The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

How to make money?

Nic727
Nic727
✭✭✭✭
Hi,

I really need money to have bigger bag and more place in the bank, but with enemies dropping only 5-10 golds and selling items for 30-100 golds, it’s like impossible to get lot of money.

I did try to sell things in my guild in the past, but not sure it works...

Do you have any tips about making money in the game?

Thank you
  • RABIDxWOLVERINE
    RABIDxWOLVERINE
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do writs on as many characters as possible. Even lvl 1 writs net you about 4.5k. Im currently doing this on 8 characters and make about 40k a day.

I also have a master crafter and look for people who need gear. To get to a master crafter level takes time and energy but in the long run its worth it. Most people will tip you between 20-50k but it just depends. Yesterday I made 50k + my mats back just for making a 5 piece set of white Eternal Hunt set.

Join trading guilds and list 30 items in all. It really adds up. Im not sure what platform you are on but PC has master merchant and tamriel trade centre addons i think that help with pricing your items. Xbox has a website and app you can use that I have found mostly accurate. Just google eso xbox sales history and youll find it. Look your items up price accordingly and make gold. Ive made about 1.5 mil over the last few weeks and Im not great at selling things.

These are just a few ways that I have been earning gold but Im sure there are many many more.
    Rhaegar Gregorson, The Ebonheart Centurion - Imperial Dragonknight
    RABIDxWOLVERINE - Xbox One, NA, Ebonheart Pact

Loreseekers

BLOOD FOR THE PACT!
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you aren't, and can afford it, be a sub. The crafting bag alone is with the cost. Simply not having to do the inventory maintenance.

That all being said though too. Leveling it can be hard to make a lot of gold as you are training, repairing, and buying upgrades at time. Once you get to at least 50 and get set in gear the rewards become better.

Another thing I've always done. If you are crafting, decon or research off items that sell for less than 50g. Obviously that amount can be changed based on your level and what items are selling for. Then sell anything over 50g.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stealing and fencing is one of the best things to do to make money starting out.
    Selling desirable items on a guild trader for the right price.
    Daily crafting writs pay well.
    Also if you have access, kill the dragons in the elsweyr zones. Southern elsweyr is the better zone for killing dragons. The dragons drop treasure that will give you a nice chunk of coin from the vendor, gear which is decent to wear especially the afliq set, and you will get some things to sell on a guild trader as well such as blueprints, recipes, and alchemical ingredients that fetch a decent price last i checked. On top of that you can level up decently killing dragons.
  • Veinblood1965
    Veinblood1965
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Easiest thing I've done is this. Get the Blade of Woe asap, it's takes a few minutes. Then just assassinate everything you can when you can. Right before you log off go to Rawalkia and if you start by the shrine just assassinate everything you can without getting a bounty, and then KILL every NPC you can, then go to the INN there and do the same and loot everything in the Inn. There are also about 8 chests in town. Once your bounty gets to about 8,000 just log off for the night and the next day it will be gone.

Takes a few minutes and after you sell all your loot you can get about 10k per day and sometimes more if you get purple drops and items. You can also decon the junk stuff and sell those mats. I was poor for a long time and then started doing that and wasn't long will I had nice bank.
    Edited by Veinblood1965 on January 28, 2020 7:39PM
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Easiest thing I've done is this. Get the Blade of Woe asap, it's takes a few minutes. Then just assassinate everything you can when you can. Right before you log off go to Rawalkia and if you start by the shrine just assassinate everything you can without getting a bounty, and then KILL every NPC you can, then go to the INN there and do the same and loot everything in the Inn. There are also about 8 chests in town. Once your bounty gets to about 8,000 just log off for the night and the next day it will be gone.

Takes a few minutes and after you sell all your loot you can get about 10k per day and sometimes more if you get purple drops and items. You can also decon the junk stuff and sell those mats. I was poor for a long time and then started doing that and wasn't long will I had nice bank.

