Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Keeps Upgrading and Downgrading causes unnecessary load screens NA Ps4. And when keeps flip

Koolio
Koolio
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
As the title says. When keeps upgrade or downgrade I get a load screen every time. Yesterday I was in a keep by myself and got 3 load screens in 5 mins. Each one longer than the rest.

Can this be looked into.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very interesting, good catch koolio...

I've noticed those load screens around keeps but hadn't connected it to keep status change (other than when the flags flip)...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The other day it happened, everyone inside got snared for 10+ minutes even when i managed to fall down i just slowly descended like an angel 😂
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sometimes this happens back to back when Resources are continuously flipping. Load screen into load screens
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah to us too on Xbox. We get random load screens now all over the place.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    Incredibly annoying and causes a one sided loss or win in fights when a whole group freezes
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    It happens on PC frequently also.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has Zos taken notice of this? It probably affects all platforms. They realized and learned from one player that our guilds roster hindered the games performance unless you searched so only one name was showing. It had nothing to do with actually looking at the roster.
  • frostz417
    frostz417
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If zos didn’t implement that ridiculous feature where keeps downgrade we wouldn’t have this issue. But now we have to suffer because zos doesn’t fix their bugs nor do the address them. I also love how this load screen only affects the smaller group. Cannot tell you how many times I’m near a keep with my small group and we get the load screen only to be taken out of it with 50+ of the enemy just standing over us teabagging
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Has Zos taken notice of this? It probably affects all platforms. They realized and learned from one player that our guilds roster hindered the games performance unless you searched so only one name was showing. It had nothing to do with actually looking at the roster.

If I make a post regarding bugs it generally gets ignored
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Still a huge issue
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just got 3 load screen inside a keep with no one around but me.

Almost every time a keep flips 4 of my 6 man group gets caught in a load screen and dies.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm getting load screens in both PvE and PvP these days, so yes, keep "changes" often (usually?) trigger one, but the primary trigger is... POOR BLOODY GAME PEERFOMANCE!
  • SillyGT
    SillyGT
    ✭✭✭✭
    This needs to be fixed ASAP pvp near keeps us actually undoable. Causes everyone to freeze and hit a load screen in a area. Most keeps get defended because the attackers all hit loads screens.
  • illutian
    illutian
    ✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAP?! Is that why I get random load screens just standing on the wall???

((I'm on PC))
    You have to learn the rules of the game. And then you have to play better than anyone else.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    illutian wrote: »
    HOLY CRAP?! Is that why I get random load screens just standing on the wall???

((I'm on PC))

Yes.
  • ArgoCye
    ArgoCye
    ✭✭✭✭
    Can they just remove the stupid visual upgrades? From a battle POV extended parapets do nothing. I am entirely okay irrespective of what level the keep is, it looks the same. I mean, they don't change the appearance of resources when they upgrade. Just remove this and the loading screen problem, at least from this issue, is also removed.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually had a loadscream today when the game went from day to night. Whatever ZOS is doing, that are doing it wrong.
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, here we are OVER A YEAR LATER

I'm sorry but this was a terrible idea. It basically added a TON more load screens to PvP with minimal benefit from a gameplay standpoint.
    Keeps once again have Degrade turned back on. However, the degrade rate is much faster; a Keep can lose a resource level in about 5 minutes instead of an hour.

From: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/424230/pts-patch-notes-v4-1-0/p1
    Date: July 2018

Please revert this change. All it's done is multiply the load screens, at least on PS4, making the last year of PvP even more miserable than it needs to be.

Edited by dotme on February 6, 2020 3:45PM
    PS4NA
  • AMeanOne
    AMeanOne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it's a top priority for them... :D
  • Somers23
    Somers23
    ✭✭
    Pretty sure it's when you capture the mine resource