The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds.

Idontexist
Idontexist
✭✭
Dear Developers,

Just make it so you cannot queue for battlegrounds unless you're SOLO, nobody wants to play versus premade groups of four nolifers.

Fix this ASAP please.
  • Taunky
    Taunky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It should be if you queue solo, you'll face others who are also playing solo and if you queue in a group, it'll match you with others who are also in a group.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or you face reality and realise that the majority of groups you're up against aren't premades, just somewhat decent players that knows that staying together in a bg is more beneficial than the opposite.
  • KageNin
    KageNin
    ✭✭✭
    As much as it pains to fight versus pre-made I find it more rewarding when you fight and win against them as solo qué. And true you start with disadvantages but it doesn't matter in long run if you're in solo qué and get potatoes in your team you'll lose anyway.
    Also with the way Activity finder operates its impossible to implement, the new trend is 2v4v4 or 1v 8.
  • NeillMcAttack
    NeillMcAttack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »
    Or you face reality and realise that the majority of groups you're up against aren't premades, just somewhat decent players that knows that staying together in a bg is more beneficial than the opposite.

I find this to often be the case myself. It would be great if ZOS implemented a feature that signifies on the score board what players are partied and those that aren’t. You know, like most semi decent game devs do for their games.
    PC EU - NoCP PvP, is real PvP
    Tiidehunter Nord StamDK EP PvP Main
    Legion Commander Tresdin Stamplar DC PvE Main
    Sephirith Altmer MagPlar EP Gondar the Bounty Hunter Khajiit StamBlade DC
    The Dirge Redguard StamNecro EP Disruptor Stormcrafter Nord StamSorc AD
    Lone Druid Bosmer Stam Warden EP Necro-Phos Argonian MagBlade AD
    @ McAttack in game
    Played since beta, and then on console at release, until the game became unplayable on console.
  • BNOC
    BNOC
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find this to often be the case myself. It would be great if ZOS implemented a feature that signifies on the score board what players are partied and those that aren’t. You know, like most semi decent game devs do for their games.

aaa.png

So easily done, the fact (and this is game-wide), that we don't get utility or basic features in a modern MMO is nothing but pure laziness.

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox EU - 15/11/16
    578,000 - 36 Minutes 58 Seconds (Top 2 World?)

vMSA - Magplar - Xbox NA
    569,000 - 40 minutes (350CP, Non optimised runs)
  • Idontexist
    Idontexist
    ✭✭

This is basically an indirect insult, insinuating I’m not a decent player, it’s a cool story of course but no cigar for you :)

I do agree with what Taunky said however not only cause it would mean your comment is again null and void but it’s how it should have been done from the beginning.
    Taunky wrote: »
    It should be if you queue solo, you'll face others who are also playing solo and if you queue in a group, it'll match you with others who are also in a group.

I hope this happens one day but I guess it’s far too late to even matter in any competitive sense, the game is still fun for me so I don’t care too much but I’d like to do battlegrounds sometimes and when you haven’t been in them for a long time and then the first you enter is literally two premade groups gang-trashing you while you’re team doesn’t respond to voice or text chat it’s pretty saddening and one player even leaving the battleground.

Thanks for comments people interesting to see different perspectives even if we don’t all agree, every mmo I’ve completed so far made the same mistakes so I don’t know why I said anything just had one of those days :wink:

Last note/jab: the actual reality is that game developers now are so far detached from their true player base that simple QoL changes like this and countless others will never see the light of day unless they can find a way to profit from it(maybe one day they’ll introduce solo queue battlegrounds but only if you’re an ESO plus member)?! Ha!

Anyway Have a nice day all
  • ChunkyCat
    ChunkyCat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idontexist wrote: »
    the actual reality is that game developers now are so far detached from their true player base that simple QoL changes like this and countless others will never see the light of day unless they can find a way to profit from it

True story
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Idontexist
    I'm not implying you're not a decent player, not my intention at least. My point is that there're generally speaking very few premades (in my book a premade is when 3-4 players que together. Duo is not equal to premade imo), and the ones who do play premades are easily noticeable because you start recognizing their names, especially in high mmr games. And seeing how the BG queues are out of control, seperating premades from solo queues would be a disaster since the waiting times would increase even further.

On my main (who's high mmr) I already have to wait roughly 8-10 minutes for a deathmatch when solo queuing, even longer for the other modes (which is horrible since I like to go for certain achievements).

ZOS needs to disable the mmr system until they can come up with a better ranking system. Firstly then, can we start seperating solo and premades. But imo the waiting times needs to be adressed. No one should have to wait more than 5 minutes regardless of mmr or bg mode they want to play.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Idontexist wrote: »
    Dear Developers,

Just make it so you cannot queue for battlegrounds unless you're SOLO, nobody wants to play versus premade groups of four nolifers.

Fix this ASAP please.

It makes no sense for a group activity in an MMORPG that groups could not queue. It would seem plainly obvious that the logic is very lacking in that idea.

In other words it is not broken.
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I’ve actually been doing more premades on my alts. They aren’t premades in the sense that we have complementing specs or anything, just grouping up so that you know you’re going to get a full team and not be grouped with people who flake out mid game.

Worked well, but the newer players kept kept thinking the queue was broken and didn’t want to keep grouping once they saw the 10+ minute queues.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Patch notes...

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/508802/pts-patch-notes-v5-3-0#latest

Battlegrounds
    •You can now only queue as a solo player into Battlegrounds.
    •Reset the Battleground matchmaking ratings for all players.

No more premade pug stomping.
    This is exactly how it should've been from the beginning.

No more easy AP, no more massive advantage...everyone is now on a more even playing field and can't rely on personal pocket healers or group crutches.

Best change I've seen to the game in a LONG time.
    Edited by Kel on January 20, 2020 9:15PM
  • Valagash
    Valagash
    ✭✭✭
    Kel wrote: »

Battlegrounds

I hope this is just an april joke! We are playing a MMO not a single player game...
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valagash wrote: »

Battlegrounds

I hope this is just an april joke! We are playing a MMO not a single player game...

It means Zos should add solo dungeons. They are listening to player feedback after all. LOL
    Edited by idk on January 20, 2020 9:23PM
  • Kel
    Kel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valagash wrote: »

Battlegrounds

It's not a joke at all.

Bye bye premades.

You and your 3 friends can still small group in Cyrodiil. No ones taking your group play from you.
  • Alomar
    Alomar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The solution to years of incapable development when it comes to fixing the activity finder lol... What a joke indeed, less and less an mmo.

New World in May
    Haxus Council Member
    Former Havoc Commander
    Former DiE officer
    Alomar: 5 Stars - Beast: 3 stars - Kurudin: 5th NA emperor
    Awaiting New World, Camelot Unchained, and Crowfall
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's solo queue, not solo play. Can't wait for an even playing field.
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    I there needs to be a premade group option built into BGs. I dont understand how people keep running into premades, I might fight 1 every 4-5 games, or just get my own together *gasp* *much shock*.

solo ques dont make it more competitive but less most of my PUG 3 ways just turn into lets see how many kills we can get no matter the game mode. Which is fine when Im dicking around Solo. But the real satisfaction comes from the Premades, instead of calling us try hards and these other insults how about you actually try it out? My favorite matches are ones with other premades they are always close
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc