The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

New vampire transform suggestion

Nerouyn
Nerouyn
✭✭✭✭✭
All we know re the new vampire ultimate is that it's a transform, and us not being clan Volkihar, that it won't be vampire lord.

We also know that ZO like to avoid duplication across classes.
  • Werewolves have an ult transform - limited duration but the duration can be extended to near infinite duration with passives, equipment, food and corpse eating
  • Necros have an ult transform - limited duration
  • Sorcs have an ult weapon transform - consumes no ultimate to activate but a small amount of ultimate per cast.

The vamp transform could be like Skyrim - keeping things as much like the hugely popular single player games is generally a good idea - with players able to freely switch into and out of it. But.....

The strength of your ultform abilities is tied to vampire level. Higher = stronger.

Using ultform abilities lowers your vampire level.

You can't feed in ultform.

It takes a few seconds each way to transform.

Advantages I see to this:
  • This would never force players out of the ultform but it would make never leaving it sub-optimal. Anti-ultimate even.
  • It would encourage feeding in a big way, which seems to be a key goal, eg. with the feeding / vampire level reversal.
  • It would give players easy and immersive control over their vampire level. You might want to rock the ultform for most of a dungeon but against a boss with big fire attacks, lower your vamp level. With these mechanics you'd just need to burn your level down to 1 in the fights before that boss and either unslot your ultform or rely on your other ult for that fight.
  • The several second transform cast time would prevent players from flipping in / out constantly. With it taking time players would have to weigh up the lost DPS while transforming and danger it puts them in since they can't heal themselves etc. etc.

New vampire transform suggestion 20 votes

Love it
30%
Nerouynwsmith97ub17_ESOSaelentGhettokidXDark_One13WildRaptorX 6 votes
Dunno
10%
VevvevNoxavian 2 votes
Hate it
50%
1mirgShadowHvoEdaphonTheShadowScoutSpiderKnightbmnoblesnoozyLoneStar2911CAB_LifeUnseelie 10 votes
Don't care
10%
TyharTelvanniWizard 2 votes
  • TelvanniWizard
    TelvanniWizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Don't care
    Not a vampire. They are too ugly.
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    We have ulti transformations with werewolf and necromancer. I don't really see any use for vampires to copy that too...

Also, from the looks of the trailer, they are gonna pump up some vampire lord as the big bad in the next expansion. Sounds like they wouldn't want every run of the mill player vamp to go with the same shtick I reckon...

I'd say, its much more plausible that vampires will only get a bit of rework and their own armor motiv, and I expect a lot of bloodsucker lovers are gonna get excited about that once that shows up...
  • Vevvev
    Vevvev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dunno
    There's a lot of cool ideas out there, yours included, for how ZOS could implement this new ultimate. They could make it like the sorcs where using abilities drains ult or they could make it like WW's with a timer. Whatever the case I wanna see what they present to us. If their ideas are good they'll get a lot of praise, but if they're bad... well... if you've been on the forums for a while you'd know how it'll go lol.

I just hope the Scion Form doesn't look like the Vampire Lord form. If it does it better have some differences in things like attire or something since we know how much Lamae hates Molag Bol. Would imagine her not liking her children shapeshifting into a form that pleases him.
    PC NA - Ceyanna Ashton - Breton Vampire MagDK
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    We have ulti transformations with werewolf and necromancer. I don't really see any use for vampires to copy that too...

Did you read my post?

That was my whole point.

But there will be a vampire ultimate transform with the redesign. That was one of the first confirmed details about it.
    Also, from the looks of the trailer, they are gonna pump up some vampire lord as the big bad in the next expansion. Sounds like they wouldn't want every run of the mill player vamp to go with the same shtick I reckon...

Ok so clearly you didn't watch the show. I'll give you a quick recap.

Yes, at the end of the trailer it looks like the shadow of a clan Volkihar vampire lord.

But players will not be joining Volkihar and the player transform won't be vampire lord - because that's a Volkihar thing.
    I'd say, its much more plausible that vampires will only get a bit of rework and their own armor motiv, and I expect a lot of bloodsucker lovers are gonna get excited about that once that shows up...

Mmmmm....

Continuing the recap, no.

