The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Magicka sets

JackSmirkingRevenge
Hey all,
So I'm finally getting to endgame, played a long time but took so many long breaks! I'm around cp250. Main magicka necromancer. Since I last played it seems like there are sooooo many sets. I cant even begin to figure out how to manage them all. Is there any good guides out there specifically related to sets and which ones a particular class should use. I use alcast atm but curious if there are others. Right now I'm using 5x mothers sorrow, and a mix of burning spell weave and julionos because I havent done trials yet. I was planning on using slimecraw for my monster set because getting zaan seems a bit away atm.

Any info would be appreciated, Thanks!
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magcros have both lightning and fire damage, so Ilambris can be a good enough monster set (a lot of magrocs run it in vSS because zaan doesn't work there) slimecraw is good in any situation you arent getting minor berserk (no proper healer, or vAS where healer cant provide it). Other than that, most classes use the same kind of sets (i would check your build though to make sure you don't have 120% crit chance at execute lol). If you dont have sustain problems, you can go new moon acolyte (very strong set all around if you can sustain it). Nothing much to add i guess, most will come from experience, and talking with other players.
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    So right now, I have 55 percent, with the 40 percent from Death Knell id be around 95, so close to cap I think. I will look at getting Llambris.

What are the sets to aim for if I might ask, since you stated that most classes use the same sets. Are they mothers sorrow, Burning Spellweave, or is there something else I should look at? Of course false God etc are trial sets that I am just not there CP wise yet to go after. Also is there any resources I should look for to find this.

Thanks again for the input!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The primary set you want you already have: Mother's Sorrow. Other sets to aim for:

False God's, from Sunspire. Go ahead and run it on normal as imperfect False God's is still an amazing set for magicka players.

BSW, which you have some of. Complete it and pair it with MS. Another great set.

Spell Strategist, Cyrodiil. You can buy what you need from guild traders. Its a strong set for single-target damage.

Siroria, from Cloudrest. Again, imperfect will work so you can run it on normal. A strong set that takes some getting used to given how it works. Some hate it, but in a good group, it is super powerful.

Julianos, craftable.

The best combo currently is False Gods + Mothers Sorrow. Sustain is ridiculous, as is the damage. I am currently running a MagDK with FG + Spell Strat and having a great time. You can mix and match with the above sets. Just find the combo that works for you.

As for monster sets, I love Zaan. Other than the sets mentioned by @zvavi , there are Grothdarr and Valkyn Skoria. Grothdarr is easy to get in Vaults of Madness. Valkyn Skoria is doable in City of Ash 2. Both are very powerful sets.
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    Thank you for the input! I would like to get Zaan but I hear vet scalecaller is a real beast, especially for pugs and my CP is too low.

It sounds like I am pretty good to go pre-trial sets at the moment. I guess now I just need to find a guild/group to get working on the trials.

Appreciate the feedback!
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vet Scalecaller is tough, don't want to give you the wrong impression, but it is puggable as long as everyone is familiar with the mechanics. Do the usual, watch videos, read walkthroughs, etc. Basically you need to use group chat and I prefer to fight close the the dragon statues on the end boss.

However, I think you need to be a CP300 as Scalecaller is a DLC dungeon. I could be wrong about SCP, but DLC dungeons have that CP gate. So you have some time to get those other sets. I would highly recommend Grothdarr as you are a fire-primary build and its so easy to get. Proccs like mad.
  • JackSmirkingRevenge
    Awesome will go work on Grothdarr today! Thanks for the help

Ya Vet Scalecaller is 300 cp, probably wouldnt even attempt it till after that anyway with how hard people say it is
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are so many sets indeed, but with 15 pieces of gear you can do very well (even optimal most cases) for 98% of PvE.
    • 5 (perfected) False God body/jewelry
    • 4 Mother Sorrow fire staff and 3 body/jewelry
    • 4 Slimecraw and Zaan is good to get and you'll have two piece crit option available when those don't work.
    • 2 A Maelstrom fire staff is something to get when you can as well as an Aslyum fire staff.

15 total pieces.

Later Siroria (4 pieces) and alternate set of Jewels (3 pieces) widens options a bit more. Mag might not have the nice variety of useful sets stam has but this is the other side of the coin (barely need any gear).
  • BeamsForDemacia
    BeamsForDemacia
    ✭✭✭
    well scp non hm isnt that hard, u can ask in guilds or like even try to queue if u practiced at least a bit ur dps (so u dont get carried completely)
    IR/GH/TTT/GS [MEDUSA]
  • yRaven
    yRaven
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a MagNecro i have some things i always carry and change depending on content, hope it helps you

Monster Helm: Zaan, Grothdarr, Iceheart, Slimecraw
    Body: Perfect False God, Perfect Siroria, Mother Sorrow
    Jewelry/Inferno Main Bar: Mother Sorrow, Spell Strategist
    Inferno Back Bar: Maelstrom, one with Berserker enchant and other with Prismatic

Body all Divines, jewelry BT and both staves Infused
    Edited by yRaven on February 20, 2020 12:03AM
    Jack of all trades. Master of at least one.
    -
    Àrës - Magicka Dragonknight (EP)
    Persephónē - Magicka Warden (EP)
    Athēna - Magicka Templar (EP)
    Hādēs - Magicka Necromancer (EP)
    Hërmës - Runner Troll (EP)