The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Please allow Crown Store items to be account-wide or allow megaserver transfers.

RGD
RGD
✭✭✭
I'm pretty sure this topic has been brought up before, but how is it that in 2020 we don't have the ability to use crown store items we paid for on any megaserver? There's plenty of other games that allow this, and I'm sure it's not out of the realm of possibility for ESO. Character data is one thing, I get that might be a little more complex overall, and to be honest, personally I don't mind not being able to have the same characters on EU and NA. However, Crown Store items being so limited sucks for a few reasons. First reason is they cost money, and after a few purchases it really adds up, second reason is that a lot of it was limited to certain times, alot of what I, and many other people have in their collections can't be bought any more.

I've personally wanted to start on the NA server from EU for a while now, but I can't get past not having access to the things I paid for because I chose a different megaserver. It's the same game. Crown balance is global across your account, so is big DLC and smaller stuff, like the Skyrim SE content and ESO+ is too. Why aren't the items I bought with crowns not account-wide, too?
XB1 GT: RGD
Xbox One - EU
Ebonheart Pact
CP: 810+
Stamina Dragonknight DD/Tank [Ishak Pasha]
Magicka Nightblade DD [Córvo]

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RGD wrote: »
    There's plenty of other games that allow this...

Not sure about this, but I do know ESO does support this to some extent. Stuff you've picked up from the store on the website applies to both PC servers. Not sure about PC to console, but still.

What frustrates me is, the crowns are shared across both servers, rather than being cloned to each, but nothing else is. I do agree, it would be a vast improvement servers could be blended together in some way.
  • vgabor
    vgabor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First reason is they cost money, and after a few purchases it really adds up

You already answered it yourself, more money for ZOS this way.

• FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not sure about this, but I do know ESO does support this to some extent. Stuff you've picked up from the store on the website applies to both PC servers. Not sure about PC to console, but still.

What frustrates me is, the crowns are shared across both servers, rather than being cloned to each, but nothing else is. I do agree, it would be a vast improvement servers could be blended together in some way.

I am not sure I follow, but a mount you buy on PS4 NA is not available without purchase (again) on PS4 EU.

It is a scam, but they can get away with it.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭

I am not sure I follow, but a mount you buy on PS4 NA is not available without purchase (again) on PS4 EU.

It is a scam, but they can get away with it

Yes, if you buy crowns, they appear on both NA or EU servers, but if you spend said crowns on a mount on NA, that mount will not carry over to EU and vice versa. It sucks because I've played EU for a while, and I want to switch to NA for a few reasons, but not only would I have to remake my characters, get sets, levels etc. I'd have to live without my crown purchases. Most of which cannot be re-bought as it's not in the store anymore.

I get that people will be cynical, and they're correct to act like that. It doesn't mean we can't raise it as a concern and if enough people talk about it, ZOS will see and at least reply. This issue has made me take a long break from the game, and makes me reluctant to return, and I'm sure I'm not alone.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • Dusk_Coven
    Dusk_Coven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does the description of the Bristleback inventory-slot-pet still say "Account Wide". Even though it's not account wide as the rest of the MMO world knows it?
    Edited by Dusk_Coven on January 21, 2020 2:55AM
  • ForfiniteStories
    ForfiniteStories
    ✭✭✭
    This issue has made me take a long break from the game, and makes me reluctant to return, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

You are not alone. I too have been greatly put off from this. I started playing ESO when it first came out, but too much of such bumps on the road caused me to veer elsewhere.

