Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Devouring Swarm abuse

Talek
Talek
✭✭✭
The thing i speak here is the most broken mechanic as of now in-game. I'm long VR10 player, and most of my guildmates are also VR10 or high VR players. I'm not here to cry about something that i don't understand etc. We are sick that after almost 3 weeks since release Zenimax don't do anything against that. One of the popular PTS testers even show you that bug BEFORE release https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SmKEzoikMq0 . It won't work for most of the vampires. In our guild we have 5 vamps and only one have ability to abuse that bug/exploit. Basically your ultimate cost on stage 4 of vampirism cost 40 ultimate. Yes, 40 ultimate for constant ~200 dmg per second with ridicoulus heal. It last 5 sec, in zerg you can use just this ability for damage because you get that ultimate before previous one expires. The better thing is it works even if you use Elusive Mist 0,5 sec later and while you are in Elusive Mist you still get the heal! So right now 2/3 of the top leaderboards on most campaign (atleast EU Dawnbreaker, Skull Crusher and Scourge have that kind of groups) are ppl/groups which abusing this exploit to the point that they can kill zerg 3v30-40 ppl, because the more ppl enemy have the more they are healed, and you can't do anything against -75% dmg reduction and few thousand heal per second in the same time. On Dawnbreaker, players (actually most of them are one group) that abuse that 24/7:
Cherooke (TOP1 player, 500k+ AP in last 2 days)
Takhisi
Rhaw
Dex
Takeru Uchiha
Zero

There are probably more but i don't want to place nicknames that i am not 100% sure or i don't remember.

Right now pvp players have 2 options, get vampirism and hope for the bug working for you cuz Zenimax don't give a **** about that for weeks and prob they don't do anything for few more or don't play in any group pvp because there is no point to do that, you can easily killed them 1v1 or 2v2 but you can't 2v10.

There are unbalanced abilities on pvp like unlimited teleport for Sorcerers or ridicoulus dmg from Molten Whip (600-700 without crit) or more and more popular Bash builds but this one isn't unbalanced or overpowered it's just broken to the point that most of my guildmates are considering quit if they don't fix that till 1.1 may content update (Craglorn).

Sorry for my bad english, it's not my native language.
  • rorcusb16_ESO
    rorcusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Are you a Templar by any chance? :) I only say this as often people scream nerf,nerf.. for opposing classes in PVP, as a sorc I've yet to find this "Unlimited teleport" ! I have bolt escape but that burns 20% mana each time
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    No, i'm DK, i'm not scream for opposing classes i'm aware that my molten whip, reflective scale or banner ultimate are also one of the best abilities in game, but this topic is not about that, it's about vampire ultimate bug/exploit :)
  • rorcusb16_ESO
    rorcusb16_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Fair enough :) I humbly apologize! but yes I meant to say, I fully agree the Vamp 40 ultimate is a massive fix requirement.
  • Memnock
    Memnock
    ✭✭✭
    I've been in pvp in the beta weekends and since the game launched i've only been in pvp once , before getting the vampire skill line ( i don't dare go back there untill i get Undeath to rank 2 ) , but from my observations there , i saw that the fighters guild skills hurt alot and most of them are ranged as well , so even if a vampire uses a very reduced cost ultimate , against a group of 10 people , of which 2-3 of them have at least 1 or 2 FG skills , they will go down pretty fast.

Again , my experience is limited , so i may be wrong there , but isn't it a little bit premature , to call out of nerfs , since the game is barely 3 weeks old ? I mean , as far as i can tell , there are possible counters to all the builds , because you have the option to get whatever skills you want. Fire damage can't be completely mitigated by vampires , even if you go dark elf , you are still going to take extra fire damage , the fighters guild skills and passives affect undead ( vamps count as undead ) and hurt a lot , so again , if you feel that there are too many people using a certain build , wouldn't it be more helpful to start thinking of a possible build to counter it instead of yelling for nerfs and fixes for a game that is out for less than a month ?

Also , please stop complaining about sorcerers teleport , i play one , and unless i use that to escape there is nothing i can do against a class that can spam pulls (DK ) and that has access to charge skills , either for sword & shield or from 2H.
    I get it , you think that what ever you are playing doesn't have some the tools that you see others getting , but please take a look and see what your class has , and what you can do with the vast variety of abilities that are given to you. As far as i can tell , up until this moment, if there is one thing that the developers promised and delivered , is that the 3 class skill lines , are not what define the role you want your avatar to play , so be constructive , take 30 minutes in game ,and read all the descriptions of all the abilities and passives that are available to you at this time and who knows , you may just find a certain skill combination that will work against your current nemesis.
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    Fair enough :) I humbly apologize! but yes I meant to say, I fully agree the Vamp 40 ultimate is a massive fix requirement.

