The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Dwarven documents

ermenaa
ermenaa
✭✭✭
As we all know dwarven furniture designs are very very rare. We already got Alinor, Murkmire, Hlaalu and clockwork documents purchased with wrights tokens. Would be great if we can have dwarven designs in documents with wrights tokens. The designs we have on market are so few and their price is insane - 500k+ very often passing 1 mil. gold. I hope more people agree with me and my request will be taken for consideration.
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah you mean an extra furnishing recipe envelope for the master writs grumpy elf?

Yes. This one thinks we could all say that this would be a thing of benefit.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    May I chime in with repeating my request for the green Murkmire designs also being added to the very sophisticated Dunmer's selection of furnishing envelopes? They are offered for similarly high prices at the guild kiosks, starting at 100k but often being much more expensive. Amounts which seem especially horrendous when compared to the prices of the blue and purple designs from that region, which are much cheaper.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Several players have requested this, so you're not alone!

Originally, when they introduced the Morrowind furnishing documents on PTS, they contained the Dwarven and Daedric plans. Players asked them to remove the Daedric ones, since paying 50 vouchers to get a plan they could only sell for a pittance was very undesirable. However, they also removed the Dwarven plans. Some had asked for them to be removed, since it would naturally narrow-down the loot pool, which is pretty large as it is. However, some of us still wanted them to remain, considering how rare they are as drops.

Thus, there have been requests in the past for Dwarven documents, and I had been thinking about posting this request in the PTS feedback thread for housing. My idea (though I think someone else came up with this previously) is an Ancient Races document, which would include both Ayleid and Dwarven purple/blue plans (similar to CWC and Murkmire), but could cost 60 instead of 30 vouchers, considering the rarity of the plans.
  • Jaraal
    Jaraal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the unpopular viewpoint and disagree. There needs to be a few ultra rare "holy grail" type furnishing plans that aren't part of the writ voucher lottery.

It may be frustrating to some to not have complete blueprint collections, but there are enough concessions to actual hard work as it is. Consider fishing, for example. You used to have to actually figure out what type of hole you were at and the best bait to use. Then they made it easy by adding a special drink that not only lit up the fishing holes for you, but told you what type of hole it was. And later, they dumbed it down so much that anybody can walk up to a body of water and know everything they need to know about it with absolutely zero effort. It would not surprise me one bit if they eventually add the rare fish, perfect roe, and everything else that was once challenging about fishing and put it on some sort of writ voucher lottery as well.

So, no. Make some rare stuff actually require some footwork and still be exciting to acquire.
    RIP Bosmer Nation. 4/4/14 - 2/25/19.
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    When the game was still very new, I had a treasure map that I just couldn't find. So, in the end, I asked in one of my guilds if someone could give me a hint - not a solution, just a sort of riddle to help me along. You can of course guess the answer I was given: I was kindly directed to a website showing the exact spot of my burried treasure - which wasn't at all what I wanted.

So I can understand the joy of figuring things out by oneself or the old-school approach of sticking a post-it with the fish-bait combination to one's desk. What I didn't like about fishing "back in the day" was that some fishing holes seemed to be one type and turned out something completely different. In the Pre-Murkmire days when the common garden worm was one of the more expensive commodities, this was plain frustrating. So I am actually glad the holes now state what they are - though admittedly an optical effect would have been more classy.

In the same spirit I am all for the odd and rare object shrouded in mystery (Say, magic cheese for example? ) and tricky to obtain - I just don't think, that it should be a simple wooden bowl, a pipe or garden worm.
  • kind_hero
    kind_hero
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, it is annoying, but I do not see a problem.

The problem is with the very limited number of furnishings compared with the assets we see in the game. I don't feel the urge to own each blueprint, I am fine if there are just a few people that can craft an item, but that item is usable. Sure, I mean that items which are special should be rare and hard to craft, not building blocks or stuff like the dwemer bench.
    [PC/EU] Tamriel Hero, Stormproof, Grand Master Crafter
  • WolfStar07
    WolfStar07
    ✭✭✭
    Jaraal wrote: »
    It may be frustrating to some to not have complete blueprint collections, but there are enough concessions to actual hard work as it is. Consider fishing, for example. You used to have to actually figure out what type of hole you were at and the best bait to use. Then they made it easy by adding a special drink that not only lit up the fishing holes for you, but told you what type of hole it was. And later, they dumbed it down so much that anybody can walk up to a body of water and know everything they need to know about it with absolutely zero effort. It would not surprise me one bit if they eventually add the rare fish, perfect roe, and everything else that was once challenging about fishing and put it on some sort of writ voucher lottery as well.

I mean, it's not like a large number of pc players were using addons to tell them all that info while console players were locked out. Oh wait...
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll take the unpopular viewpoint and disagree. There needs to be a few ultra rare "holy grail" type furnishing plans that aren't part of the writ voucher lottery.

So, no. Make some rare stuff actually require some footwork and still be exciting to acquire.

It's not difficult content, it's just a grind coupled with RNG. Why should these furnishing plans be so rare? What justification is there other than the players that get lucky to loot one and then sell it for millions. And this isn't the same as fishing, which was an activity in game. This is nothing more than fighting the same enemies in the same locations over and over again until you get lucky.

I believe that the furnishing plans that only drop in DLC dungeons should remain as drops only. There's your difficult to obtain plans right there. I looted my first ever purple Dwarven plan ever from a Dwarven urn in the Hollow City - hardly difficult content or a difficult activity.

Rare plans associated with difficult content, ala dungeons, yes. But Dwarven should have a more reliable way to get them after 3+ years.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on February 3, 2020 10:07PM
  • ermenaa
    ermenaa
    ✭✭✭
    @Jaraal, Hi! I respect everybody's opinion but fishing example is quite offtopic. Every game changes its content, sooner or later old content gets nerfed. Its still hard work to get fishing achievement but you can complete a fishing map in 2-3 days. While grinding 3 months over 50 hours and not to drop even one purple dwarven blueprint... its insane. Or Devs have to increase a bit the drop rate or make the plans somehow more accessible, otherwise the plans will become extinct. Considering that so many blueprints were introduced to writ voucher lottery why only Dwarven left behind?

• spartaxoxo
    spartaxoxo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll take the unpopular viewpoint and disagree. There needs to be a few ultra rare "holy grail" type furnishing plans that aren't part of the writ voucher lottery..

Lazy busywork isn't fun, consumer friendly, or challenging. It's mindless worship at the altar of pseudo work to claim Dwarven is any of those things. It's also extremely stupid to claim this doesn't gate content behind challenges, when almost all of the truly endgame content is challenging with extremely low levels of completion.
    Edited by spartaxoxo on February 4, 2020 9:12AM
  • Anska
    Anska
    ✭✭✭
    And it's not like the 60 vouchers @Jayne_Doe suggest above float into your pocket on their own. To earn vouchers you first have to level up a profession, unlock traits, collect mats and learn styles/ recipes / runestone-readings. Of course this seems like nothing if you have maxed all professions long ago and have a bank full of material at your disposal. But if you look back to a time, when you were just starting out .... don't tell me collecting vouchers is less work than fishing.