Your suggestion would be a most welcome quality of life improvement and would feed my desire to return to this game.
  • CrimsonGTX
    CrimsonGTX
    ✭✭✭
    I agree with you OP. I don't play on XB1 any more, but I would love for my purchases/crowns/gems to transfer over from xbox. I could care less about the characters since i'm already max cp and re-leveled and geared my toons.
    Sorc & Warden Main - PC NA(CP 1k+) & Xbox NA (CP 1k+)
  • IndianaJames7
    IndianaJames7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would also be nice if crown furnishings were usable at multiple residences. I’d be much more willing to buy a bunch of the mundus stones if I could put them at all of my residences.... though tbh this is only really an issue because of the furnishing caps that prevent me from being able to place everything I need/want in one place.
  • barney2525
    barney2525
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

A scam? You want duplicates on a completely different SERVER ? I've played several games that you pick the server your character is going to play on and very little - if Anything - applies to Both/all servers you have characters on. Unless you actually transfer your character from one server to another there is literally no way to share from one character to another on a different server.

It aint a scam if its common practice. That's just life and we deal with it. Just like on one side of the street you got cable company A and literally on the other side you got cable company B. You DON'T get to choose which company to use if you want cable. Only one company services the specific location that you live in. If you want cable, you get it from the ONLY provider available to you.

IMHO

:#
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Character data is one thing, I get that might be a little more complex overall, and to be honest, personally I don't mind not being able to have the same characters on EU and NA. However, Crown Store items being so limited sucks for a few reasons.

Character data also would be trivial to copy over.

Except for the issue of character names. That's never trivial.
    I've personally wanted to start on the NA server from EU for a while now, but I can't get past not having access to the things I paid for because I chose a different megaserver. It's the same game. Crown balance is global across your account, so is big DLC and smaller stuff, like the Skyrim SE content and ESO+ is too. Why aren't the items I bought with crowns not account-wide, too?

That might be one of the contributing factors to the demise of the EU server.

A new player looking at the game's two servers will know that the NA one is almost guaranteed to be the longer surviving of the two. Such is the case with all MMOs.

So if you're going to invest not only time but also money in one and that money doesn't carry across to the other server, many players who might otherwise have played on EU will play on NA instead.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'm talking about stuff purchased from outside of game. For example, if you bought the Palamino Horse from the webstore back in 2014 (before the Crown Store existed), you'd have it on both servers. Same situation if you buy a chapter upgrade. For example: If you buy Greymoor, you'll get those perks on both servers. Another possible example is the Newcommer Pack, where you should get the pet on both servers, though I've never tested that.

It's really aggravating, because if you buy something in the store, it's on both servers, if you buy something from the Crown Store, it's only on that server, but your crowns are cross server.
  • doomette
    doomette
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Another possible example is the Newcommer Pack, where you should get the pet on both servers, though I've never tested that.
    You do indeed get the pet on both servers.
  • RGD
    RGD
    ✭✭✭
    doomette wrote: »
    You do indeed get the pet on both servers.

That's good. Shame things worth more like houses, mounts and costumes aren't. I know for a fact if they knew this was an issue for players they'd be able to figure out a way to fix it.
    Xbox One - EU
    Ebonheart Pact

#DeleteCrownCrates
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

SWTOR does it with their collections system. Ex: Provided you have all of the armor peices from the store for the visual set you want you can unlock it account wide. There is a cost ofc but its at least doable.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    barney2525 wrote: »

A scam? You want duplicates on a completely different SERVER ? I've played several games that you pick the server your character is going to play on and very little - if Anything - applies to Both/all servers you have characters on. Unless you actually transfer your character from one server to another there is literally no way to share from one character to another on a different server.

It aint a scam if its common practice. That's just life and we deal with it. Just like on one side of the street you got cable company A and literally on the other side you got cable company B. You DON'T get to choose which company to use if you want cable. Only one company services the specific location that you live in. If you want cable, you get it from the ONLY provider available to you.

IMHO

It is and remains a scam, but they get away with it. Digital bits are just that. They could easily apply purchases to both servers, but they don't because it is more income for them for those of us who play on both.

I'm talking about stuff purchased from outside of game. For example, if you bought the Palamino Horse from the webstore back in 2014 (before the Crown Store existed), you'd have it on both servers. Same situation if you buy a chapter upgrade. For example: If you buy Greymoor, you'll get those perks on both servers. Another possible example is the Newcommer Pack, where you should get the pet on both servers, though I've never tested that.

It's really aggravating, because if you buy something in the store, it's on both servers, if you buy something from the Crown Store, it's only on that server, but your crowns are cross server.

Good point. I didn't check the items I got from the PS4 store.

I hated that I needed to buy the Snow Globe house again (and wait until December to do so), but I burned the Crowns because it is so convenient.

I miss my mounts, on opposite servers now. (I at least one on each from a Crown crate that I really want on the other. I am not spending enough Crowns to try for that after going for the special crystal wolf shortly after I started. Too expensive for a mount that is really not that important, especially when I have to do it for the second time.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • snoozy
    snoozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree.
    vgabor wrote: »
    First reason is they cost money, and after a few purchases it really adds up
    You already answered it yourself, more money for ZOS this way.

inb4lock
    PC EU
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First off comparing what is obtained outside of the game vs in game is very different.

More importantly, is OP willing to pay more crowns for items to have them ok both severs? Logically they would cost more.

I think Zos should be very clear that what we purchase or obtain on owe server will not be available on the other server and be done with it. Yes, I play on both servers.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Outfit slots should be account wide - it's because they only apply to one character that I don't want to buy any more.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Im curious as to the reason behind it.

I was able to get CS to move some things over from my PC account with over 8k crowns to my xbox account, I just had to tell them what I wanted to purcahse with it.

Im a bit salty they dont allow character and bank transfers, given they've had the ability to do it when consoles hit but nothing after that. Even if they charged 20 bucks a transfer Id do that in a heart beat to have the monster sets on my PC account brought over to my xbox
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lucious90 wrote: »

Because your account communicates with both megaservers, but the megaservers do not communicate with each other.

As it should be. Duplicating purchased collectibles isn't worth even the most remotely possible security vulnerabilities that could arise as a result. Just not worth the risk to every player's data. I suspect that internal data would also suggest that most of the playerbase spends a substantial majority of their playtime on just one megaserver, and that behavior persists if a player has multiple accounts. Which makes the risks less justified, if they can even be justified at all.

There are also complications with crates and consumables, as well as purchasing items that are character-specific like outfit slots and bag space. But I'd still maintain that security and exploit prevention is a much bigger consideration than figuring out how different purchases would be processed.
    signing off
  • Contaminate
    Contaminate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

Because your account communicates with both megaservers, but the megaservers do not communicate with each other.

As it should be. Duplicating purchased collectibles isn't worth even the most remotely possible security vulnerabilities that could arise as a result. Just not worth the risk to every player's data. I suspect that internal data would also suggest that most of the playerbase spends a substantial majority of their playtime on just one megaserver, and that behavior persists if a player has multiple accounts. Which makes the risks less justified, if they can even be justified at all.

There are also complications with crates and consumables, as well as purchasing items that are character-specific like outfit slots and bag space. But I'd still maintain that security and exploit prevention is a much bigger consideration than figuring out how different purchases would be processed.

There’s already a system that has account wide purchases actually be account wide. Just remove the Crown Store from the game entirely and have all purchases be made through the website. Also while we’re at it, remove Crowns entirely. No more obfuscating the costs behind a layer of digital currency.

It’s never been about “security”, it’s about being able to charge players twice for “accountwide” items that plainly aren’t.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its all one account
    If crowns can be available on both PCNA and PCEU, then the items should be too.
    I agree this is a scam and a money grab.

Cross platform where it's different accounts, then no.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »

What security concerns? All this would happen in their systems, in their network, etc. End users would play no role.

That part of your point lacks a connection with reality.

Do keep in mind though that we could access our gear and such and transfer it between our characters on Destiny. I didn't hear a peep about security concerns there. WoW also allowed users to look at their characters outside the game. You can do that quite safely, though this ability would not require that.
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful what you wish for.

