The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Worse than ever

Talyndor
Talyndor
✭✭✭
I was in no less than four BG's today with just one other player against teams of four.
Isn't it time for you to just eliminate these?
Clearly no one has the ability to balance a BG fairly so that all players can enjoy it.
This is no longer a joke.
  • darthgummibear_ESO
    darthgummibear_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agreed. This doesn't even take into account the desync issues, abilities not firing, break free not working, etc. I could understand if they had some balance issues, but the entire pvp system is simply no longer functional. I'd say on average the matches where it's actually 4/4/4 where everything works the way it's supposed to is MAYBE 1 out of 5. This is not even remotely acceptable.
  • Dreddnawt
    Dreddnawt
    ✭✭✭
    Talyndor wrote: »
    I was in no less than four BG's today with just one other player against teams of four.
    Isn't it time for you to just eliminate these?
    Clearly no one has the ability to balance a BG fairly so that all players can enjoy it.
    This is no longer a joke.

1000% agree. BG matchmaking is so F^ing broken its disgusting. Cant tell you how many times ive ended up on the "short" team with only 1-2 others while the enemy teams are full. The moment they realize your team is handicapped by the POS F^ed Up queue they WILL focus your team and decimate you. Then its 8v2 instead of 4v4v4. And best part is that if YOU are on the gimped team and quit the match because youre alone, YOU get punished with the queue ban for leaving the match.

Truly screwed up part is the 45 second wait time prior to the barriers going down. Is this time NOT supposed to be for allowing teams to fill properly and give those players loading in time to finish zoning? Why does this not work? Why does the match timer even start with nerfed teams?

IF ANY BG TEAMS ARE SHORT AT THE START OF THE MATCH THEN THE MATCH SHOULD NOT START!!! Dont kick everyone from the BG, the matchmaker should simply fill all team slots BEFORE the match begins. We have this functionality in the DG group finder (can queue for replacement any time), no reason not to implement it in BGs.

PS. Also a bit of team balance in matchmaking to even things out based on individual Alliance War Rank and player cp level could help a lot too. When the top three max cp and highest pvp ranked in the match are all on the same team.... guess who wins?
    Dreddnawt - Orsimer Aedric Crusader
    Alexstrasza Drogon - Imperial Infernal Dragon
    Daggerfall Covenant

TESO / PC / NA Server
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dreddnawt wrote: »
    When the top three max cp and highest pvp ranked in the match are all on the same team.... guess who wins?

The best group of players. Alliance rank means nothing other than how much time you spend collecting AP. Splitting teams up based on Alliance rank would be a horrible idea. Also CP doesn't work in BGs, you can be CP810 or CP160 and have the same stats.

XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I'm matched with only one other player on my team, versus two four man teams, I just lay low for awhile, trying to feed the other teams.

About 50% of the time, my team will get filled in 3 to 5 mins.
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”