Vampires are getting a major redesign and the new ultimate transform is just one part of it.

Vamps are getting a full suite of (i.e. 5) active abilities.

Vampire feeding is being flipped. Vampires will become weaker if they don't feed, rather than the opposite as it is now.

Visually ZO said they're aiming for everything to look more visceral. Like feeding now is waving your arms at an enemy and a wiggly black snake drain animation. The new version has you chomping down on an enemy's neck.
    Vevvev wrote: »
    I just hope the Scion Form doesn't look like the Vampire Lord form. If it does it better have some differences in things like attire or something since we know how much Lamae hates Molag Bol. Would imagine her not liking her children shapeshifting into a form that pleases him.

I think it's a very safe bet that it won't look exactly like vampire lord form.

But I would expect it to still look a bit fugly. This is power derived from Molag Bal and he's no beauty queen.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @TheShadowScout

Vampires are getting a transformation called Blood Scion - a gift from Lamae Bal, Mother of Vampires
  • Noxavian
    Noxavian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dunno

They quite literally said we're getting a transformation ult. Lol.
  • Indoril_Nerevar
    Indoril_Nerevar
    ✭✭✭
    If they do literally stick to their suggestion on giving a Transformation on Vampirism, I think that would add to the fun of it, as that is what the Werewolf offered additionally.

Secondly, the Vampire needs to keep their Damage Resistence Passive, but it needs to be 33% damage resistence AT 50% Health or lower as flame damage is incredibly popular and overwhelming.

Third of all, I am only briefly suggestive on additional abilities. Vampire Mist and Drain should stay in my opinion, but I always felt that Vampire Drain should have healed for more BUT, could only be used at a specific LOW POINT in health since they have a weakness to fire but an awesome Resistence Passive if modified a bit more.

The Batswarm Ultimate should now be an average Vampire Ability. It's logical and fitting for a vampire role to have the bats swarm around you. I believe the morphs for it, too, are so perfect.

A Max HP Werewolf in PVE can heal for 60K or more. Reduce that in half almost, for PVP. The Vampire Drain/heal needs to be equal to this somehow.

However, I noticed that sneaking up and FEEDING can heal for a crazy amount too as a Vampire BUT Werewolves feed more conveniently and gain benefits, too!

In conclusion, if I were to give them any new abilities on top of the New Transformation and slightly better passives, it would be the following:

Aside from Batswarm, Vampire Drain and Vampire Mist, there leaves two slots left

1) "Charge" ability
    Charge forward to your enemies, knocking them down or tossing them upward like in Dracula: Untold, within a radius upon impact.

If the Transformation makes us look anything like Skyrim gave us in Vampirism, we should be able to flap our wings to leap forward directly at enemies. But nonetheless give them a charge ability

2) "Leeching Ally"
    Vampires should be able to benefit other Vampires or benefit from other Vampires

Bond yourself to your vampiric allies around you, reducing their damage taken by 10% - 15% and removing all weaknesses to fire upon yourself.

This does not stack, and it will cost Health Points. It will either have a duration or flow nicely and similar to abilities like Mend Wounds or Mystic Guard (stays active until deactivated or target moves a certain distance away)

THANKS FOR READING

Edited by Indoril_Nerevar on January 25, 2020 12:59PM
  • TheShadowScout
    TheShadowScout
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Vampires are getting a transformation called Blood Scion - a gift from Lamae Bal, Mother of Vampires
    Meh.

Well, noone said I gotta like it! :p;)

And I -still- think it is the wrong way to go, and would much rather have seen more vampire skills following some classic clichè inspirations... but alas.
  • 1mirg
    1mirg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hate it
    I've been a vampire since pretty much day 1 and I waited years for them to improve Vampires. So i'm excited and happy that they are finally doing so. Now with that being said, I must admit i do not like your suggestion here.
    Nerouyn wrote: »
    The vamp transform could be like Skyrim - keeping things as much like the hugely popular single player games is generally a good idea - with players able to freely switch into and out of it. But.....
    i actually prefer how they treated vampires in Morrowind since being one had a dramatic effect to the world as well, unlike in skyrim. But to each their own I guess.
    The strength of your ultform abilities is tied to vampire level. Higher = stronger.
    Vampire level? you mean our Vampire Stage? If so then wouldn't that not make sense? since vampires are suppose to get stronger when they get a drink and get weaker when they cant?
    Using ultform abilities lowers your vampire level.
    That makes no sense to me.
    You can't feed in ultform.
    pointless restriction as that's like if werewolves couldnt Devour in their ultimate form.
    It takes a few seconds each way to transform.
    so, in other words it has a long animation to go in and out of it? That must be one flashy animation then.

┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┤ ⅽ[ː̠̈ː̠̈ː̠̈] ͌ ├┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴┬┴
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't bat swarm a transform?
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    FLuFFyxMuFFiN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I remember a couple years ago around when the werewolf lord polymorph came out a vampire lord polymorph was datamined so I have been wondering if that will finally be added.
  • Iccotak
    Iccotak
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iccotak wrote: »
    Meh.

Well, noone said I gotta like it! :p;)

And I -still- think it is the wrong way to go, and would much rather have seen more vampire skills following some classic clichè inspirations... but alas.

@TheShadowScout
    There will be - they talked about this. Watch the whole presentation
    The vampire skill line is getting an entire rework along with abilities and gameplay changes

@Indoril_Nerevar
    You do not have to make your whole comment bold - it doesn't make people more likely to read it ( they will actually be less likely to read it )
    Edited by Iccotak on January 25, 2020 3:45PM
  • Nerouyn
    Nerouyn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love it
    1mirg wrote: »
    i actually prefer how they treated vampires in Morrowind since being one had a dramatic effect to the world as well, unlike in skyrim. But to each their own I guess.

a) ESO vamps getting a transform has been confirmed.

b) It having been confirmed it makes sense for it to work like in Skyrim. Cos that game is POPULAR.

c) Dramatic effect to the world in Morrowind wtf?
    Vampire level? you mean our Vampire Stage?

No.

There's stages and there's also progress through each stage. Presently each feed lowers you a certain amount. Each use of a vampire raises it a bit. But not by a whole stage at a time.

There's a hidden vampire "level". I checked one of my vamps now and the character screen is only showing stage but I think long ago it used to display the "level" as a function of time, i.e. how much longer you'd remain at your current stage without using vampire abilities or feeding.

My proposal isn't for each use on an ultform ability to lower you a whole stage. That would be painful.

My proposal is for each use of an ultform ability to lower you a fraction of a stage.
    If so then wouldn't that not make sense? since vampires are suppose to get stronger when they get a drink and get weaker when they cant?

a) ESO vamps flipping the feeding / power mechanic with this update has been confirmed.

b) That being the case it might make sense to work that into their ultform.
    That makes no sense to me.

But it does make sense.

Have you never eaten food? In your whole life?

In the real world, you eat. Your body converts the food to energy. You can burn up that energy with physical activity.

Vampires getting stronger the less they eat is a bone fide Elder Scrolls thing, but a weird and counter-intuitive one. Which would be one of the reasons ZO are flipping it.

My proposal is that in their human form vamps would feed to fill up on blood and then in their ultform burn up some of that blood with bloody vampire magics.
    pointless restriction as that's like if werewolves couldnt Devour in their ultimate form.

Werewolves can't freely switch into and out of wolf form without consuming ultimate. Which is what I proposed for the new vamp ultform.

So not even remotely pointless.
    so, in other words it has a long animation to go in and out of it? That must be one flashy animation then.

Sorc overload used to be an effective third weapon ability bar. That was ridiculously unfair and legitimately nerfed. Eventually.

A Skyrim like can-transform-whenever-you-want ultform is possible for ESO but it being a multiplayer game, it would need to be balanced.

A 2-4 second cast time would be a simple and effective balance.
    I remember a couple years ago around when the werewolf lord polymorph came out a vampire lord polymorph was datamined so I have been wondering if that will finally be added.

If it's ever going to added to the game, this would be the year.

Possibly ZO put that in the game client to be datamined at a time when vampires were earlier on the schedule.

A number of things make me strongly suspect that necromancers were originally planned as the class to accompany Morrowind. Had they done then, then it would have made sense for vampire stuff to come with or soon after them.