Revenue has to be gained somehow in a B2P title, other than through optional subscriptions, hence the crown store. At present prices are based on the principle that if you want to use a purchase on more than one server then you have to make more than one purchase. If that were changed so a single purchase could be applied to both servers on that platform then the price would be doubled. That might not bother those playing on both servers, but it sure as heck would bother those who only played on one!

And yes, I play on both servers - with two accounts.
  • FlopsyPrince
    FlopsyPrince
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I pay the sub and play on both servers AND pay for new releases (such as Elsweyr). Why should I have to pay AGAIN for the same stuff?

It is a "because we can fee".
    PC
    PS4/PS5
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tandor wrote: »

Revenue has to be gained somehow in a B2P title, other than through optional subscriptions, hence the crown store. At present prices are based on the principle that if you want to use a purchase on more than one server then you have to make more than one purchase. If that were changed so a single purchase could be applied to both servers on that platform then the price would be doubled. That might not bother those playing on both servers, but it sure as heck would bother those who only played on one!

Double the price? That's nonsense. How many people do you think play characters and buy things enough on both servers to justify that? You're a rare case if you do that.

My guess is that most people pay for things on their main server. Making crown store items purchased available (basically copy it) on both would not effect their income much at all. Who would buy all their 15000 crown houses twice?

I also have characters on both NA and EU. I simply don't buy things on the EU server and I rarely play on EU because my main is NA and everything I've purchased is on NA.
    Edited by Katahdin on January 25, 2020 5:06PM
    Beta tester November 2013
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was able to get CS to move some things over from my PC account with over 8k crowns to my xbox account, I just had to tell them what I wanted to purcahse with it.

Im a bit salty they dont allow character and bank transfers, given they've had the ability to do it when consoles hit but nothing after that. Even if they charged 20 bucks a transfer Id do that in a heart beat to have the monster sets on my PC account brought over to my xbox

It is very different copying an account to a server that has not gone live vs one that is already live. The risks are extremely different. Zos did specifically say at the time they would not build out a system to copy accounts to a live server.

Also, it was not character transfers and not even an account transfer. Just an account copy which means they had both accounts on both platforms in the very same condition for a day. I have not seen a game do that on live servers, only character transfers. That alone might be the crux of it, that so much is tied to the account, not the character.

Basically my point is the comparison is not accurate. Regardless, be salty if you want.
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    Tandor wrote: »

Double the price? That's nonsense. How many people do you think play characters and buy things enough on both servers to justify that? You're a rare case if you do that.

My guess is that most people pay for things on their main server. Making crown store items purchased available (basically copy it) on both would not effect their income much at all. Who would buy all their 15000 crown houses twice?

I also have characters on both NA and EU. I simply don't buy things on the EU server and I rarely play on EU because my main is NA and everything I've purchased is on NA.

I think you'd be surprised how many play actively on both servers, and if people play seriously on the second server then sooner or later they will buy stuff like houses (only serious traders have enough gold to buy them in game), and unless they're subscribers they'll also need to buy DLCs.

Two things in particular may have increased the number of players running characters actively on both servers - first, the community exercise relating to the release of Summerset and second, the current state of the PC EU server in particular.

Besides which, you're basing your view of ZOS's pricing methods on what can be reasonably justified, while I'm basing it on past experience :wink: !
  • Kiyakotari
    Kiyakotari
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love the load screen tip that advises that collectibles purchased from the Crown store, such as mounts and non-combat pets, are unlocked for your entire account.

It pisses me off and makes me laugh both, every time I see it. Because it's blatantly incorrect/a lie.
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just recently learned that you can not gift items that are bought with crate gems. This is absurd. Real money was spent on crowns. Those crowns were then spent on crates but for whatever reason those items are not giftable to another player?

Just what is the thought behind this? I started a few characters on the EU server and it was refreshing to see the items I got from various dlc packs available on that server, why more items aren't shared is definitely about trying to maximize profits.
    Edited by Sevn on January 25, 2020 9:32PM
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway