The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Removal of Egg Sister costume

Jayne_Doe
Jayne_Doe
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I just noticed that this costume was removed with no warning. I looked back through the previous 8 showcase articles and saw no mention of its removal, though I'm certain I still saw it in the store a few weeks ago.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Can you look into this? I'm hopeful it was a mistake or that you'll bring it back for the Murkmire event.
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Strange. As a consolation I can say a similar outfit will be available soon in Xanmeer Crates. It's called the four-fabric skirt set.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't think you normally get any warning of costumes being removed, sadly.

They only seem to warn you about limited time offers coming to an end.

By the way, do you mean the Egg-Sister Biased-Cut Casual Wear, or the other (more elaborate) one, which had the leg issues when it was first launched?
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    This is the Casual Wear one:

HjHTzIP.png
    Egg-Sister Biased-Cut Casual Wear (dyed Alchemist Bilious and Necromancer Blue)

This is the other one, complete with leg-cropping issue, which I think they later solved:

PGwXSXD.png
    Lizardly Four-Fabric Skirt Set

Edited by Tigerseye on February 4, 2020 10:38AM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have the Lizardly Four-Fabric one, thankfully. The one I'm missing is the Egg-Sister one.

And yes, they do normally warn us when existing crown store items are removed. In December, they announced the removal of a number of motifs. In July, they announced the removal of the following costumes:

"Eternity" Tunic with Pants
    City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    Graht-Climber's Active Wear
    Grazelands Gentlemer Farmer
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

That's why I'm asking. They did this with the New Moon Sash Robe, which was removed without notice and later put back in the store, as it's removal was an error.

I'm hoping it's the case with this costume as well. That it was erroneously removed and they'll return it. Or perhaps its removal was intended, and they didn't give us notice, in which case I'll contact support. Or perhaps they'll bring it back for the Murkmire anniversary event.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »
    I have the Lizardly Four-Fabric one, thankfully. The one I'm missing is the Egg-Sister one.

And yes, they do normally warn us when existing crown store items are removed. In December, they announced the removal of a number of motifs. In July, they announced the removal of the following costumes:

City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

That's why I'm asking. They did this with the New Moon Sash Robe, which was removed without notice and later put back in the store, as it's removal was an error.

I'm hoping it's the case with this costume as well. That it was erroneously removed and they'll return it. Or perhaps its removal was intended, and they didn't give us notice, in which case I'll contact support. Or perhaps they'll bring it back for the Murkmire anniversary event.

Oh right, via announcements.

I meant that they don't normally seem to do a countdown, on the store, like they do for limited time items.

Yes, hopefully, it's an error and they only meant to remove the other one (to put in the crates).
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

They're almost the same. They only differ on the crotch flap and jewelery.
    "I bear the cruel weight of certainty. Total, absolute, relentless certainty. People rarely comprehend the luxury of doubt... the freedom that comes with indecision. I envy you."
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I saw this several days ago. I debated making a thread seeing as Showcase articles have typically announced removals.

However, knowing that we now have a Murkmire event coming up, I suspect we'll be seeing the costume return for a limited time, then pulled again.

It's a shame. I've long had the opinion that each race's 500 Crown casual costume should be a permanent fixture. One male design and one female.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | Mountain bike enjoyer and vulpine appreciator | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tigerseye wrote: »

City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

I meant that they don't normally seem to do a countdown, on the store, like they do for limited time items.

Yes, hopefully, it's an error and they only meant to remove the other one (to put in the crates).

No, they have ALWAYS put countdown timers on items they have announced would be removed. I do hope it's an error, but the Lizardly one was removed a while ago; this one only disappeared in the last few weeks.
    I saw this several days ago. I debated making a thread seeing as Showcase articles have typically announced removals.

However, knowing that we now have a Murkmire event coming up, I suspect we'll be seeing the costume return for a limited time, then pulled again.

It's a shame. I've long had the opinion that each race's 500 Crown casual costume should be a permanent fixture. One male design and one female.

Yeah...I'm hoping maybe we'll see it return for the Murkmire event. I'm also of the opinion that each race's 500 crown costume should remain in the store. For quite a while, that was true, and then they started removing those. Which is why I always keep a close eye on the CS announcements for any mention of items being removed. This one was not announced and no timer was placed on it; it just disappeared.

I think I'll hang tight and see if it shows up during the event, before I contact support to see if they'll help me out.
    Michae wrote: »

So? I want both, LOL. There are differences and I'd like to have the Egg Sister one as well.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 6, 2020 4:17PM
  • Michae
    Michae
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So? I want both, LOL. There are differences and I'd like to have the Egg Sister one as well.

Nothing. I just wanted to say crotch flap. Good luck with getting it. You can try to write a support ticket and ask for them to sell you. Why didn't you buy it when it was available btw?
    Edited by Michae on February 7, 2020 11:35AM
    Sotha Sil

@Michae PC/EU
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

No, they have ALWAYS put countdown timers on items they have announced would be removed. I do hope it's an error, but the Lizardly one was removed a while ago; this one only disappeared in the last few weeks.

Oh, OK...

I was sure I had seen (non-limited time) things disappear from the store, without warning, in the past?

Maybe I just missed the countdowns?

Either way, hope they put it back for you soon. :smile:
    Edited by Tigerseye on February 8, 2020 4:06PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

Oh, OK...

I was sure I had seen (non-limited time) things disappear from the store, without warning, in the past?

You're not wrong that there have been a few items that just disappeared from the Crown Store without warning, but the majority of the time, they are announced in the CS Showcase and timers are placed on them. The ones I know about that just disappeared without warning are below. There may be more, but if so, they were items that I had either already purchased or had no desire to purchase, so I was never aware of them.

-New Moons Cross-Sash Robe - a player posted a thread about this one, and ZOS determined it had been removed in error, and they put it back in the CS; it's still there

-Kinlord's Alinor Attire - another player opened a thread, which I stopped checking due to the fact that the costume showed up in the Black Fredas sale in November 2018, and so I was able to purchase it then.

-Treethane's Mosaic Jerkin - I saw another thread about this one, but didn't really pay attention since I had already purchased it.

I do hope it either was a mistake and they'll put it back for sale, like the New Moons Cross-Sash Robe, or it'll be for sale again during the Murkmire Event so I can purchase it then, like I did with the Kinlord's Alinor Attire during the 2018 Black Fredas sale.

As you can probably guess, I'm a bit of a costume fanatic! :D

ETA: Last weekend, I went ahead and purchased all remaining costumes I was interested in. Since there hasn't been any limited-time items that I've been interested in the last few months, I felt safe going ahead and spending some crowns. I'm on a budget, so often will wait until I know a regular item is being removed in order to purchase it, which allows me to have crowns available for any limited-time items I'm interested in. In the case of this costume, though, I got burned, so I decided to just buy the remaining ones and not risk losing out.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 12, 2020 11:00PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Nothing. I just wanted to say crotch flap. Good luck with getting it. You can try to write a support ticket and ask for them to sell you. Why didn't you buy it when it was available btw?

It's more than that, though, even though some of the differences are more subtle.

I'm planning to contact support, provided it doesn't magically show up during the Murkmire event. See my comment above about why I hadn't purchased it earlier. My budget is the reason. Some costumes that I want but are not "gotta have right away for this particular character" I wait on until I either have spare crowns or they announce it's being removed. Got burned on this one. Was almost burned on the Kinlord's Alinor Attire, but it showed up during a Black Fredas sale. Lesson learned, though - don't trust ZOS to warn us as they do the majority of the time.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 12, 2020 11:06PM
  • pigeonXqueen
    pigeonXqueen
    Soul Shriven
    I'm planning to contact support, provided it doesn't magically show up during the Murkmire event.

lol good luck sis! :'(
  • tomofhyrule
    tomofhyrule
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    They usually put a notice if things are leaving, and I remember they put the robe back when it was removed since some people put in tickets that it was taken out without notice.

Still, I saw the Standing Wave style did the same, since I don't remember a notice that that was going too, but it's gone.

I do like when we get the notices so I can buy things before they go out. I'm holding off on a few things I'd like, but not for a character I'm playing now, to see if they go on sale, but if we get a "7 days left!" I'll get them.
  • Tigerseye
    Tigerseye
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

Oh, OK...

You're not wrong that there have been a few items that just disappeared from the Crown Store without warning, but the majority of the time, they are announced in the CS Showcase and timers are placed on them. The ones I know about that just disappeared without warning are below. There may be more, but if so, they were items that I had either already purchased or had no desire to purchase, so I was never aware of them.

-New Moons Cross-Sash Robe - a player posted a thread about this one, and ZOS determined it had been removed in error, and they put it back in the CS; it's still there

-Kinlord's Alinor Attire - another player opened a thread, which I stopped checking due to the fact that the costume showed up in the Black Fredas sale in November 2018, and so I was able to purchase it then.

-Treethane's Mosaic Jerkin - I saw another thread about this one, but didn't really pay attention since I had already purchased it.

I do hope it either was a mistake and they'll put it back for sale, like the New Moons Cross-Sash Robe, or it'll be for sale again during the Murkmire Event so I can purchase it then, like I did with the Kinlord's Alinor Attire during the 2018 Black Fredas sale.

ETA: Last weekend, I went ahead and purchased all remaining costumes I was interested in. Since there hasn't been any limited-time items that I've been interested in the last few months, I felt safe going ahead and spending some crowns. I'm on a budget, so often will wait until I know a regular item is being removed in order to purchase it, which allows me to have crowns available for any limited-time items I'm interested in. In the case of this costume, though, I got burned, so I decided to just buy the remaining ones and not risk losing out.

Maybe that is why they do it?

To try to make people panic and buy all the items they don't want to miss.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They usually put a notice if things are leaving, and I remember they put the robe back when it was removed since some people put in tickets that it was taken out without notice.

Still, I saw the Standing Wave style did the same, since I don't remember a notice that that was going too, but it's gone.

I do like when we get the notices so I can buy things before they go out. I'm holding off on a few things I'd like, but not for a character I'm playing now, to see if they go on sale, but if we get a "7 days left!" I'll get them.

Yes, they do usually put notices on things, but sometimes, they don't, which is why I posted this thread. They didn't put a notice on the egg sister costume that it was being removed - no countdown timer, no mention in the CS showcase. I generally do what you do, wait for certain items to indicate they're being removed before buying them. But, I got burned with this one, so don't expect that every item you're wanting will have a countdown timer placed on it.

Lesson learned, for me.

One last ditch attempt to see if I can get a response from ZOS as to whether this costume's removal was intentional or a mistake - @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

City Isle Tunic Dress
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    High Rock Pioneer Outfit

Oh, OK...

Maybe that is why they do it?

To try to make people panic and buy all the items they don't want to miss.

Perhaps, though, again, they generally do give us warning. In my specific case, though, it worked to get me to finally buy those other things I'd been meaning to. I don't mind, since they're all items I'd been wanting, and I haven't spent many crowns lately as there hasn't been much I've been interested in the past couple of months.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How did your support ticket turn out, @Jayne_Doe?

ZOS has sometimes granted the request in the past ... provided the player had enough crowns.

So, it may work out for you ... if you do a little follow-up on that first canned response from Support.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I submitted the ticket on Friday afternoon and by Saturday evening I had the costume in my collection. I am so happy!