Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Suggestion: Make rated battlegrounds!

Carespanker
Carespanker
✭✭✭✭
Make the mmr public knowledge, make a second que separate from solo that requires 4 people in your party to que up for, call it rated battlegrounds.

You can have that one for free zos, just don't forget to give pvpers rewards for being high on a leaderboard other than gold cowards gear rings :/ make it like wow where its seasonal and give decent rewards for being in the top % like titles, mounts, skins, pets, and outfits. Do this well and you might even make this game Esports worthy. kthxbai.
Edited by Carespanker on February 28, 2020 4:54AM
  • Lucious90
    Lucious90
    ✭✭✭
    Id love to see more rewards, more Motifs, Mounts maybe BG specific gear that isnt cowards, but something with a 3 or 5 pc set that gives benefits in BGs only. Lets separate the BG meta from Cyro and turn this into a real eSport
    Xbox/NA
    Naturegoat - Stam Warden
    Healgoat- Mag temp
    Staticgoat- Stam Sorc
  • Iskiab
    Iskiab
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You can sort of tell people’s MMR.

I didn’t notice until recently but you can see people’s alliance rank by their names. I’ve been checking out some of my matches recently and in mid-MMR everyone’s around rank 20-30.

On my old main most people were rank 40-50 in high MMR.

It’s not exact of course, but a good benchmark.
    Looking for any guildies I used to play with:
    Havoc Warhammer - Alair
    LoC EQ2 - Mayi and Iskiab
    Condemned and Tabula Rasa - Rift - Iskiab
    Or anyone else I used to play games with in guilds I’ve forgotten
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make the mmr public knowledge, make a second que separate from solo that requires 4 people in your party to que up for, call it rated battlegrounds.

You can have that one for free zos, just don't forget to give pvpers rewards for being high on a leaderboard other than gold cowards gear rings :/ make it like wow where its seasonal and give decent rewards for being in the top % like titles, mounts, skins, pets, and outfits. Do this well and you might even make this game Esports worthy. kthxbai.

As long as leaderboard scores remain cumulative the rewards will still be utter BS. I haven't been able to place on the boards for over a year due to the artificially imposed queue times. I still see 20-30 minute queues on the characters I want to play.. While new toons catch nearly instant queues. I don't have X hours a week to grind out a new toon just to get decent queue times. I'd much rather be pvping.

Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hate to necro a thread but Zos, look at the threads surrounding this one.

You done goofed. Lets give the bger's what they want. Give us Rated/Group bg's!
    Edited by Carespanker on February 28, 2020 5:00AM
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭
    You do realize Esports is what killed wow right?
  • Carespanker
    Carespanker
    ✭✭✭✭

Not even close. Wow died because they turned an MMO into a casual single player point and click experience. I played it for 15 years straight and had to make my own content through community events for the last 6. Quiting wow and switching to eso full time was like a breath of fresh air in terms of mmos. Esports was a very very minor thing in the grand scheme of wow and in it's prime was very profitable for the game.
  • Commandment
    Commandment
    ✭✭✭

Not even close. Wow died because they turned an MMO into a casual single player point and click experience. I played it for 15 years straight and had to make my own content through community events for the last 6. Quiting wow and switching to eso full time was like a breath of fresh air in terms of mmos. Esports was a very very minor thing in the grand scheme of wow and in it's prime was very profitable for the game.

It did kill it, I've been playing it for just as long, but as soon as they added e-sports, and no faction identity, they "balanced" the game.