The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Reminder to add-on creators

DragonMind1st
DragonMind1st
✭✭
This is a reminder and plea to all you that make add-ons:
Please will you update your creations, even with 'Use Outdated add-ons' (or what it is called) I got majority of my add-ons not working.
Been that way for something like 3-4 weeks now.

Here is a list of the add-ons I use that do NOTwork, for your reference:
HarvestMap (most recent version I can find 3.13.14)
Lorebooks (most recent version I can find 17)
Skyshards (most recent version I can find 10.17)
LostTreasure (most recent version I can find 7.03, actually super valuable to be able to have the map show while you look over the landscape to spot the place)

Here are the add-ons that still work, and a great thanks to the creators and whom keep them updated:
*** (The Elder Bar)
Azurah
  • WiseSky
    WiseSky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All of those addon work for me.
    Immersive Quests Addon
    Wish to Quest without Quest Way Markers? ''Talk to the Hooded Figure'' Turns into ''Talk to the Hooded Figure, who is feeding the chickens near the southeastern gate in the city of Daggerfall in Glenumbra.'' If you Wish To write bread crumbs clues for quest for other players to experience come join the team!
    List of Immersion Addons
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    may just be a case of updated the .Lib dependencies
  • Raisin
    Raisin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    All of the add-ons you listed work fine for me as well. Do they give you a syntax error, so you/we can maybe figure out what the issue is?

Edit: Except HarvestMap, don't use it.
    Edited by Raisin on February 4, 2020 6:42AM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is the first place I would look, Make sure the libs and actual addons are the current version available from ESOUI.
  • DragonMind1st
    DragonMind1st
    ✭✭
    Raisin wrote: »
    All of the add-ons you listed work fine for me as well. Do they give you a syntax error, so you/we can maybe figure out what the issue is?

Edit: Except HarvestMap, don't use it.
    No error, they just don't work.
    idk wrote: »

This is the first place I would look, Make sure the libs and actual addons are the current version available from ESOUI.
    I have looked for update to dependencies as well, though on the page I usually get them, it is stated that they are worked into ESO and if the devs of the mods don't change the mod code to be ...eh, independent ...then it's just bad luck for you.
    (more or less, maybe not with that word choice I used)
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Harvest Map is working fine for me. As for the others, I just consolidate them all into the map pins addon.

If you don't have any dependencies, perhaps you have an addon conflict causing the error? From the responses here it appears that problem isn't on the author side so appealing them to update something that isn't causing errors (except to you) is probably not the fix that's needed.
  • DragonMind1st
    DragonMind1st
    ✭✭
    Harvest Map is working fine for me. As for the others, I just consolidate them all into the map pins addon.

If you don't have any dependencies, perhaps you have an addon conflict causing the error? From the responses here it appears that problem isn't on the author side so appealing them to update something that isn't causing errors (except to you) is probably not the fix that's needed.

Likely not a conflict since it worked fine before the patch that made them not work.
    ...I guess I just have to do things the old school way, before the mods what created.

Thanks for all the feedback on my post (this is to everyone that made a post to me before this one).
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, i got all those addons too and they work for me as well. The only one that doesn't work for the most part is Quest Map and the creator for that has been AFK since September and is aware it's really outdated. Outside of that I cant think of any other that might be too outdated.
    ┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • Baertram
    Baertram
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AddOns not working can have 2 reasons:
    -You did not check the dependencies (clic kthe addon, expand it, read below it the dependencies needed and install them just like addons to your live/AddOns folder or via Minion -> Easy to update if instaleld via Mionion).
    -Your antivirus or windows defneder is blocking access to the folder where the file AddOnSettings.txt is stored -> Normally this is c:\users\your windows username\documents\elder scrolls online\live

Make sure to whitelist this folder for antivirus and anti-whatever tools you are using (Windows Defnender e.g.) so it can be read and written from/to properly.
    Start ESO with admin rights! Search for eso64.exe and right click it -> properties -> compatibilities -> start as admin