The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Xbox crash w buzzing/humming

Gnash_db
Gnash_db
Trying to find out if it's a eso issue or my new Xbox needs returned my game freezes with a loud audible buzzing or humming for 5 secs then crashes to dashboard it only happens in cyrodill and I've tried all troubleshooting cach clear, reinstall, Ethernet etc.so is this normal or Xbox is defective?
  • mccoyn1990_ESO
    mccoyn1990_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Nope not your xbox just the game, Mine did the same thing 4 times yesterday doing city of ash ended up getting kicked from the dungeon because of it... Then to put Icing on the cake when I got back in it said someone was already on my account.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    @Gnash_db

With the basic Xbox crash troubleshooting not resolving your crash, we recommend opening a ticket with customer support so they can investigate what else may be causing this crash.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnash_db wrote: »
    Trying to find out if it's a eso issue or my new Xbox needs returned my game freezes with a loud audible buzzing or humming for 5 secs then crashes to dashboard it only happens in cyrodill and I've tried all troubleshooting cach clear, reinstall, Ethernet etc.so is this normal or Xbox is defective?

Been having the same issue. Have deleted save files, cleared cache, reset etc. and it still happens frequently. This is my second xbox one x and eso would freeze crash with that horrible humming sound on both consoles. Something in the game is not optimized. It's not the console.
  • UppGRAYxDD
    UppGRAYxDD
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Happening to me a lot too.... seems like it happens the most when I travel to a keep or wayshrine, or when I run into a large group.... Xbox elite NA
    "Stendarr's mercy be upon you, for the vigil has none to spare."
  • CycnusX1TheGreat
    Happens to me every session. Sometimes twice. Frustrating
  • CycnusX1TheGreat
    LOL. Just happened....again.
  • sproattt
    sproattt
    ✭✭✭
    Happens allll the time. Since Elsewhyre especially in PvP. You get a black screen then the game crashes, or if you get spanked on by 10 ppl and it glitches you out as the game is trying to eventually register all the laggy damage.
    Stamblade Main.
  • CycnusX1TheGreat
    Exactly. Just happened to me again tonight in cyro.
  • jayfisher_ESO
    jayfisher_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Multiple (as in 5) lock up....drops to a 5 min loading screen when attacking a keep, lag...I could go on. Ridiculous.
  • Gnash_db
    Gnash_db
    Well have a update after moving to a xbox one x with external ssd the crashing with 5 second buzz hasnt happened so from my experience the xbox one s hardware cannot handle massive battles in cyro sucks its not optimized for base consoles but even with one x cyro does still run like crap fps/lag issues etc.
    Edited by Gnash_db on February 12, 2020 6:59PM