guys! As the title says, I'm a new player. I have ESO+ so I don't have Elsweyr. I was wondering if, as a level 25, it's worth to preorder Greymoor in order to have Elsweyr or is the content in this expansion mostly end game stuff?

Greymoor is a chapter and thus won't be available to you under ESO+ at first. It should eventually become a DLC in time for next year's new chapter, so the choice for you is what order you want to quest in.

If you want to do the main quest chronologically then the order (roughly) is main game until you reach Coldharbor and get your soul back, then Morrowind, Clockwork City, Summerset. Elseweyr kind of follows them and Murkmire and Greymoor are kind of off on their own. Not having access to Greymoor for some months would probably only matter if you want to access new things like Antiquities.
    Edited by TheRealPotoroo on February 21, 2020 3:48PM
    PC NA, PC EU

"Instead of taking the best of the dolmens (predictable rotation), the best of the geysers (scalability based on number of players), and the best of the dragons (map location and health indicators) and adding them together to make a fun and dynamic world event scenario, they gave us....... harrowstorms." https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/6850523/#Comment_6850523