Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Please Make The Alliance Banner Emotes Actually Resemble The Actual Alliance Banners As Marketed.

Volsers
Volsers
✭✭✭
Just got the alliance banner emote reward from the midyear mayhem, a reward that I was actually excited about, and wow, when I try it out the banner showed looks nothing like an Aldmeri Domion banner as described. I can feel no connection to this banner at all. The description/marketing of this banner was incredibly misleading as it is even called "Aldmeri Dominion Banner" and shows a picture of the actual Aldmeri dominion banner in the collections menu, same goes for the others so called alliance banners.

Please make the alliance banner emotes actually resemble the actual alliance banners as marketed, I honestly DON'T THINK that anyone who bought this would object.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's weird huh.

I used event tickets day one and thought it was that, nope mate did the emblems and same.

What a terrible idea. :(
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • LanteanPegasus
    LanteanPegasus
    ✭✭✭✭
    I agree !
    They wrote something along the lines of "Proudly fly the banner of your alliance !" - and what do I get ? Some nicely coloured drapes on a stick.
    That's really disappointing. (And I'm not even a PvPer, but I like the design of the alliance emblems, and was looking forward to my silver lion on blue !)

Edit:
    Ah, right, it said "Make sure to use it on a character of the Alliance whose banner you want to hold high!". A "somewhat blueish cloth" is not the banner of the Daggerfall Covenant.
    Edited by LanteanPegasus on January 31, 2020 11:15PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    also make a legion zero banner, keep the red banner currently used for ep butas a separate banner for legion zero
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Agree. And since some people actually like the Legion Zero Banner, make a /bannerlegionzero as well and just issue it to everyone.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They are offering refunds for those who bought the banners with tickets (if you don’t want it and would rather your tickets back), so I think that means they won’t be changing the banner itself.
  • Throxx
    Throxx
    ✭✭✭
    Source?
  • Volsers
    Volsers
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm, It is nice that they are refunding the event tickets at least, but I don't really care, I would much rather just have the actual alliance banner I was looking forward to get and use.
  • xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually I’d ask that they leave the current item alone
    And create a New item that IS an
    Alliance Banner
    This new Emote should be given out as a Daily Reward
  • Nic727
    Nic727
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don’t have enough emblems to buy the emote. Look like I’m not missing something cool...
  • Jenzi
    Jenzi
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, I am extremely disappointed. Colouring the same bit of cloth yellow, red and blue is nowhere near the same as having your Alliance emblem waving.
  • Volsers
    Volsers
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance Banner

I am fine with this. I still think however that the banners should be changed to the actual alliance banners and the legion zero banners we have now should be the ones put in the daily rewards, but whatever... as long as the actual alliance banners is not put in the crown store lol.
  • ArchangelIsraphel
    ArchangelIsraphel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Alliance Banner

Agreed. I'd rather not have the banners I worked for changed, because I got them specifically FOR the legion zero appearance that looked different (and in my opinion, more appealing) than the alliance symbols that are already everywhere and all over everything.

I'd also personally like banners that hang in your home with each of the alliance colors and the legion zero symbol on them. (Hoping the person who made the banners sees this at some point so that they realize not everyone hates the banners.)
    Legends never die
    They're written down in eternity
    But you'll never see the price it costs
    The scars collected all their lives
    When everything's lost, they pick up their hearts and avenge defeat
    Before it all starts, they suffer through harm just to touch a dream
    Oh, pick yourself up, 'cause
    Legends never die