The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So I killed a quester... I think

Cirantille
Cirantille
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I know you'll find it funny but I am kinda upset and I feel like a horrible person. Prolly ruined his night by this

So both alliances were tryna cap towns, castles to approach the scroll we are holding. While pushing back, we killed them in Cropsford. But 2 of them hid in the house. So I told my guildies and we got in and killed them.

But halfway through I realised he was a "Tyro" and tried to "whirling blades" all the way :/ And he was taking a quest :|

Then I thought of whispering him or her and sending something but I thought it would be awkward

Anyway off my chest topic, he was such a cute Khajiit, and Khajiit make sad sounds when they die :'(

I don't know how people camp these poor fellows, like they are so harmless and dying so easily

And it feels... kinda bad to kill people who can't put up a fight

Or maybe he was a really bad pvp players, Idk those are not uncommon too, sigh
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, there are a lot of lesser skilled PvP players even when there is not an event on. If it was a player just doing a quest they should realize it is best to stay away from an area where there is combat until it settles. Maybe they learned as much.
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So the player spammed whirling blades from the start of it or was there any kind of burst they tried? Either way yeah, you know there's an Event going on and it sounds like you just had a bit of bloodlust on your mind cause you didn't hesitate going after them. I've always let people go if I run into them around PvE areas and I see they had no intention of fighting me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it helps at all I'm one of the people who goes into Cyrodiil to do quests (on a khajiit at that) and other PvE activities and when I die I just find it mildly annoying, and then only because I have to run all the way back. (Especially when I could see the skyshard I was going for and your elder scroll has already been stolen so there's nothing in there for you to protect by killing me.)

What's more irritating is when they dance or use emotes over my corpse as if killing someone who didn't react to your presence in any way at all is somehow impressive. Seriously, even an NPC wolf would be more of a challenge. I only rarely PvP in this game but even I know acting like it's a big victory is more embarrassing for them than for me.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    If it helps at all I'm one of the people who goes into Cyrodiil to do quests (on a khajiit at that) and other PvE activities and when I die I just find it mildly annoying, and then only because I have to run all the way back. (Especially when I could see the skyshard I was going for and your elder scroll has already been stolen so there's nothing in there for you to protect by killing me.)

What's more irritating is when they dance or use emotes over my corpse as if killing someone who didn't react to your presence in any way at all is somehow impressive. Seriously, even an NPC wolf would be more of a challenge. I only rarely PvP in this game but even I know acting like it's a big victory is more embarrassing for them than for me.

I've had people in a group come and bag me, even though they didn't even land a hit, I was downed by others and they were just nearby to see. Just the fact that you couldn't defend yourself is reason enough to dance on your corpse, but I promise you most of the time if these people were to lose they'd res somewhere immediately so you couldn't do anything to them. They love to give but can't bear to take.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yeah most often I just move along when I meet people especially in delves, they try to hide and *wink wink* I dont see it of course :)

I honestly dont understand what is fun in ruining some other players fun, that is why this instance upsetted me a bit

I think PvErs really should avoid campaign dedicated servers of Cyrodiil because they seem to end up between cross fire sigh
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I've had people in a group come and bag me, even though they didn't even land a hit, I was downed by others and they were just nearby to see. Just the fact that you couldn't defend yourself is reason enough to dance on your corpse, but I promise you most of the time if these people were to lose they'd res somewhere immediately so you couldn't do anything to them. They love to give but can't bear to take.

If it is a consolation I have been t bagged by PvErs :joy:

14 of them took me down and tbagged me, I though that they were trying how it feels and lolled a bit

Also to your previous message no I wasnt bloodlusted or anything, I thought they were capping the town to res so they can keep attacking the scroll sigh
  • Vietfox
    Vietfox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Screw them, we all learnt by dying.
    On the other hand i've been having so much fun. I used to play on pc but had to switch to ps4 because my laptop died. Most of the veterans assumed i was a noob (700cp on ps4 right now) and that's what made it easy for me to kill them 😂😂
    Edited by Vietfox on January 25, 2020 12:09AM
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KILL ALL SPARE NONE
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't feel too bad, a lot of those PVE'ers go full bloodthirsty in Cyro attacking even when you try to leave them alone. That's not a bad instinct in a PVP zone, but it's not like you automatically know they are just getting boxes. If they try to hide I usually just pretend I didn't see them while keeping my head on a swivel.
  • MehrunesFlagon
    MehrunesFlagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't seen any quester conflict .I've been walking right past AD like I'm not even there .I Guess it depends on the campaign though.
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil is for pvp, I usually try not to kill people who are clearly questing but if they die meh, it’s a PvP zone
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unno, a few days ago I was camping this burnt out house with a skyshard in it. Killed a couple, ran off like 3 more. I didn’t feel bad about it at all.

