The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Which is better for DK?

Furyheart
Furyheart
Soul Shriven
Hello everyone!

I was trying to decide what I want for my DK. I have 2 possible builds:
Stam dps: 2H/bow (for example: http://esoacademy.com/builds/pve-stam-dk-2hbow/)
Tank: 2H/ 1H-shield (for example: http://esoacademy.com/builds/front-line-boss-dragonknight-tank/)

So, I want to know, which one is better? As you can see I want to use those combinations yes or yes haha, so, which one is better to do more content? I mean, I know I can use any of those, but I am talking about more efficient and funny.

Thank you for the answers!!
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven’t even clicked on the links. But the only two things I’ve played for last couple years is DK tank and Stam DK dps. If your primary concern is maximum variety of content then go Stam DPS.
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    which one is better to do... what?

Levelling?

PvP?

PvE?

Dungeons?

Exploration?

Crafting?

Tanking?

Killing?

DK is THE most versatile class out there....
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • Furyheart
    Furyheart
    Soul Shriven
    Davadin wrote: »

Levelling?

PvP?

PvE?

Dungeons?

Exploration?

Crafting?

Tanking?

Killing?

Well, specially PVE (dung, expl, etc), the thing is that, should I go the 2H/shield tank or the 2H/bow dps?
  • BejaProphet
    BejaProphet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The good news is that as you get a surplus of skill points you can largely do both by swapping out some gear.

But if you plan to be a legitimate tank at all, pick a different build. Any tank that morphs into a werewolf is forever barred from Sovenguard.

Commonly accepted wisdom is to level up as a damage dealer then later try tanking. I think if somebody knows they want to tank they should level as a tank. But I don’t get the impression that you know that.

So I recommend dual wield and bow. Two handed is more suited to PvP. But if you just really want 2 handed instead of DW you can make it work.
    Edited by BejaProphet on January 28, 2020 3:11AM
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    2H/Bow
  • Davadin
    Davadin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Furyheart wrote: »
    Davadin wrote: »

Levelling?

PvP?

PvE?

Dungeons?

Exploration?

Crafting?

Tanking?

Killing?

Well, specially PVE (dung, expl, etc), the thing is that, should I go the 2H/shield tank or the 2H/bow dps?

both.

level everything.

collect everything.

(sorry dude, unless u give me specific roles, u wont get specific answers)
    August Palatine Davadin Bloodstrake - Nord Dragon Knight - PC NA - Gray Host
    Greymoor 6.0.7 PvP : Medium 2H/SnB The Destroyer
    Dragonhold 5.2.11 PvE : Medium DW/2H The Blood Furnace
    March 2021 (too lazy to add CP) PvP: Medium DW/Bow The Stabber
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you want to go around killing stuff in PVE and PVP, 2H/Bow

If you want to tank in PVE group endgame content, S & B on both bars or S & B and Staff

If you want to kill stuff in PVP, 2H/S & B

Like someone else said, my original main was also a Stam DK. Started as a DPS is now DPS and Tank, although not at the same time. With the amount of skyshards in this game, you can make a DW, 2H, Bow, and S & B tank and DPS. So you can, eventually, do both with one stamina DK
  • Bradyfjord
    Bradyfjord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play stam dk atm. My usual in pve is 2h/bow. I switch my front bar often to dw or weap/shield based on need. One way or another I always make sure I have major brutality.

In pvp I switch it up some, but usually keep weap/shield on front for defense. My goal here is to snare opponents for others on the team to finish off.