The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Will Motifs ever be anything more than Cosmetic

kriegernight
kriegernight
✭✭
I'm a master crafter in all areas. I have most Motifs unlocked as well as all properties and so on. However, this feature is not rewarded. If I wanted to be master sword maker I could still not create a sell-able sword that would sell better than some of the dropped items. My hard earned work should have some reward other than making my own (now subpar) armor. I should be able to make items compatible to dropped and even have multiple enchanting. With that said. All the mining and working to get motifs pages make only cosmetic changes. It would be great if at least for gathering these pages that we can at least get boosts based on the race, special, event, atunement, and location
And can have more based on quality

Racial Motifs: Introduce Atunements for the different races
If An Argonian wears Argonian Motif They will Have an Increased Speed in Water Running
If a Khajiit wears Khajiit Motif They will get a boost in night eye or something along those lines

Ancient Elf
Special: Wearers will get an automatic boost to Magika
Attunement: If an Altmer Wears this Spell Recharge will decrease

Aldmeri Dominion Style
Atunement Nords, Dark Elves, and Argonians Drop Rate increase wile in Location: Cyrodile
Event: During Alliance Battles Attack Power Increase for Atunement: Alliance: Aldmeri Dominion

Deadric Armor
Attunement: None
Special: Wearer Increases Health

Xivkyn
Atunement: Sorcerers who wear this can summon a Dremora companion
Special: Wearer increase in Destruction abilities (Frost, Fire, lightning) both Magik and staff

Skinchanger:
Atunement: Warewolf - Increase in Strength and Stamina
Event: During Full Moon High Increase in Physical and Spell Resistance for Atunement: Warewolf
Special: Wearer Has Increased Stamina Recovery

Stalhrim Frostcatcher
Special: Wearer Increase resistance to Elemental Attacks
Atunement: Nord Necromancer - Chance to summon a Nord Warrior Ghost companion when entering battle
Event: Winter Solstice - Increase drop rate

• kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    Now Obviously it would take time
    But there should be a boost when you master each trade and if you master all crafting trades.
    There should be a boost when mastering a style motif

In theory
    Xivkyn Shacklebreaker By Master Crafter
    Should Have Higher Durability
    Bonus Damage for Weapon Enchantments
    Bonus Protection For clothing Enchantement

(2 items) Adds x Weapon Damage
    (3 items) Adds x Spell Damage
    (4 items) Adds x Stamina Recovery, Adds x Magicka Recovery
    (5 items) Adds x Maximum Stamina, Adds x Maximum Magicka

And in Accordance to my theoretical motif addons
    Atunement: Sorcerers who wear this can summon a Dremora companion
    Special: Wearer increase in Destruction abilities (Frost, Fire, lightning) both Magik and staff
  • kriegernight
    kriegernight
    ✭✭
    I just feel that crafters should get a little bit more for there capabilities and make it more worthwhile to create and sell items
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don’t forget that motif knowledge is a positive modifier for master writ drops, @kriegernight ... omitted from the OP but relevant to a lot of players.

But overall I agree.

Crafting needs something to replace the diminished roles of crafted gear and style stones.
  • Royaji
    Royaji
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since transmute and outfits were introduced everyone is a top-tier crafter. You are not special. This ship has long sailed.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If we would just not fall on the crafting station like we have been deconning for 12 once we master the skill, that would be enough for me.

Maybe some Benihana type moves with the tools instead.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"