The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

FYI - Imperial Race is not Account upgrade

Kurios
Kurios
Soul Shriven
To my surprise, after 2 days with support, what is listed as an "account" upgrade is not actually an account upgrade. If you purchase the imperial race you will have it only on the server (NA or EU) you were on at the time. This really should not be listed in the store as an "account" upgrade.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a general rule of thumb, content you buy with real money is applied to both servers. Content and items you buy with crowns is applied only to whichever server you bought it on.
  • CMDR_Un1k0rn
    CMDR_Un1k0rn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the both of you here. It's annoying for a new customer which I suspect the OP is. (Just about every long time player I know has the Imperial race and got at most, only weeks after starting, if not included in their initial purchase)

With that said the pattern is there to show that it'll be limited to one server.

I think ZOS should update the sales text, however.
    In-game username: Un1korn | Happy member of the PCNA UESP guild (Resident Daggerfall Covenant enjoyer) | Main & basically only character: Crucian Vulpin, Imperial Dragonknight of the Daggerfall Covenant, and Undaunted Bulwark (I tank) | If you know me from PCEU: No
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a general rule of thumb, content you buy with real money is applied to both servers. Content and items you buy with crowns is applied only to whichever server you bought it on.

That's right, but for the sake of being totally clear the distinction is where the item is unlocked, not how you pay for it. (Otherwise I'm sure someone will insist that purchases with crowns bought with real money should apply to both servers.) Anything bought within the game is only available on the server you were logged into at the time, anything bought or obtained outside of the game is applied to both servers but only one platform.

For example I have the Long-Winged Bat pet on both the NA and EU servers even though I didn't log into the NA server at all during the time it was awarded (and didn't pay for it), because it was applied to my account outside the game and therefore is truly account-wide, whereas pets bought in-game are only on one server.

Unfortunately there is no way to get the Imperial upgrade on both servers except to buy it twice.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • DocFrost72
    DocFrost72
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unfortunately there is no way to get the Imperial upgrade on both servers except to buy it twice.

Which is exactly why it is done this way.

I normally roll my eyes at the "ZO$" crowd, but this is one area I will not defend Zenimax. Account wide should mean that my account, which exists on both NA and EU, should have the same cosmetics and unlocks. CP/character load, naw don't do that. But if I buy a horse? The only reason it won't transfer is to get me to buy twice.

No.
    Edited by DocFrost72 on February 7, 2020 6:41PM
  • Brandathorbel
    Brandathorbel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if it says account upgrade and it doesnt upgrade the whole account its false advertising and against the law. it is that simple
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As Varanis said, anything you buy on a region is locked to the region. Buy outside the game and get on both.

Cheapest way is eBay. I got Imperial edition for a few quid. I also did same on a gold version of base game to get the early DLC on both
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP