Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

4v4v4s dead in new patch

iCaliban
iCaliban
✭✭✭✭✭
First some background: some guilds, first popularized by bloodsport and then adopted by other guilds, have found a way to get 3 separate premade teams to fight eachother in the same BG. With the new patch removing group queues this is going away.

What Id like to ask is that zos implement some sort of lobby system or group only queues to maintain this gameplay.

While not overly popular it does fill a unique gameplay niche not found anywhere else in ESO
Edited by iCaliban on February 18, 2020 3:54PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed that we still need an option to play as a premade.

Add another queue, we don't care if we have to wait / lobby a while.

Allow private battlegrounds too, (no rewards) to use as guild training / PvP training etc.

Also add a leaderboard, register a team for a season / week etc. Have scoreboards and other prizes.

Add the above to this year's chapter and it will give me a reason to pre-order!!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no reason other than a lack of motivation for not having this implemented. Having the ability to populate a battleground with 3 premade teams of any number per team should be an option, though I'd imagine it would come without in game rewards or ranking due to potential abuse. It would be great for guild events or training or just learning battleground layouts.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    “First Popularized by BloodSport”

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Jokes aside, custom lobbies would be great.

If ZOS could allocate a tiny budget to their Bg population we’d appreciate it.
    Edited by Thogard on February 18, 2020 2:44PM
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    “First Popularized by BloodSport”

HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA

Jokes aside, custom lobbies would be great.

If ZOS could allocate a tiny budget to their Bg population we’d appreciate it.

Ok. They have been doing it for years. And considering im CO gm of the largest BG guild NA and we got it from them...

I was giving attribution to the people who introduced me to it.
    Edited by iCaliban on February 18, 2020 3:03PM
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    Agreed that we still need an option to play as a premade.

Add another queue, we don't care if we have to wait / lobby a while.

Allow private battlegrounds too, (no rewards) to use as guild training / PvP training etc.

Also add a leaderboard, register a team for a season / week etc. Have scoreboards and other prizes.

Add the above to this year's chapter and it will give me a reason to pre-order!!

Private battlegrounds would be ideal. With options to allow us to choose maps would be great
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This update is the death of BG guilds if we don’t get a lobby system or something equivalent.
  • Zer0_CooL
    Zer0_CooL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard some people enjoy fishing. You might consider doing that instead.
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are removing Alliance lock in Cyrodiil "main" campaign, (2 actually, CP and no CP). I guess this is "in exchange" for no group queue in BGs.
  • BAWITDABAW
    BAWITDABAW
    Soul Shriven
    i also want multi-person duels so we can 2v2 3v3 1v2 etc
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BAWITDABAW wrote: »
    i also want multi-person duels so we can 2v2 3v3 1v2 etc

Yes that would be great as well. Im not sure why they continue to give us half assed story dlc that no one pays attention to instead of core gameplay features with a lot more replay value than a 2 hour story that you can light attack through.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn’t the death of BG guilds. SA is based on solo queueing and we run into each other all the time. It’s a place to chat while on separate teams. Your guilds should be like that too.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

• Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn’t the death of BG guilds. SA is based on solo queueing and we run into each other all the time. It’s a place to chat while on separate teams. Your guilds should be like that too.

It’s the death of BG guilds that actually do stuff together and want to play a team gamemode with a team and against other teams.
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »

It’s the death of BG guilds that actually do stuff together and want to play a team gamemode with a team and against other teams.

Yeah.

Hopefully you guys can go to sotha or something and just do 4v4 scrims there.

Ideally we’ll get custom lobbies.

• Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    We should remove teaming up in all wpvp maps too, I'ts not fair people get to team up. I mean why not?

I think it would be better to introduce anti social behavior to the community, then it will be more like wow.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They are removing Alliance lock in Cyrodiil "main" campaign, (2 actually, CP and no CP). I guess this is "in exchange" for no group queue in BGs.

No, they are only unlocking noCP.

