The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

PVPers who play in Kaalgrontiid (Faction-locked, 30-day CP Campaign)

• Ranger209
    Ranger209
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Iskiab wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I think it’s hilarious people actually think which ones first on the list matters.

Maybe new players will choose one randomly, but pvpers obviously already have a preference.

It's very funny huh.

It's the anti lock tribe who simply can't not beleive they are wrong even 6 months later.

Proper denial

There’s zero chance the majority will choose the unlocked campaign.

I went to the unlocked CP campaign the other day. I saw some guy from my faction grab the scroll from a keep and run it to his friends on EP. Then I remembered why unlocked campaigns don’t work.

Sure there are lots of people who want to hop back and forth between factions to hop on a winning side, but why not just get good and play in a way that lets your faction win instead of riding coattails?

I see that all the time in Kaal, too. It's incredibly easy to create a "spy" account. You can find copies of the base game for sub-$5 if you look around a bit, and all of Cyrodiil is open to a base game account. A single double XP event is easily enough to get a spy character levelled and geared up and good to go, and then back to "friendly" enemy groups and scroll-swapping it all goes.

I find it genuinely odd that so many people feel as though this has been dramatically improved by faction locking, when that simply hasn't been my experience at all. I'm wondering if I'm A.) missing something, B.) people are seeing it because that's what they want to see or C.) maybe some combination of the two.
    what's your play time in Kaal NA?

Yes, curious as well, and platform. Are you on NA or EU?
    Edited by Ranger209 on February 2, 2020 2:52PM
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Davadin wrote: »
    Beardimus wrote: »
    I think it’s hilarious people actually think which ones first on the list matters.

Maybe new players will choose one randomly, but pvpers obviously already have a preference.

It's very funny huh.

It's the anti lock tribe who simply can't not beleive they are wrong even 6 months later.

Proper denial

There’s zero chance the majority will choose the unlocked campaign.

I went to the unlocked CP campaign the other day. I saw some guy from my faction grab the scroll from a keep and run it to his friends on EP. Then I remembered why unlocked campaigns don’t work.

Sure there are lots of people who want to hop back and forth between factions to hop on a winning side, but why not just get good and play in a way that lets your faction win instead of riding coattails?

I see that all the time in Kaal, too. It's incredibly easy to create a "spy" account. You can find copies of the base game for sub-$5 if you look around a bit, and all of Cyrodiil is open to a base game account. A single double XP event is easily enough to get a spy character levelled and geared up and good to go, and then back to "friendly" enemy groups and scroll-swapping it all goes.

I find it genuinely odd that so many people feel as though this has been dramatically improved by faction locking, when that simply hasn't been my experience at all. I'm wondering if I'm A.) missing something, B.) people are seeing it because that's what they want to see or C.) maybe some combination of the two.
    what's your play time in Kaal NA?

Been playing there since the start. Play a bit during the week, but play there on the weekends, mostly. I run one of my guilds' PvP event, so a good few hours of organized play during primetime every week. I also played quite a bit pre-faction lock. PC/NA.

But seriously, it strikes me as more of a placebo effect than anything. I legitimately have not noticed any significant difference in the amount of two enemy alliances cooperating with each other, scroll trading, etc. Especially since they don't even need a second account - they can just have some of their friends go one alliance one campaign, others go to another campaign, etc. If the goal is to game the system, playing in the same Alliance with all of their friends every campaign isn't really the objective anyway, so Alliance locking isn't really much of a deterrent.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on February 3, 2020 7:28AM
  • biminirwb17_ESO
    biminirwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Much of the crap happens in the wee hours of the night when all factions are 1-2 bars, if you play during prime times you probably miss a lot of the weird things that go on.

• XxMissAlycexX
    XxMissAlycexX
    ✭✭✭
    Ive personally always played in the 30 Day. Faction lock is balls tho.

Sever population or having flexibility to play cross alliance was somewhat important for me.

Im on at weird times in comparison to most as im in Australia
    XxMissAlycexX - Xbox One - NA