The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Question reg. Dolgubon's Writ Crafter

ateso_ldee5
ateso_ldee5
✭✭
Hello,
does someone know whether D.s writ crafter can automatically draw items (like drinks to craft) from the bank for writ completion?
Thanks.

(edit: for the intent of the question look three posts further below./solved)
Edited by ateso_ldee5 on January 12, 2020 11:56AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, the Writ Crafter will pull drinks and potions from your bank to your inventory.
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    Thank you, sir.
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    To clarify: I meant to ask whether the writ crafter 'automatically' pulls potions, provisions and such from the bank as it does with components, ingredients (e.g. gather 3 wormwood) from the crafting bag/inventory.

I guess that is too much magic/laziness there ^^. Just realized that you briefly have to stop by the bank for d.'s crafter to pull pre-made potions (for example) out automatically

(realize how someone who knew had to understand the question)

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you have to access your banker, but at least you don't have to deal with splitting the stack etc.

If you have a Banker Assistant, it will pull the items, then dismiss the banker all in one operation, so that is pretty cool.

You can turn this auto pull from the bank off in options if you want.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, you must briefly stop at your banker. I forgot that step - it makes the banker placement in Vivec very handy.
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    that's where i live ;)
  • ateso_ldee5
    ateso_ldee5
    ✭✭
    this is a follow up to the automatic withdrawing of writ required items from bank.

it works flawlessly with potions and food/drink.
    However, I tried the same with glyphs and jewelry: pre-crafting them by another toon and depositing them in bank.

But these are not withdrawn automatically by others, nor is the crafting writ completed by manually withdrawing them from the bank?

Is that intentional? 'Craft pewter necklace', for example, does the writcrafter itself have to do that?

It just seems strange that in one case (potions) another char can pre-craft and bank withdrawal (with dolgubons) is automatic and in said scenario this is not possible?
  • bmnoble
    bmnoble
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    this is a follow up to the automatic withdrawing of writ required items from bank.

it works flawlessly with potions and food/drink.
    However, I tried the same with glyphs and jewelry: pre-crafting them by another toon and depositing them in bank.

But these are not withdrawn automatically by others, nor is the crafting writ completed by manually withdrawing them from the bank?

Is that intentional? 'Craft pewter necklace', for example, does the writcrafter itself have to do that?

It just seems strange that in one case (potions) another char can pre-craft and bank withdrawal (with dolgubons) is automatic and in said scenario this is not possible?

It will withdraw the glyph's but for some reason they don't count/register unless the character that gets the writ crafts them, at least that has always been the case whenever I have used it.

Doesn't even matter if the character doing the writ pre crafted the glyph's in advance, it still does not detect it for completing the daily writ.

Haven't tried it with jewelry though, I never have enough bank space to pre craft for the equipment writs on 18 characters so I never bother with it, I just do them on each character after picking up the writs.
  • tmbrinks
    tmbrinks
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It has to do with the fact that Potions and Food/Drinks can stack even if they are made by different crafters. Whereas Equipment and Glyphs do not (they retain the Crafted by: ________) information.

So for writs potions and food/drinks are crafter neutral, meaning anybody can make them. But for the others there's a check to see if they are crafted by that character.
    Tenacious Dreamer - Hurricane Herald - Godslayer - Dawnbringer - Gryphon Heart - Tick Tock Tormenter - Immortal Redeemer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer
    The Unchained - Bedlam's Disciple - Temporal Tempest - Curator's Champion - Fist of Tava - Invader's Bane - Land, Air, and Sea Supremacy - Zero Regrets - Battlespire's Best - Bastion Breaker - Ardent Bibliophile - Subterranean Smasher - Bane of Thorns - True Genius - In Defiance of Death - No Rest for the Wicked - Nature's Wrath - Undying Endurance - Relentless Raider - Depths Defier - Apex Predator - Pure Lunacy - Mountain God - Leave No Bone Unbroken - CoS/RoM/BF/FH Challenger
    61,215 achievement points
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There’s no addon that can bypass the game requirement to interact with a banker to access inventory stored in the bank.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche