The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are these stats ok?

Gamingdays
Gamingdays
✭✭
Hey guys I’m a returning player I took a break a bit ago and I’ve been itching to get back into vet trials. I’m just wondering if my stats here are ok I know my stam recovery is a little low I didn’t have the best food equipped at the time to boost that up.

Edit: the link didn’t post originally lol
https://imgur.com/gallery/UPLzkcD
Edited by Gamingdays on February 10, 2020 4:27PM

Best Answer

• thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Players often compare stats for tanks, healers and PvP builds. Generally it’s not that indicative for PvE DPS.

As far as things like weapon damage, it doesn’t really matter...we compare DPS (dummy) for PvE generally. A stat we generally do care about is Weap Crit as >50% shadow is certainly the best mundus Stone for maximizing DPS (you’re in that boat). Other than that no one cares about stats.

I can rattle of my tank and healer stats but have no idea what my DPS spell/weapon damage figures are as they vary quite a.bit. What one parses on a dummy and in trials are the damage stats that matter.

I have an orc stamplar that uses Arteum/Dubious and sustain fine. Sometimes I use focus. As an imp you would be fine with that, but might be able to push no sustain food (like braised rabbit legs) running focus particularly if there are things to repent.
    Edited by thadjarvis on February 11, 2020 2:09PM
    Answer ✓
  • Gamingdays
    Gamingdays
    ✭✭
    Oh I should note I’m a imperial stamplar but I am thinking about race changing to an orc
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running out of stamina is a problem, @Gamingdays ... because you can’t reapply DoTs or otherwise sustain a reasonable DPS for Trials.

Have you tested this build in normal Trials or been able to measure your DPS?

You can gain sustain back through better provisioning drink, CP, or finding a better sustain 5-pc set to supplement your 5-pc damage set.

If you’re looking long-term, the current meta is not favorable for Stamplars and Stam Wardens ... though that could change down the road with ZOS combat adjustments.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on February 10, 2020 9:35PM
  • Gamingdays
    Gamingdays
    ✭✭
    @Taleof2Cities I have ran this build in both normal and vet trials same goes for dungeons. My stam recovery is low in the picture because I’m not use the correct food as I was in PvP. Since it’s been awhile I was just wondering if the weapon damage and crit was good or if it was something I needed to improve that being said I love my stamplar even tho ZOS likes to nerf or change things often lol.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A build is more than just weapon damage and crit chance, @Gamingdays ... though I think you’re probably aware of that from your prior playing days. Your tank and healers can only provide so much in terms of buffs and sustain.

But, if you’ve already tested your character in Trials, why are you even asking about stats in the forums??

Glad you’re enjoying your Stamplar. Just be prepared to work harder to get your Trials raid leader’s attention for any progressive raiding.
  • thadjarvis
    thadjarvis
    ✭✭✭✭
    After StamCro, Sorc might edge it out if there’s a Templar healer. Highest end groups still just stack necros. I wouldn’t worry about meta as you’re in the top half at least and things change.

They have the 2nd highest parse with one of the easiest rotations (after getting down jab weave timing). No other stam provides a synergy (some mags don’t). NB/DK are usually covered by tanks, warden by healer, in meta.

They are also strong in dungeon with built in cleave, high amount of off healing, the synergy, and like 5 flex slots. They beat some mags even in terms of group utility.

Trial sustain will vary. A group with two master resto’s, 2+ SoB’s, and lots of synergies vs little of that is a stark difference. Using the new 21mil dummy with parse food is a good method to dial in a baseline sustain. If you get more in some groups you can just bash more.

Probably won’t notice much difference until you start getting up towards 70k. Before that the imp sustain and health could nice in more intermediate groups and just getting back into the swing of things.

Note weapon damage varies a lot. Consider a dungeon setup with 2 infused and a set like NMA or Hundings vs Relequen/Lokk/Deadly all bloodthirsty. The ladder does much more single target damage but will have a much lower damage stats on character sheet bc the 5pieces don’t show up in stats: proc damage and damage done modifier.
    Edited by thadjarvis on February 12, 2020 3:36PM