Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

(Suggestion) Reduce the cost of respec

Jorvalt
Jorvalt
A lot of what people like about this game is the fact that you can play the game any way you want, whatever suits your play style. You can choose what abilities sound useful to you and there's no clear-cut most optimal build for any given role. Unfortunately, because of the fact that respecing costs so much, and the fact that you have to reset all your skills instead of just being able to refund skill points for individual ones, most people will instead use what others have created and tested so they don't have to spend all of that money respecing whenever they test a build and it doesn't work. This sort of defeats the whole point of the "build your character how you want it" idea. My suggestion is to make players able to refund the skill point(s) for an individual ability, rather than being forced to refund the whole thing (but maybe have them able to refund all of their skills at possibly a discounted price). The least they could do is just reduce the cost of respecing, or make it free (which is a bit of a stretch, I know, just putting it out there). I hope this suggestion is given some careful thought and consideration.

Side note: I'm not too concerned about the price of resetting attribute points. It's still 100 gold per point, but that's not too much considering the max amount of points is 49 at level 50, which is 4900 gold, so big whoop.
  • Armitas
    Armitas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep we either have those that go for a cookie cutter build to avoid the respec cost, or we have those who can't make an informed decision about the morphs because they cannot test them out and see how they work outside the tool tip.

Sure there are descriptions on the morphs, but they don't give you key points of information such as how rare the situation that burning embers gives out a heal.

We need to be able to test these morphs out, figure out for ourselves what is best for us. Currently these prices are to crippling to afford those tests. I agree with the intent of the price, to make the morphs more static, but the price is superfluous to that intent and inhibiting personal development.

A few other solutions.
    1) Let us refund by skill line...For example resetting all the skills under 2 handed, or Ardent Flame for a reduced cost.
    2) Give us a training ground where we test the morphs for free.
    3) Have the respec price scale up after each respec to a cap cost.
    Edited by Armitas on April 17, 2014 6:07PM
    Retired.
    Nord mDK
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A few other options I would like:

1). One free full skill respec per character when you reach Level 25. After that first free respec, the 100 gold/skill point kicks in. By Level 25 you should have a good feel for how you want to play the character and this will give you a chance to undo early mistakes.
    2). A 24-hour grace period when using a skill point. Spend a play period using your new skill. Don't like it? You can back it out and get that skill point back.
    3). Respec a single skill line (Dawn's Wrath, Dual Wield, Medium Armor, whatever) for 300 gold/skill point. 3x higher per skill point price, but still cheaper than a full respec if it is only one or two skill trees you feel you have messed up.
  • Tai
    Tai
    ✭✭
    Respec a single still line spending a bit more would be awesome.
    Another idea would be to have a "commit points" icon at the end of the respeccing process, so that you can avoid mistakes.
  • Pyatra
    Pyatra
    ✭✭✭
    I've respected 2 times now... still have tons of gold and skill points. After level 30 unless I decide to change my crafting SP, instead of a respec I just go get another skill point.
  • Tai
    Tai
    ✭✭
    Pyatra wrote: »
    I've respected 2 times now... still have tons of gold and skill points. After level 30 unless I decide to change my crafting SP, instead of a respec I just go get another skill point.

Indeed, i am not complaining about never having enough skill points, i am just saying that i would prefer to reallocate 30, instead of 300. :)
    Edited by Tai on April 18, 2014 1:21PM
  • ValyrianStormborn
    I Agree i used all my Light,Medium,Staff's and Enchantments to Level Cloth,Woodwork and Enchanting so i lost perhaps more then 30% of the gold i could have made from all the drops and to have perhaps 70k on Both my characters once i hit Vet 1 may sound like a nice bit of gold but when it cost's near 10k gold just to respec and another 5k to change Attribute points it adds up big time

-The Idea of a training grounds to test Morphs and other skills sounds good.
    - Bank Space Price also needs to be lowered, when you have 2 Characters collecting Materials from 3 different Crafting Skills you run outa space quick!.