Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

When and how to open Rewards of the Worthy emails?

FrancisCrawford
FrancisCrawford
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭
This event has been the first time I've PvPed enough to receive large numbers of Rewards of the Worthy emails. Some issues arise.

1. As with any other reward containers holding gear, you probably want to open them with a max level character.

2. It is said that your first Rewards of the Worthy of the day will include a geode with transmutation crystals. (It's a gold geode with at least 4 crystals.) Is this the first such email you RECEIVE or the first such email you OPEN? I used to think it was the latter, but I just got two such geodes opening mail today.

3. Do the email ever expired and lose their attachments? I suspect that the answer is yes, in the usual 30 days, despite some contraindications to that in the UI.

4. Pelinal's Boon Boxes, which have been sent along with the usual container in such emails for this event, sometimes yield a siege engine or forward camp. Are these tied to the alliance of the character who OPENS the email or the one who EARNS it? I think it's the former, but I haven't checked carefully.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    All mail has a 30day sit time, i would suggest opening 1 per day for the gold transmute node
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. True, but most of the sets in ROTW are low value so I don't mind opening some on low levels sometimes (like now to get the achievement for getting pelinal boxes).
    2. The first mail you open, per day, per account, will have a guaranteed 4-25 geode. Additional mails have a chance for a geode but not a guarantee.
    3. ROTW mails show a 30day expiration but if you look closely, it never counts down. They don't expire.
    4. Character who opens it. I earned all of my midyear boxes on DC, but when I opened one with my AD crafter, I got a Dominion cold fire siege.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kringled_1 wrote: »
    3. ROTW mails show a 30day expiration but if you look closely, it never counts down. They don't expire.

I think I've had attachments to ZoS mails expire (probably from a preorder set of bonus), even though the mail itself never does. Am I misremembering?
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll check on some year old mails with Elsweyr CE maps when I get home tonight.
    Update: I have mails that are 17 months old that still have their items attached. If the timer says Expires in 30 days, and it never starts counting down (29, 28,...) it won't expire.
    Edited by kringled_1 on February 5, 2020 2:38AM
  • witchdoctor
    witchdoctor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Collect ROTW mails on one CP160+ toon.
    2. Open one each day to GUARANTEE a transmute geode.
    3. Open more for a CHANCE to get another.
    4. Profit!
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every 1-3 days. Its nice to level craft alts with the decon.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    mague wrote: »
    Every 1-3 days. Its nice to level craft alts with the decon.

I made an 18th character last weekend, but before then everybody I had was already leveled to 50 in all crafts (except for 2 jewelers and some provisioners). :) My non-jewelry breakdown items for a while were getting mailed to my wife.

But yeah -- if your point is that Rewards of the Worthy commonly gives a blue breakdown item, I'm not arguing.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    3. Open more for a CHANCE to get another.

That could easily explain my confusing data point. Thanks!
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The consistency is getting even worse. I just opened my first Rewards for the Worthy mail in many hours, and certainly since 1:00 am Eastern, and got no geode.
  • mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The consistency is getting even worse. I just opened my first Rewards for the Worthy mail in many hours, and certainly since 1:00 am Eastern, and got no geode.

I dont care much, but i think geode come from successful events like a siege.
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Guaranteed geodes are on a 20 hour timer, not the daily reset timer. Sorry for not making that clear earlier.
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Guaranteed geodes are on a 20 hour timer, not the daily reset timer. Sorry for not making that clear earlier.

Thanks! I'll try to work with that. :)
  • FrancisCrawford
    FrancisCrawford
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

And indeed, I just got a geode. :)