Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

10 Improvements for RPers [Video]

TheHumanFloyd
TheHumanFloyd
✭✭✭
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIzZQ3u3qS4

Let me know below what you think ZoS could do for RPers!
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    Greets TheHumanFloyd,

I have enjoyed your videos showcasing RP within ESO and can only hope that you continue doing what you do.

I do apologize, as I am going to go off topic from the main topic, is it possible you can do a video or guide to teach newbie roleplayers (specifically narrators aka GMs) in how to create stories within an MMORPG, how to guide or approach other players while RPing within an MMO, and how to combine story elements in order to create a overarching story?
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • Selique
    Selique
    ✭✭✭✭
    Amazing video Floyd! As always! Hopefully ZoS likes it enough to put some of our requests to thought!
    Falls-With-Grace ~ Shadowscale (Argonian Night Blade)
    Selique Lasra ~ Captain, Smuggler, Swashbuckler (Redguard Templar)
    Chases-Comets ~ Shellback Warrior (Argonian Dragon Knight)
    Slissix-Kir ~ Swamp Shaman (Argonian Sorcerer)
    Hail Sithis..
  • TheHumanFloyd
    TheHumanFloyd
    ✭✭✭
    jarnkoldur wrote: »
    ... is it possible you can do a video or guide to teach newbie roleplayers (specifically narrators aka GMs) in how to create stories within an MMORPG, how to guide or approach other players while RPing within an MMO, and how to combine story elements in order to create a overarching story?

Hey Jarnkoldur! Thanks for watching my vids :)

Very soon (hopefully before March) I'm going to be releasing the final part of my RPing in MMOs: A Beginner's Guide series. This one will talk a little bit about creating stories and getting involved in plotlines.

However, I'm also planning to create a series called DMing in MMOs, in which I'll go into a lot more detail. No plans on when I'll be able to work on that one as of yet, but keep your eyes open!
  • jarnkoldur
    jarnkoldur
    ✭✭✭
    TheHumanFloyd (or Floyd as you offer the audience to call you),

I shall definitely keep a keen watch for any of these videos in the future. As being that there is a certain amount of difficulty in roleplaying on the console servers since they lack several attributes -which assist in promoting RP- located within the PC versions of ESO -such as ingame text chat- I hope you cover this in your videos. In fact if you can do a video which focuses primarily on the console versions of ESO I would be most appreciative.
    Edited by jarnkoldur on February 19, 2016 12:41AM
    "And when the truth finally dawns, it shall dawn in fire!"
  • Krist
    Krist
    ✭✭✭✭
    Very good suggestions.
    "Krist the Lionheart? No. Lionheart was my dog" -Krist
    "Darling, if looks were everything, I would be king of the world" -Luke
    "That place, between day and night, that purple color just before dark, that is where you will find me"- Hughe
  • LordSylvestrion
    Yes! Yes please, yes.
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder how many of these features have been implemented ... anyone know if you can RP FLAG?
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Character description window add-on would be nice
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Character description window add-on would be nice

Found 2 of them

In-Character - Role Play Addon

EsoRP - Communicative roleplay addon

@Iccotak
    Edited by WiseSky on February 7, 2020 4:15AM
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons