The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PvP/Cyrodil is so much better WITHOUT A CC COOLDOWN

Crom_CCCXVI
Crom_CCCXVI
✭✭✭✭✭
Trying to hold Dlowe with like 10 other guys fully expecting the 30+ bad guys to run past and win the numbers game as soon as the door goes down, are only real hope is maybe a bomb.... but wait, why aren't they just rushing in... some are dying in oil, counter siege is work, wait... CC's work again.... The bigger Zerg no longer wins every fight, strategy is back

and that Troll who just wants to streak around the outer walls of the keep for 20minutes, well now at least he has to drink a potion.

It's interesting, a guild conversation about the worst thing to ever happen to PvP in Cyrodil was adding a CC Cooldown.. such a better game without it
  • Crom_CCCXVI
    Crom_CCCXVI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm saying is whatever is going on with the code this patch, is a version where CC's didn't have a Cooldown, so you had to either use a skill or drink a potion to get CC Immunity.. it made defending things more tactical It was removed in one of the many changes to make people harder to kill... but IMO, resulted in really hurting smaller group play and created total zerg or run away build play
    Options
  • GRXRG
    GRXRG
    ✭✭✭✭
    But then maybe you will realize being CC locked 95% of the times is not fun at all.
    You may drink a potion for 10 seconds immunity, and then the rest 37 seconds you get fossilize, break free and get streak'ed, break free and get fossilize again, ending up with zero stamina and dead in few seconds.
    They should just remove every undodgeable, unblockable CC and address permablock builds in other ways.
    Options
  • Cathexis
    Cathexis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    More tactical and strategic? My experience was it just made you remain disengaged if your side had lower numbers and forced you to slot a cc immunity 100% of the time.

I agree with @GRXRG, being cc locked 90% of the time isn't exactly PvP. That's really just player versus an unresponsive ui, you aren't really beating an actual player.

Also that guy streak "trolling" (aka, using the classes normal abilities to engage in PvP) around the keep, probably already does rotate a anti-cc.
    Edited by Cathexis on February 9, 2020 2:15PM
    The Tomb of FPS Alteration Magic - Everything You Need to Know About FPS
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/520903/tomb-of-fps-alteration-magic-everything-you-need-to-know-about-fps
    Praise Malacath.
    Options
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CC immunity not working gives the advantage to the larger group. In the situation of the OP, you were defending a keep. Try that in the open field and you’ll probably change your mind.
    Edited by Iskiab on February 9, 2020 8:27PM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
    Options
  • Anyron
    Anyron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you can literaly stunlock someone until death? Where is fun in this?
    Thats i win button.

Hard and soft CC immunity is how long. 4-5s? Have you ever tried to play magbuild in no-cp? Even with 12,9k stam and 1200 recovery i can't sometimes keep up with that cost.
    Edited by Anyron on February 10, 2020 6:03AM
    Options
  • KillsAllElves
    KillsAllElves
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I'm saying is whatever is going on with the code this patch, is a version where CC's didn't have a Cooldown, so you had to either use a skill or drink a potion to get CC Immunity.. it made defending things more tactical It was removed in one of the many changes to make people harder to kill... but IMO, resulted in really hurting smaller group play and created total zerg or run away build play

Since you want to talk about the numbers game, it was the pvp development team who said it best 5 years ago- if youre outnumbered you deserve to die anyway.

Being CC'd 90% of the time is not pvp! Better strategies must be utilized but then again being outplayed is not a sufficient reason to remove cooldowns.

Cyrodiil was developed and marketed with large scale siege warfare in mind not for small groups nor for gankers and as a solo player i have no problem with that.
    Edited by KillsAllElves on February 10, 2020 6:24AM
    Options
  • juhislihis19
    juhislihis19
    ✭✭✭✭
    Instead of removing anything, ZOS should focus on:

1) Double CC's
    2) Snare immunity (non-existent at the moment)
    3) Snare removal (often doesn't work)

Has anyone had problems with Fear? Recently it has taken me 1-2s to break free from it. Much, much longer than a regular stun. Could be the lag though..
    Options
  • Luede
    Luede
    ✭✭✭✭✭

sometimes i wonder if people think about their suggestions for even a second...
    Options