The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

More Benefits for IC District Control

Enodoc
Enodoc
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Building on the recent changes to Town Capture in Cyrodiil from the coming update, as well as the changes back in Update 20, I'd like to see some of those themes moved across to Imperial City. Currently, there are only two benefits to owning a District in Imperial City - a Tel Var boost in the Districts, and being able to respawn at the Rally Point.

Cyrodiil will shortly have Armories in the towns where you can craft gear - these are only accessible to the alliance that controls the town. So proposal #1 is to make the Imperial City armories function the same way - control the district in order to access the armory. That gives more incentive to keep the district in your control.

Back in Update 20, the Safe Houses in the towns were redesigned, and you are now able to get into them from the outside and use the Transitus Shrine if your alliance controls the town. So proposal #2 is to make the Rally Points in the districts directly accessible if your alliance controls the district, providing a shortcut back to base. (All the Rally Points have doors at street level, they're just boarded up.)
UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »

Back in Update 20, the Safe Houses in the towns were redesigned, and you are now able to get into them from the outside and use the Transitus Shrine if your alliance controls the town. So proposal #2 is to make the Rally Points in the districts directly accessible if your alliance controls the district, providing a shortcut back to base. (All the Rally Points have doors at street level, they're just boarded up.)

While the theme would mesh with the changes to Cyro, I don't think this would fit the gameplay of IC.

There are already shortcuts back to base via Recall Stones. I don't think IC needs any further reduction of Player Risk.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »

While the theme would mesh with the changes to Cyro, I don't think this would fit the gameplay of IC.

There are already shortcuts back to base via Recall Stones. I don't think IC needs any further reduction of Player Risk.

Agreed. Removing the risk removes the spice. It's already alot flatter going down from 80 to 50% TV loss.

And you can by the fast port things etc
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • Mr_Walker
    Mr_Walker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »

Agreed. Removing the risk removes the spice. It's already alot flatter going down from 80 to 50% TV loss.

And you can by the fast port things etc

Given one of the (oft-expressed) reasons people don't go into an already dead zone is TV loss, it sure does sound like a well thought out idea to increase said loss....
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Similarly of course there are also Recall Stones in Cyrodiil, so again, that would match in terms of design. But fair enough if it doesn't match the gameplay. Although I thought recall stones were rather expensive - this suggestion was intended as a "free alternative" to the recall stones which you had to earn through District Capture, and would be a safer way to get back to base than having to go through the sewers.
    Mr_Walker wrote: »
    Given one of the (oft-expressed) reasons people don't go into an already dead zone is TV loss, it sure does sound like a well thought out idea to increase said loss....
    I'm not sure what you're getting at by saying this will increase Tel Var loss, because I'm not sure if 50% Tel Var loss is a good thing or a bad thing. (A higher rate of loss is a bad thing if you're the one being killed, but a good thing if you're the one that profits from that.)

So if switching up the benefits of District Control in this way wouldn't be beneficial for the gameplay style in IC, are there other things that could be tried that would:
    • Make District Capture more rewarding
    • Increase player engagement with IC content
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp