The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

DK - Fossilize - Does it make sense a double CC ability have DOUBLE CC immunity?

Sneakers
Sneakers
✭✭✭
I think it does.

Discuss.
  • Lughlongarm
    Lughlongarm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure I understood you correctly, but this skill actually have double immunity. If the target is CC immune, you cannot cast this spell to get the root effect. So the CC immunity covers the root immunity as well.
  • Rhaegar75
    Rhaegar75
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes ;)
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Not sure I understood you correctly, but this skill actually have double immunity. If the target is CC immune, you cannot cast this spell to get the root effect. So the CC immunity covers the root immunity as well.

Thought thread title was kinda self explainatory but ill give you guys some more meat in ur broth to get this started:

Player A (not a DK) fights player B (a DK)

Player B casts fossilize on player A at 0s time stamp.

Player A is stunned by fossilize at 0s timestamp

Player A breaks out of stun at 0.1s time stamp but remains inside the 2nd stage root from 0.1s to 3.1s time stamp full 3s root.

Player B casts fossilize at time stamp 5.1s and stuns and roots player A again.

Noteworthy here is that the immunity counter starts ticking from 0.1s time stamp when the stun of the first fossilize is broken and not when the 2nd stage root effect runs out at 3.1s.

Another interesting aspect to note:

Why isnt 10s immunity given from the time were your break the root component? Stun plus root is 2x CC should have doubled lenght immunity since it require two types of break out and you spend "twice" the amount of resources to counter it.

That would be logical from a design pov to me.

Just an interesting fact about DKs.

Feel free to discuss :wink:
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cc immunity is 7 seconds not 10.

Petrify is priced around having the benefit of hitting the targets stamina pool twice (assuming they dont have a magicka based cleanse or snare removal like RAT.

Assuming the target breaks free right away, by the time you are able to stun them again, the snare immunity window has already since expired.

Outside of that I'm not sure what you are saying.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Someone seems to be very confused and needs to have the difference between "hard CC" and "soft CC" explained to them. ;)

Nothing to see here, people.
  • Sneakers
    Sneakers
    ✭✭✭
    Royaji wrote: »
    Someone seems to be very confused and needs to have the difference between "hard CC" and "soft CC" explained to them. ;)

Nothing to see here, people.

Seems to me you need to have it explained to you.

Cc immunity is 5 maybe 6s not 7s.

Cc ummunity is given on break free.

So my situation described above holds true, except it might be 6s starting from the 1st break free from stun.

DKs can almost chain stunn people forcing them to expend 8000 stamina before 'rebates' on a 4000 magicka cost ability before rebates.

You cant even be playing the game if your seriously suggesting you have 7s immunity to fossilize after the root breaks.

Tell me again why rune cage got nerfed? And for good reasons.
  • MartiniDaniels
    MartiniDaniels
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You are immobilize immune 3 seconds after each roll-dodge, 4 seconds after each RAT etc. So fossilize immobilize simply doesn't happen if you were immobilize immune on break free from stun. As a DK I will easily agree to replace that immobilize for something more valuable like minor vulnerability.