CP has had a choice for half a year..
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • precambria
    precambria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump, playing organized teams versus each other is a whole other level of difficulty and intensity than even the top BGer solo/duo queue games it would be a real shame to lose the chance to grow in skill or make builds dedicated to this tier of play..... ;_; pls zos
  • boomcat
    boomcat
    precambria wrote: »
    Bump, playing organized teams versus each other is a whole other level of difficulty and intensity than even the top BGer solo/duo queue games it would be a real shame to lose the chance to grow in skill or make builds dedicated to this tier of play..... ;_; pls zos

true, but atm, organized teams meets none organized teams, with lead to rolfstomps. no fight in that, just ez wins.. i dont care if its solo, i play most solo anyways, but should make a teams based queue.. but i think it will be dead fast, because players dont like to fight vs other premades.. and actuly have to be good :P
  • iCaliban
    iCaliban
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    boomcat wrote: »

true, but atm, organized teams meets none organized teams, with lead to rolfstomps. no fight in that, just ez wins.. i dont care if its solo, i play most solo anyways, but should make a teams based queue.. but i think it will be dead fast, because players dont like to fight vs other premades.. and actuly have to be good :P

Thats a lot of word salad that has nothing to do with this post. Organized in guild 4v4v4s are regular occurrences. This post has nothing to do with "premades vs solos"
  • boomcat
    boomcat
    iCaliban wrote: »

Thats a lot of word salad that has nothing to do with this post. Organized in guild 4v4v4s are regular occurrences. This post has nothing to do with "premades vs solos"

im sorry if you had a hard time reading my post. then do OWpvp 4v4v4. a system where a 4man can go in vs pure randoms, is finaly gone, and its nice. i dont care about your "guild" organized 4v4v4 :P
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    iCaliban wrote: »

im sorry if you had a hard time reading my post. then do OWpvp 4v4v4. a system where a 4man can go in vs pure randoms, is finaly gone, and its nice. i dont care about your "guild" organized 4v4v4 :P
    Due to faction limitations, you can't really organize open-world 4v4v4 in Cyrodiil the same way that you can in BGs. I think iCaliban would agree that premade-vs-random BGs stink, and he's not asking to maintain that system - he just wants the option to still have premade-vs-premade games.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’m not in favor of the solo queue restrictions but it’s very premature to suggest BGs will be dead.
  • wheem_ESO
    wheem_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    I’m not in favor of the solo queue restrictions but it’s very premature to suggest BGs will be dead.
    He doesn't mean that BGs themselves will be dead, just that the ability to have three full premade teams face off against each other will be.
  • ketsparrowhawk
    ketsparrowhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes please let us create custom matches! No rewards necessary.
  • Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    Scion_of_Yggdrasil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Custom/Private matches please!

Not to get off topic, but ESO has the makings to become an RPG maker as well... custom dungeons? Sign me up.
  • Pecoult89
    Pecoult89
    Soul Shriven
    In my view, this update is a big step back for this game. Me and my friends only play BG. I was wondering from some of the players that if you want to go group pvp we have cyrodiil. But cyrodiil is a big difference from BG. In BG, we enjoyed the trouble and speed. Within 15 minutes we could play many kinds of games and now it's gone. I think this change to solo queue is as stupid as if you did solo queue in the dungeoun finder. All the progress we should have thrown away. In fact, after the update we stopped playing ESO. I tried playing solo bg and I don't see there any difference. Likewise, if you get players in the team that don't know what to do, you lose. It's the same as before Update.
    There's one solution. Do 1 queue solo and second for group. I do not understand that in testing is not this possibility. 2 different queue.
    I have spent a lot of money and time in this game and I hope it was not for nothing, because if the queue soon repair will stop playing the game completely and I will be very angry.
  • Donny_Vito
    Donny_Vito
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pecoult89 wrote: »
    In my view, this update is a big step back for this game. Me and my friends only play BG. I was wondering from some of the players that if you want to go group pvp we have cyrodiil. But cyrodiil is a big difference from BG. In BG, we enjoyed the trouble and speed. Within 15 minutes we could play many kinds of games and now it's gone. I think this change to solo queue is as stupid as if you did solo queue in the dungeoun finder. All the progress we should have thrown away. In fact, after the update we stopped playing ESO. I tried playing solo bg and I don't see there any difference. Likewise, if you get players in the team that don't know what to do, you lose. It's the same as before Update.
    There's one solution. Do 1 queue solo and second for group. I do not understand that in testing is not this possibility. 2 different queue.
    I have spent a lot of money and time in this game and I hope it was not for nothing, because if the queue soon repair will stop playing the game completely and I will be very angry.

All I can say is give it some time. They have made it abundantly clear (or so I thought) that this was an experiment and that they'd analyze the results to determine how to best work the BG group finder.

People complained about pre-mades, and they have all that data for years when pre-mades were allowed to enter BGs. Now they are gathering data on how popular BGs are without pre-mades. Once they have that data, they should make the appropriate determination on whether we revert, stick with the current system, or introduce a new system (i.e. multiple finders for solo and groups).