The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Hi guys returning player haven't played in o we a year. What are the good classes to use these days

Dk_needs_a_buff
Dk_needs_a_buff
✭✭✭
Hi guys returning player haven't played in o we a year. What are the good classes to use these days
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is your preferred spec (mag/stam), role and playstyle?
  • Slimebrow
    Slimebrow
    ✭✭✭
    Best classes IMO: DK, NB, Templar, and Sorc.
    Just research the classes your self like youtube video of class showcases may help IMO.

IMO the new classes visually look crap and half arsed so I dont even bother with them.
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    Stam nb and DK any good?
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stam nb and DK any good?
    Both good, NB is less forgiveable and harder to use in lag when zergs clashing
  • Solaire
    Solaire
    ✭✭✭
    Anything but Magicka, it's StamTank Meta, you ain't going anywhere with anything else.
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basically its stamnecro online next patch :P
  • Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    What about sets and so on. I remember I had hundings rage bone pirate. Stuff like that any good ?
  • FirmamentOfStars
    FirmamentOfStars
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What about sets and so on. I remember I had hundings rage bone pirate. Stuff like that any good ?

My answer in another thread. Lower part describes most used sets on different specs:
    For stamina in general orc is one of the strongest races. Naturally the other stam races have their niches. Especially for sNB also bosmer (woodelves) are pretty popular. On the other hand redguards are still very strong for sustaining, same goes kind of for imperials. For a tankier build nords are phenomenal. So orc is bis, meanmwhile the other races fill in niches.

For magicka its a bit more diverse I would say. Most used race is probably altmers (highelf), which is a natural fit for magsorc and probably the best choice for a build with sword and board (stam sustain while blocking). The race also helps out in builds, who neglect the stamina resource like builds with bloody mara/witchmothers potent brew drinks. But in the last case dunmer or argonians also help out sustaining the offresource. Right after altmer, I guess breton comes in. Its sustain is great for heavy armor builds and helps out sustaining on high cost classes like necroes or a build with the new moon acolyte set. As said, dunmer and argonian come probably after those two.

For the question about sets, I start with the sNB. Generally you old setup of master bow backbar, spriggans frontbar together with bone pirate and a monsterset (bloodspawn is the way to go in most cases) is still very strong and viable. But many would probably replace bone pirate with a set like new moon acolyte this patch.

For stamina builds in general the best sets are probably fury, new moon acolyte, spriggans , truth, essence thief mostly paired with bloodspawn. Those sets also allow going medium armor in most cases. A set I have seen on PC EU used recently too is barkskin. A monsterset used often on stamnecroes would be thurvokuun. Also trollking or malubeth are used for survivability in some cases.

For magicka builds there are some more sets to consider. Damagewise new moon acolyte, spinners, necropotence/crafty alfiq, spell strategist and maybe innate axiom are the best ones. For sustain many builds also include bright-throat boast, since it provides regen and high stats with the disadvantage of needing a drink. Naturally transmutation also is a very good set for its defense, sustain and support utility. Next patch also galerions revenge looks very promising as sustained damage proc comparable with the other proc sets like icy conjuror and aurorans thunder. Here I also need to mention overwhelming surge as a damage proc set combined with sustain. Monstersets are also slightly more than on stamina. Bloodspawn surely one of the best ones again, also trollking and malubeth are used again. Zaan naturally as high damage proc is used quite often aswell. Engine guardian also is seen from time to time.

• Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Depends on what other changes they’re going to do next patch, PTS isn’t done.

I think magplar (If what I’m thinking will work), stamwarden, and stamnecro will be strong, along with magsorcs.
    Edited by Iskiab on January 26, 2020 12:46AM
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Solaire
    Solaire
    ✭✭✭
    StamNB for solo shoot, kill, cloak = profit

StamWarden for group = do you bleed? you will.

• Dk_needs_a_buff
    Dk_needs_a_buff
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you all