As for the event, I did all the crops events and didn’t see anybody messing with questers. I wanted to kill the guy who kept getting the produce sacks before I could. Lol. But he was my faction.
  • ProfessorKittyhawk
    ProfessorKittyhawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a non-pvper, I expect to get ganked at any moment when I'm there during MM trying to do a quest to get my box and tickets. I walked into the wrong part of town today and got shanked by some AD players. Comes with the territory.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    I wouldn't feel too bad, a lot of those PVE'ers go full bloodthirsty in Cyro attacking even when you try to leave them alone. That's not a bad instinct in a PVP zone, but it's not like you automatically know they are just getting boxes. If they try to hide I usually just pretend I didn't see them while keeping my head on a swivel.

But I am so proud

I mean look at all these dungeon players stabbing the enemies fiercely, they learn quick :joy:

• Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People who do this just don't care. Either they are sadists and enjoy ruining the fun for others or they simply want the easy AP.
    This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • oddbasket
    oddbasket
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pve players should group up if you are just going to a town for a quick daily. Town gankers are usually a small group or individuals, and leave you alone if several of you come together.
  • TheImperfect
    TheImperfect
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pvp'ed for the first time in ages yesterday. I saw a sorceror and pretty much considered myself already dead before starting. I accidentally lotus jumped to the sorcerors pet and attacked that first and then realised and attacked the sorceror and surprisingly won. I think the sorceror was being kind honestly because I really screwed it up.
    I then managed to claim a farm and was feeling pretty smug.
    Got my ass handed to me several times afterwards.
    Had a go with siege weapons which I forgot how to use.
    Loving it so far. Did Sheogorath's quest to use Malacath's hammer and thought that the hammer is the most fun thing ever. I tried not to give it back but old Sheo doesn't let you.
  • DragonRacer
    DragonRacer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As a PvEer, I avoid all town quests because of the reputation of behind-door bombers. I go for the scouting missions instead, especially since I have a max-stamina mount and rapids. That, of course, isn’t 100% safe... nothing in PvP is... but I did sure appreciate the Blue who blew past my Yellow. I was mere feet away from my scouting point and mounted, so I know he couldn’t have missed seeing me so far in enemy territory. But I instantly dismounted and hid, and he rode on by. Thank you. Did my report, got my event tickets, and you won’t see my happy Khajiiti tuckus for 24 hours.

Any PvEer trying to do town quests right now is sadly naive. I finished Cyrodiil Skyshards (finally) BEFORE this event in lowest pop campaign. Won’t touch the town quests I picked up until MM is over.
    PS5 NA. GM of The PTK's - a free trading guild (CP 500+). Also a werewolf, bites are free when they're available. PSN = DragonRacer13
  • Pauls
    Pauls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weird flex from zerger but ok
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mrsrobot wrote: »
    I pvp'ed for the first time in ages yesterday. I saw a sorceror and pretty much considered myself already dead before starting. I accidentally lotus jumped to the sorcerors pet and attacked that first and then realised and attacked the sorceror and surprisingly won. I think the sorceror was being kind honestly because I really screwed it up.
    I then managed to claim a farm and was feeling pretty smug.
    Got my ass handed to me several times afterwards.
    Had a go with siege weapons which I forgot how to use.
    Loving it so far. Did Sheogorath's quest to use Malacath's hammer and thought that the hammer is the most fun thing ever. I tried not to give it back but old Sheo doesn't let you.

Welcome back ^^

I love when players take things this light heartedly and enjoy it

I read from many people in zone and guilds that they actually enjoyed PvP, I am happy :)
  • Morieln
    Morieln
    Soul Shriven
    I went for a scouting quest to get event tix, managed to complete the scouting part, and was on my way back when a battle snuck up on me while I was crouched by a tree. Someone killed me after a while (I had no interest in fighting, so I was still just crouching there) ...and, yay, death saved me having to sneak all the way back to turn in the quest. ; ) Tix achieved...
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

I mean, if they go at you guns blazing of course theyre fair game. I just always extend an "Olive Block" first.
  • Cirantille
    Cirantille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Morieln wrote: »
    I went for a scouting quest to get event tix, managed to complete the scouting part, and was on my way back when a battle snuck up on me while I was crouched by a tree. Someone killed me after a while (I had no interest in fighting, so I was still just crouching there) ...and, yay, death saved me having to sneak all the way back to turn in the quest. ; ) Tix achieved...

