The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Resources drained in 1 attack

Drdeath20
Drdeath20
✭✭✭✭✭
Just looking for some kind of explanation as to how i can have 30k magicka, 20k stamina and 30k health all drain to zero after the opening attack in a fight.

I run in a group with all sorts of builds and characters and it happens infrequently but we do come across a variety of stamina characters that can drop all our resources in a matter of a second in battle. Anybody have any clue?
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if you got hit with resource drain poisons on top of someone else hitting you with debuffs it can happen quickly. Or you could've desync'd real bad.

Edit: Forgot to add some folks have built around the siphoner CP which is weird, but effective if they just focus on that.
    Edited by Siohwenoeht on January 31, 2020 5:11AM
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, if you got hit with resource drain poisons on top of someone else hitting you with a "steal x" glyph it can happen quickly. Or you could've desync'd real bad.

Ok thanks for the info. I will check that out.
  • Alienoutlaw
    Alienoutlaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    also cost of some skills is very high in current patch.........sustain is much better with U25
  • Siohwenoeht
    Siohwenoeht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Well, if you got hit with resource drain poisons on top of someone else hitting you with a "steal x" glyph it can happen quickly. Or you could've desync'd real bad.

Ok thanks for the info. I will check that out.

I edited my post after a derp moment, it's debuffs you have to watch out for. It's why purge is en vogue.
    "It is a lovely language, but it takes a very long time saying anything in it, because we do not say anything in it, unless it is worth taking a long time to say, and to listen to." - Treebeard
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a desync. I've gotten hit with three Snipes all at once, the game drained my resource bars and I wobbled around for a few seconds like a headless chicken before the server finally told my client my body should be on the floor.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Kadoin
    Kadoin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    When that happens, the server has already declared you dead no matter what.
  • gatekeeper13
    gatekeeper13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Maybe they use poisons that increase the cost of your magicka/stamina abilities (at least I do in my bow nightblade :D ). Also make sure you have enough recovery. Recovery is more important in pvp than just having high resources.
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah from the way people describe it, it must be a desync. Thank you all soo much for the help.
  • Grega
    Grega
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there any way to avoid desycing?

It happens to me a lot, especially battlegrounds. Like half of my deaths happen like that, sometimes even repeat right after I just drop dead on the spawn point spot where you’re supposed to be immune.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stelegrega wrote: »

It happens to me a lot, especially battlegrounds. Like half of my deaths happen like that, sometimes even repeat right after I just drop dead on the spawn point spot where you’re supposed to be immune.

I have some of the fastest internet service in the U.S. and i still get desyncs. I believe its an issue on the game side.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Shantu
    Shantu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I've always felt PVP in this game was WAY over-complicated. It chases a lot of people away. Hell, just give us sticks. If I hit you more than you hit me, I win.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stelegrega wrote: »

Snipe is bugged pure and simple. Threads have been rolling for years.

It DOES seem both prevelant and more obvious this week I'll say. Perhaps it's the scrubs using snipe
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Shardaxx
    Shardaxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this too. There aren't any skills or poisons which instantly drain large amounts of magicka or stamina, all the poisons do is increase the cost of abilities, but I've seen my stamina drop like a stone for no apparent reason.

One theory is, the game thinks you're dead but somehow you survive. Sometimes death in pvp is a weird delayed reaction, where you lose all resources and stumble on for a couple of seconds then fall over dead. However occasionally, you don't die at all and can heal back up, but it seems like the game think you did and your stam and magicka fall to zero.
    PS4 - Europe - Shardaxx - Wood Elf Nightblade - Aldmeri Dominion