The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

White screen when I press play

nebth444
nebth444
Soul Shriven
Hi all,
I recently wanted to get back into ESO but when I launch it it just white screens. I am on Catalina, I tried the windowed fix but it didn't seem to work, I also tried opening the game from the install file 'pubplayerclient' and it still doesn't work

does anyone have a fix for this?

thanks in advance!
  • fiender66
    fiender66
    ✭✭✭✭
    Which hardware (i.e. Mac model) are you using? I got the same with Catalina on MacBook Pro+eGPU, and had to revert to Mojave.

Be careful, according to someones, the white screen may damage the GPU, if maintained for some time.
  • BlueRaven
    BlueRaven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When you see a white screen in windowed mode, adjust the window size (even slightly). That usually fixes mine.
  • nebth444
    nebth444
    Soul Shriven
    fiender66 wrote: »
    Which hardware (i.e. Mac model) are you using? I got the same with Catalina on MacBook Pro+eGPU, and had to revert to Mojave.

Be careful, according to someones, the white screen may damage the GPU, if maintained for some time.

Hi both sorry for the late reply, been super busy with work.

I am on Catalina, on a macbook pro 2017. Im guessing its catalina that is causing the problem. I might go back to mojave as there wasnt many new things with the new version anyway

thanks for the help

• xSkullfox
    xSkullfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BlueRaven wrote: »
    When you see a white screen in windowed mode, adjust the window size (even slightly). That usually fixes mine.

Worked for me ty
    Groupfinder:
    The worst part is when it finally puts you in a group, your healer turns into a werewolf, your tank has 14k HP and the dps is heavy armor, using a restro staff and a two handed sword on the backbar. Then comes the 15 minute penalty before the cycle starts anew.

Rulz of Morrowind:
    • The first rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • The second rule of Morrowind is: You do not talk about Morrowind.
    • Third rule of Morrowind: Someone yells NDA stuff, uploads images, streams, the game is over.
    • Fourth rule: only invited players can test.
    • Fifth rule: one invite at a time, fellas.
    • Sixth rule: crying or bashing on pts.
    • Seventh rule: NDA will go on as long as they have to.
    • And the eighth and final rule: If this is your first invite at Morrowind, you have to play.