It is a good tactic if you want to respawn, I usually choose slaughterfish but enemies will do too :D
  • Unseelie
    Unseelie
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cirantille wrote: »

Yeah most often I just move along when I meet people especially in delves, they try to hide and *wink wink* I dont see it of course :)

I honestly dont understand what is fun in ruining some other players fun, that is why this instance upsetted me a bit

I think PvErs really should avoid campaign dedicated servers of Cyrodiil because they seem to end up between cross fire sigh

Sadly there are a large group of the pvp community who look forward to these events and will specifically go in with the mindset of griefing "Care Bears".
  • xXMeowMeowXx
    xXMeowMeowXx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I usually do my best not to bother someone questing in PvP but the event does make it more complicated. Things are moving faster and the fighting spills over.

Especially, when you play small scale against these unorganized giant zergs.

Also, I don’t believe they’re so innocent.

I was traveling through one of the so called quest areas alone on my stamdk and of bunch players attacked me all together. I killed them all really fast. I am somewhat decent at PvP after three years, but those odds have me thinking the pitchfork holders have bloodlust in their veins....>_>
    Edited by xXMeowMeowXx on January 25, 2020 3:59AM
  • Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the anniversary jubilee is where all the stops get pulled out and everyone goes full bloodlust and that's where you're gonna find the worst griefers. This event ain't as bad so far; there's been some pretty decent camaraderie in the PvE areas of Cyrodiil in both the campaigns I ran on.

Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My favorite thing ever happened tonight. I was in Bruma, doing the quest where you close the portals in the manor. I was playing on a DC alt, and the town was (probably still is) controlled by EP, so I knew I was playing with fire. Didn't really care, as I'd already snuck through and turned in one quest for my tickets, so I figured it was a win-win... either I'd get another quest knocked off, or I'd get a quick trip home.

So just as I had clicked on the portal to open it, some EP player showed up and took me down, but the Dremora had already appeared... however, my EP pal didn't see it, because he was turned in the wrong direction, and of course, busy lewdly gesticulating over my corpse... so because he wasn't paying attention, he got taken out by the Dremora. (Possibly killed, but at the very least definitely knocked flat on his @ss.) I laughed so hard...
  • amapola76
    amapola76
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    amapola76 wrote: »
    My favorite thing ever happened tonight. I was in Bruma, doing the quest where you close the portals in the manor. I was playing on a DC alt, and the town was (probably still is) controlled by EP, so I knew I was playing with fire. Didn't really care, as I'd already snuck through and turned in one quest for my tickets, so I figured it was a win-win... either I'd get another quest knocked off, or I'd get a quick trip home.

So just as I had clicked on the portal to open it, some EP player showed up and took me down, but the Dremora had already appeared... however, my EP pal didn't see it, because he was turned in the wrong direction, and of course, busy lewdly gesticulating over my corpse... so because he wasn't paying attention, he got taken out by the Dremora*. (Possibly killed, but at the very least definitely knocked flat on his @ss.) I laughed so hard...

*ETA: I'm not sure that should even have been possible, so maybe I saw it wrong, but he definitely got taken out from behind by something else? Maybe another DC player? But it was definitely because he was acting like a fool and not paying attention.
    Edited by amapola76 on January 25, 2020 4:19AM
  • LurgidBean
    LurgidBean
    ✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »

I mean, if they go at you guns blazing of course theyre fair game. I just always extend an "Olive Block" first.

First time I've heard the term "olive block" Love it!!

Xbox NA/EU
    "Once I misplaced an entire roast chicken, so this doesn't surprise me."
  • r34lian
    r34lian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    idk wrote: »
    Yes, there are a lot of lesser skilled PvP players even when there is not an event on. If it was a player just doing a quest they should realize it is best to stay away from an area where there is combat until it settles. Maybe they learned as much.

I don't see there's any skill required except for gear and mashing two buttons simultaneously
    Bad players would be either pve or high latency ones there isn't any type of skill involved in this game
    2000 CP • 18 Maxed Characters • 6 Altmers • 7 Redguards • Necromancer Orc • Warden Dunmer • DK Nord • DK Imperial • Templar Breton