The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Changing the combat in ESO

Somber97866
Somber97866
✭✭✭✭✭
Does anybody else feel like this is a bad idea?
With some of the changes that have been made that seemed to me very unpopular do you all think that this is a good idea?
Do you all think that they have would it take the change the present combat to something else and be just as successful?
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think a lot of people disagree. Personally I think we need to see how things are at the end. If Zos is able to better manage the game than they did in the first 5 years then this is a good thing. If they continue to struggle managing combat as they have been then it would seem to be a waste.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS has told us they have "a plan" for combat and we are not privy just yet to the end goal of that plan, so the changes being made seem rash and without purpose but in the end i feel it will all make sense, there is alot coming both good and bad for all of us, we just need to be patient and ride the storm out, i strongly believe we are headed in a direction for the better
    Edited by Alienoutlaw on January 31, 2020 5:43AM
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the problem that I have is it shouldn't be a storm. Every set of changes shouldn't feel like you just rolled out of hurricane or tornado.
    Then you rebuild your mobile home just for them to come back and tell you that it was all just a dream that it never happened oh but by the way all the money you spent to rebuild your mobile home you don't get back.
    Ppl go out and spend days getting resources so ZOS can decide they are going to spend those resources on.........there little crusade of "Make the world fair again!" And in a way that's counterproductive for the most part.
    They add the forums and they put up a pts to get feedback, had the dedicated fans to participate in both and it's taken more than what? 5 years?
    I'm going to tell everyone straight up that I love the game these wonderful people have created. Out of the three and a half years that I played this game I've played a total of 365 full days! That's like 7 hours a day for the past 3.5 years. But the management, in my opinion, has left something to be desired.
    Would I want other people to manage this game? Not no but " H*LL NO!". Do I think that they could do a better job? Yes. The sledgehammer mentality has got to go.
    Messing with the combat system and playstyle might be going a little too far! Now if they leave the playstyle alone we might be okay. But if they use the sledgehammer mentality to construct a entirely new combat system I believe they're going to finally kill the game.
  • SpacemanSpiff1
    SpacemanSpiff1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    depends on how it turns out. with how many mis-steps there have been so far in the name of "balancing" i am not confident.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s another ongoing discussion thread on this topic, @Somber97866 ... located here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/509515/rich-lambert-announced-a-new-combat-system/p1
  • Somber97866
    Somber97866
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The necromancer class has been out for what like 4 to 6 months already? How bugged out is it?
    I guess nobody wants to comment because they know that ZOS is going to do it anyway no matter what we say here.
  • Maxx7410
    Maxx7410
    ✭✭✭✭
    nobody likes to be nerfed what ZOS must do is increase the dificulty enemies with more life more armor more attack better IA
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Why not? Give monsters block cancelling. Let them block unnecessarily so they can quickly chain more attacks together. And in between everything make sure they have a Light Attack. All this should be done in split-seconds of course. No one needs to see them twitch their animations.
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on February 1, 2020 5:59PM