Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Midyear Mayhem - I don't think it has the desired effect

• doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A successful keep defense not only gets you more AP, by a lot, but it’s loads more fun than taking empty keeps.
    It’s especially awesome when you’re one of just a handful of defenders, get mowed over, then watch as the player who is currently frantically teabagging your corpse gets smooshed when they don’t notice the reinforcements coming in. That was the best thing ever.
  • Hurbster
    Hurbster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not tried it this year, but then I have no more characters that need caltrops or vigour.
    So they raised the floor and lowered the ceiling. Except the ceiling has spikes in it now and the floor is also lava.
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

All I DO know is that whether you call it a tick or a defense bonus, I got 307,000 in one go.

Sounds like BS to me. I've been involved in defending against 2 other faction zergs at Aleswell for an hour plus, and even those sorts of epic fights rarely net you any more than 50K for a d tick.
  • Austacker
    Austacker
    ✭✭✭✭
    This Midyear mayhem is the usual utter garbage and really does nothing but painfully highlight how BAD PvP in this game really is.
    • I can't begin to count how many times I've started BGs with less than 4 players on my team but other teams have full teams from the get go
    • I can't begin to count how many times I've come up against pre-mades when I'm queuing solo.
    • I can't begin to relay how terrible the rewards are for this event and how SLOW the Alliance grind is.

It's honestly NOT WORTH THE EFFORT AT ALL to do PvP this event.

I mean PvP in ESO is straight up not fun anyway (unless you're a meta abusing OP DPS).

GOOD LUCK to anyone grinding out the 500k AP this weekend for a single ring for PvP. LOL!

Seriously ZOS, WHAT WERE YOU EVEN THINKING that this would be a 'fun' and 'inclusive' event.

Do you HONESTLY believe you're going to get new players to the game have them actually want to stay?

Urgh. ZOS honestly has no idea. PvP in this game is a train wreck.

Sooner this event is over, the better.

• olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tankmeta is raging on like never before, no end in sight. Tankmeta is killing morale by the minute :dizzy:

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Either way, pvdoor is not in the spirit of Cyro. Fighting other people is. After all, it’s PLAYER versus PLAYER.

This I have to agree with. Otherwise Cyrodiil would genuinely get boring fast even if you were cycling keeps as a PvE person. You'd be doing exactly the same thing over and over. Definitely ZOS would stop the gravy train if there weren't enough actual PvP going on.
    What actually ruins Cyrodiil is griefers who don't even want to PvP in the Cyrodiil story of capturing assets.
    As well as having a slow horse.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 2, 2020 3:10AM
  • Rave the Histborn
    Rave the Histborn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    akl77 wrote: »
    It’s not even midyear, why does the event called midyear mayhem, a fail from the start.

2019 was the year of ENDLESS "SPECIAL" EVENTS for tickets. Which without any explanation from ZO curiously began with "Midyear" Mayhem.

https://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Midyear_Mayhem

I think they're basically just desperate for players to pvp and also trials. Evident in ZO cramming pvp into the Jester's Festival achievements. And trials into the Witches Festival.
    That is ABSOLUTELY not true. Once, I was in a huge fight. Lasted WAY longer than I thought it would. All factions were involved. I was like “I’m gonna pop an invisible pot and hop off the wall! Screw this!”

But I was killing so many people. Kiting around columns, running around towers. 307,000 defense tick when it was all said and done. A few months ago....

Everything I said was ABSO-BLEEPING-LUTELY TRUE!!!!!!

There is no defence "tick".

There is a defence bonus which only applies after you successfully end an attack. A single player only needs to keep an attack going for a short time to make attempting to defend any structure a total waste of AP.

The smartest thing to do is capture and abandon.

Allow other factions to capture and abandon.

Then you can capture and abandon again.

Today a few enemy players managed to stick around in a captured castle. Took quite a lot of players about 5-10 minutes to track them down and kill them.

Defence bonus = less than 1000 AP.

In that same amount of time we could have effortlessly captured at least 2 or 3 resources for 3600 AP each.

A castle at about 16k AP doesn't take much longer to capture, if undefended. Which nearly all are.

This math is not hard.

The reason people dont really do that is ZoS actually takes that very seriously and will ban you for that.
  • zvavi
    zvavi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idk, i am mainly pve player, and this event i grinded 1.5m ap, got two of my tanks to lvl 9 support/assault for the mag regen, finally got myself my first pvp setup on my main (was running pvp in pve gear till today), and had great time doing so. So saying the event is bullcrap and and doesnt have the desired effect is incorrect i think.