The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

What determines eligibility for different versions?

Danikat
Danikat
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
I was looking through all the different versions of the game currently available, while logged into my account on the website and I noticed something odd.

If I look at the Standard Edition (base game + Morrowind) the purchase button is replaced with a note that says "You do not qualify for this product", which seems sensible as I've already got both of those. But I've also got Summerset and Elseweyr, and yet if I look at the Elseweyr Standard Edition it says I can buy it.

Any idea why that is? It doesn't really matter to me right now, since I wasn't planning on buying a second copy of either, I'm just curious about the difference. If the standard edition is blocked to stop me buying something I've already got shouldn't that apply to the others as well? And if that's not the reason does anyone know why it is blocked?
PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • belial5221_ESO
    belial5221_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    You can't own 2 same thing on one acct.You'd have to make a 2nd account to purchase another base+whatever you own already,since it ties to one acct only.They might allow the other if you don't own part of it,which is odd,cause cheaper to get upgrade only.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That doesn't explain what's happening here though.

I'm logged into an account that has the base game, Morrowind, Summerset and Elseweyr all unlocked. It won't let me buy the base game + Morrowind because I've already got it, but it will let me buy Elseweyr, plus the base game, Morrowind and Summerset, even though I've already got all 4. (And this is the standard edition, not the collector's edition so it's not because of the bonus items.)

My point is it's not consistent. If it's to stop you buying something you've already got then it should apply to all versions of the game you've already got, not just one of them.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been wondering this same thing.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wonder if is because you bought the other chapters separately and morrowind with a copy of the game.

Still should not let you, but could explain the difference.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"