Disturbing...but effective I suppose lol
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Legerdemain, stealing and fencing is easiest. You dont need to level anything, just have one skill point to let you sell more. You can roll a bunch of alts, park them in Daggerfall near the ships by the Wayshrine, or in Orsinium. Either will give you tons of containers with little to no NPC oversite, so no bounty woes.

Once you have leveled some characters even Tier 1 Crafting writs can net you some good gold each day.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Aside from the suggestions above, another fast way is to run veteran trials. Get around 20K in Undaunted Plunder. As I know that's not for everyone, you can run delves and dungeons. Pick up lots of ornate pieces along with trash items to make it worthwhile.

If you are going with the thievery route, I found if you run the circuit from you apartment in Vivec City, through the inn, gank the NPCs along the way, then steal everything in the marketplace down below, you can fill your daily limit pretty quickly, even if you are picky and only steal green and above items.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This has been asked many times and the ways to make gold don't really change. I personally turn Tel Var into gold, but the PvPvE of Imperial City may not be your cup of tea and right now, during the event, isn't actually the best time. However, if you get gold motif pages they may still be worth something. Check here:

https://tamrieltradecentre.com/

The bread and butter for many are (gold) materials, whether those be obtained via crafting writs or by other means, such as fishing, playing for Tel Var in IC, and so on.

Having a guild with a trader in a good location, e.g. one of the bigger cities, is useful for turning things over quickly.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB
  • Grianasteri
    Grianasteri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nic727 wrote: »
    Hi,

I really need money to have bigger bag and more place in the bank, but with enemies dropping only 5-10 golds and selling items for 30-100 golds, it’s like impossible to get lot of money.

I did try to sell things in my guild in the past, but not sure it works...

Do you have any tips about making money in the game?

Thank you

One of the fastest and most efficient money making process is crafting writs. I imagine folk will suggest this. But personally I dont use this method.

Instead there are a few things you can do to pull in thousands of gold in a relatively short space of time.

Dungoeons will generally provide you with several thousand gold, via the rewards and the sold items you pick up. There are dungeons that can be blasted through in 10 mins, so that can be reasonably efficient.

However probably more efficient, is public delvs/dungeons. Many get confused about what these are. You do not queue, they are like large, "overland" delvs, with a lot of adds and bosses to kill, which respawn quickly. You can therefore spend time going around and around, killing adds and bossess and selling the gear they drop, quickly. Note that having a trader, or someone else with a trader, is kinda needed for this if you want to keep going well beyond what your inventory would allow.

Off the top of my head, I think I can make 5 - 10k gold in probably half an hour or something.

Also, any decent gear you get, you can put into a guild trader, that too can make you (and your guild) plenty of cash. Especially if the gear is something that is generally in demand.

Happy gaming :)
  • Artemiisia
    Artemiisia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    many of the dailies can drop motifs as well, like on gold coast, there are two dailies one for killing manticore and one to kill the arena boss, those have chance in dropping motifs, that can sell for gold easy, if you join a guild trader.

this is just one example, there are 100s of dailies around where there is chance in motif drops.

Every time a new dlc, chapter comes, the motifs that drop on those maps, is in high demand and can sometimes sell for 10k and up to like 1 million gold depending on rarity and difficulty of getting them.

The page of motifs has different demands also, like chest, staff page has higher gold price on them since they are like the first thing you see on people, and gloves, shoes sell for less

Also furniture recipes can sell for lots of gold as well, example when murkmire came out, I found a purple rarity level furniture recipe, I could sale for 1 million gold, since not a lot of people have access to that dlc at the time, so price went up

Edited by Artemiisia on February 7, 2020 11:09AM
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭

Sorry for the dumb question, but where is Rawalkia?

Oh well, it's Rawl'kha in Reaper's March. Pls forget it.
    Edited by fiender66 on February 7, 2020 11:31AM