The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The issue is resolved, and the North American PC/Mac megaserver is now available. Thank you for your patience!
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8100050/#Comment_8100050

What kind of armor for a StamNecro

MaGicBush
MaGicBush
✭✭✭
So I am doing a StamNecro DPS and I was wondering if I should go all medium armor, or if I should have a few pieces of heavy armor also? I plan to mostly PvP once I hit endgame.

I may also want to tank some dungeons at some point, but how hard is it to switch from dps to tank?

Also if anyone could point me to a good build for such a toon I would appreciate it. I am currently level 7 and have been just winging where to put my ability points.

Thanks for any tips!
Edited by MaGicBush on February 8, 2020 1:50PM
  • Moridin_82
    Moridin_82
    ✭✭✭
    For now u should Just lvl up skills. Check alcast or xynode
  • MaGicBush
    MaGicBush
    ✭✭✭
    Moridin_82 wrote: »

Thanks for the websites. I checked them out, and they recommend using all medium with one heavy and one light for DPS. So thanks. However, they only show PvE builds. Would it be wise to just take those builds in to PvP as well?
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MaGicBush wrote: »
    Moridin_82 wrote: »

Thanks for the websites. I checked them out, and they recommend using all medium with one heavy and one light for DPS. So thanks. However, they only show PvE builds. Would it be wise to just take those builds in to PvP as well?

Please note that the 5-1-1 recommendation for armor weights is based on the Undaunted Mettle passive. If you haven't done a lot of dungeons, you don't get its benefit.

And PvP builds are very different from PvE ones. Sites such as Alcast's have separate builds for the two purposes. Google on something like pvp stam necro eso for examples.
    Edited by FrancisCrawford on February 9, 2020 1:43AM
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As for tanking vs. PvE/PvP -- those builds are even more different. Check out tanking builds, see which skills you're likely to want to have unlocked if you ever tank, get the unlocking over with, and otherwise don't worry about it until you actually are ready to tank. :)

In particular, you'll want to unlock:
    • The whole one hand & shield skill line.
    • Silver Leash in the Fighter's Guild skill line.
    • The ranged taunt in the Undaunted skill line.
    There are many other nice-to-haves, but those are the most essential ones.
  • MaGicBush
    MaGicBush
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the help. I've got some work ahead of me :smiley: .
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No. Under no circumstances should you run the PVE setup for stam necro in PVP. You will get insta-destroyed.

I run Fury + 7th Legion + whatever monster set I want to play with. Heavy armor with Impen traits for the body, 5-1-1 with monsters for the undaunted passives. Also run a 2H front bar, S&B back bar, and sometimes with a healing staff back bar setup if I am running badly that day.