The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance.
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

Do you want to see skins and personalities return to dungeon Challengers and trial HMs?

stevenyaub16_ESO
stevenyaub16_ESO
✭✭✭✭
Collecting these skins and personalities was so much fun from one dungeon to another and moving between them and vet trials and HMs to collect those ones.

Then Wrathstone and Scalebreaker comes along without the skin or personality attached to those achievements. It really took out the satisfaction of completing or going for those challengers.

Endgamers like to have something to show off after completing such feats. That's why so many people rock the silver skin even if it makes them look stupid. The vSS skin For example should have been given for vSS HM.

If they stopped doing this because it lets people obtain them easier... Can't we have both? Give a skin/personality for completing an overland achievement in addition to endgame achievements.

Edited by stevenyaub16_ESO on February 13, 2020 6:09AM

Do you want to see skins and personalities return to dungeon Challengers and trial HMs? 33 votes

Yes!
60%
stevenyaub16_ESOtonne.backlinderb16_ESOralphylaurenLadyNalcaryabuldezirNevascaFroilEl_BorrachoWrathOfInnosLegendaryOakskarekizcolossalvoidsBooPerScOOperKaartinenskrvbb10rdJaded_JayUntilValhalla13ParamedicusisoJsSuna_Ye_Sunnabe 20 votes
No!
39%
DraxysDelpiKatahdinDalsinthusSnowZeniaxRichh94gepe87ArbitRaisinSlothyliciousPajorNoldornirtonyblack 13 votes
  • colossalvoids
    colossalvoids
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yes!
    They'll not swap it back though.
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    It's always felt counter-intuitive to me that the 'bigger rewards' such as skins, personalities and body markings come from lesser achievements, while harder achievements give a title at best or nothing. I definitely wish there was some kind of reward for the trifecta achievements in dungeons. BUT cosmetics are one of the most desirable rewards ingame and locking skins and the like behind the harder achievements just isn't feasible. I think titles are a fair compromise because while they may still be something that's desirable from a cosmetic point of view, they're not as big of a deal as skins, personalities and body markings. Titles also, IMO, fit well concept-wise as something that lets you show off an achievement.

So yeah. I definitely wish there was SOMETHING for dungeon trifectas, just like trial trifectas give you a title. While I do personally would love the feeling of earning something bigger from these things, I don't think it's fair to the rest of the playerbase and thus not realistic. I think us people who enjoy that content need to placate ourselves with the fact that we are doing it for the sake of the challenge. There's unfortunately too many people who wouldn't go near that stuff, and too many of those are (much like me) way too passionate about the gotta-catch-them-all dress-up-game side of ESO.
    I'm fairly sure the reason the vSS mount isn't a bigger deal is only because a: there was a very similar crownstore version and b: it's not popular design wise.

So yeah, I really get it. And if there's a way to implement it in a way that's not unfair to other players, I am all for it. But I personally can't think of a way to make it work.
  • UntilValhalla13
    UntilValhalla13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes!
    Honestly, the silver skin is probably one of the better looking ones in the game. The sunspire skin just looked like a lazier cross between the crystalfrost skin and the Meridia skin.
  • Noldornir
    Noldornir
    ✭✭✭
    No!
    About Dungeon= maybe but most of them looked so ugly that CBA
    About trials= no, i'd keep skins for "plain" vets and titles for HMs/achievement just as is now.

Fact is you can use a title ONLY on the alt that achieved the result while the skin can be used on every alt and I like it this way (for example I have personality from vFL, obtained with DK tank but I'm using it on my magcro which looks way cooler than a DK with that on while only the DK has the Dovahkriid title for killing Thurvokun in HM)
  • Paramedicus
    Paramedicus
    ✭✭✭
    Yes!
    Yesss, it s cool incentive.
    PC EU
    /script JumpToHouse("@Paramedicus")

↑↑↑ Feel free to visit my house if you need to use Transmute Station or Trial Dummy with buffs (look for Harrowing Reaper) ↑↑↑