The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Mount speed on roads?

Destyran
Destyran
✭✭✭✭✭
Hey can we have a buff that if your horse runs on a road it costs no stamina or you get free rapids in Cyro outside of combat of course
  • Delphinia
    Delphinia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Destyran, absolutely love this idea!
    sadly, my mounts all came down with the Cyrodiilavirus, a new stronger, more deadly strain of the Common Combat Bug... alas, they succumbed to this one by one.. no more beautiful creatures... they’ve gone to that stable in the sky.. I miss the days of them running free across the fields.. if only they could find a cure for this terrible Cyrodiilavirus...
    Edited by Delphinia on February 18, 2020 7:13PM
  • daim
    daim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be very nice addition for the whole game, not only for PVP area and would make sense - and encourage people to use the roads, they should be there for an reason right ?

Or something like in Witcher 3.
    ""I am that which grips the heart in fright, hearkens night and silences the light." It was written on my sword, long…long ago." ―Ajunta Pall
    PC|EU
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    “Outside of combat”. Lol :D

I agree though, some kind of buff on roadways versus unfinished terrain would be great, even just 10%
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yes please, the Imperial legions built those roads to last hundreds of years and allow you go faster than through the fields.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, please.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • CassandraGemini
    CassandraGemini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daim wrote: »
    It would be very nice addition for the whole game, not only for PVP area and would make sense - and encourage people to use the roads, they should be there for an reason right ?

Or something like in Witcher 3.

That's what I thought, too. It would be great if our mounts wouldn't use stamina as long as we're on roads, and maybe even follow the paths by themselves without us manually steering. Would be a very nice QoL addition and give us a reason to actually use those roads instead of just going cross-country all the time.

This poor little Bosmer stealth passive had passionate friends and a big loving family!

• Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They would have to somehow make those textures factor that in. With how laggy Cyrodiil is we don't need more things for the server to calculate.

Max mount speed with rapids is fast enough as it is. Use swift jewlery and put CP in the mount speed tree (if its still there, I dont remember..lol) if you want more than that.
    Edited by Katahdin on February 20, 2020 12:02AM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Match your player icon to a location on map wouldn’t be hard
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Destyran wrote: »

Its not that simple

Those locations need to be drawn out on the base map. Then the server program has to be coded to change your speed based on the fact you crossed the line into the new area. Then the server needs to calculate the new speed based on your current base speed (not everyone has a leveled horse). And it needs calculate and track speed for everyone on the map regardless of whether they are in the areas or not because the status can change at anytime.

They had to remove programmed deer to improve performance. People get dumped from the server whenever they get close to a big battle and even if they dont, the number of things going on lags out everyone on the server.

And you think the server can handle additional calculations per player character?

If you can't handle the long rides, dont go.
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Its not that simple

Those locations need to be drawn out on the base map. Then the server program has to be coded to change your speed based on the fact you crossed the line into the new area. Then the server needs to calculate the new speed based on your current base speed (not everyone has a leveled horse). And it needs calculate and track speed for everyone on the map regardless of whether they are in the areas or not because the status can change at anytime.

They had to remove programmed deer to improve performance. People get dumped from the server whenever they get close to a big battle and even if they dont, the number of things going on lags out everyone on the server.

And you think the server can handle additional calculations per player character?

I have loved pvp for a long time now but the riding in barren waste lands between areas suck and no it would be something as simple as <whencharacterreachesx:coordinates|y:coordinatesaddbuff:rapidmanuevers> I’m not even a coder just jesting but it sounds quite simple
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »

Its not that simple

I have loved pvp for a long time now but the riding in barren waste lands between areas suck and no it would be something as simple as <whencharacterreachesx:coordinates|y:coordinatesaddbuff:rapidmanuevers> I’m not even a coder just jesting but it sounds quite simple

Just going to have to disagree.

It's not that simple and we don't need more stuff for the server to calculate.

I would rather see something added to the battle spirit that just applies faster riding speed to everyone, everywhere in Cyrodiil rather than needing to slot the skill. This would not require the server to track location vs speed zones.

But since the skill exists and you can just use the skill to do the same thing everywhere in Cyrodiil, not just on the roads, neither of these will ever happen.

Edited by Katahdin on February 20, 2020 6:58PM