The issue isnt the ultimate alone. It's the combination of all bugged abilities functioning together in a way it is not designed. You shouldn't be able to heal *** whilst in mistform, but if you do it correctly you'll heal up. You can even SPRINT in mistform, so the 45% ms increase is actually closer to 60%

Not to mention, my vampirism works the opposite; My stage 4 vampirism isnt working at all. My ultimate at stage 4 costs 225.

Plus, the vampirism ultimate shouldn't be as low as 40, I'd say it should be closer to 75, and make sure it doesn't stack with mistform. Actually, the simplest fix is this; Mistform will dispel all buffs on you.

• Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Yes the biggest issue is that they can use ulti and instantly go into elusive mist, that way they are doing dmg (in group of 3 it's like 500-600 dmg every sec), they are healed (which is definitely bug, cuz you shouldn't be healed in mistform) and they have 75% dmg reduction so fighters guild skills rly don't do much, like i said you can easily kill them 1v1 or 2v2 because they can't overheal from one or two targets nor they can't build 40 ultimate in seconds to maintain ultimate all the time.
  • NordJitsu
    NordJitsu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So what you're saying is....

There are lots of interesting abilities and ways to build a character, some of which are quite powerful if synergized with other abilities and used by intelligent players.

Wait? Which part was the problem?
    @NordJitsu - Guild Master (Main Character = Hlaalu Idas)
    GREAT HOUSE HLAALU
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    Also they need to fix feed. Feed works on bosses if you do it using stealth skill, boss becomes stunned for those 3 seconds. i'm vp10 btw and have done this, not sure if i'm first to find this bug
  • Yelgis
    Yelgis
    ✭✭✭
    Hmm I have never gotten this 40 cost Vamp alt and I have been a stage 4 vamp most of the time. Wonder how it happens?

I agree that would be pretty crazy. The ultimate is already very very good at its normal cost.
  • Ravinsild
    Ravinsild
    ✭✭✭✭
    Uncertain how much it would help, however there is the Assassin's Tree ultimate which reduces healing by 50%...just something to consider possibly.
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Ill just say it here but the vamp ult isn't abusive in any way, Not to mention its pretty much the only thing good about vampirism along with drain essence wich itself works only once per target.

Sure 40 ulti cost is ridiculus but must I mention that to have this you need to wear 3 piece of the akaviri set and be a sorcerer? That set give -20% on ulti cost (heavy armor set and it force you to carry a sword or a shield to even use it! already that's utherly gimping) and sorc already got a 15% if you stack it with stage four you get indeed a 40 ult (whos gunna run a sorc vampire in heavy armor with a sword or a shield beside those very obstinated player who wants the maximum ult reduction). In theory this work as intended. What need to be fixed isn't the ult cost but those sets and passive ability way to powerfull stacking effect with it (at stage 4 on my nightblade this spell cost about 80 and I find that totally acceptable and at worse 60 still is acceptable if your willing to nerf yourself by wearing heavy armor piece and a shield or sword). If you realy are to up the cost of the only stuff making vampirism worth taking you better damn make it twice better if not more by increasing the effect duration or making it more effective (Im not living with a 50% weakness to fire for a dumb 200 ultimate cost! Look at werewolves NO one wants to play them because their ultimate sucks waste a slot and has a very bad cost/duration)

If stage weren't bugged half the time Vampirism ultimate and spells would alone make the specing totally worth to live with the weakness.
    Edited by Kyubi_3002b16_ESO on April 17, 2014 5:17PM
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    Silverbolts, someone wrote it has 5% chance to knock down a vampire. I believed it was 100% chance when I read the skill description. Can I get a clarification?
  • Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    Kyubi_3002b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    5% chance to 1 shot it 100% to knock it down
    One bow to darken the sun
    One bow to unite the clans
    One bow to conquer the world and in darkness drown it...

- Prophecy of the tyranny of the sun
  • ariella321
    The 5 percent on silver bolts is the chance for doing a lot of extra damage against undead and daedra, in addition to the 100 percent knockdown.
  • IceDread
    IceDread
    ✭✭✭
    Ok thanks.

Then, why go vampire if someone can knockdown spam you? This far in pve I always have it slotted, I will for sure in pvp too.
  • Thechemicals
    Thechemicals
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Against the silver bolt tree and other skills in that tree, the vampire is pretty pathetic. However, noone in random pvp carries that. Its an organized pvp skill most times.
    Vr14 Templar since release- dual resto
    Vr14 Dk bow/2h

Brayan Blackthunder
    Goddick
    Daggerfall Covenant

• Krow
    Krow
    Soul Shriven
    This isn't a bug. It works as intended. There are counters, learn them and use them. Really, all it takes is a little THOUGHT.
  • Talek
    Talek
    ✭✭✭
    Silver bolts didn't work, because in Elusive Mist they are immune for cc. Like i said my post earlier, the problem isn't just the ultimate, but the ability to use it and enter Elusive Mist + that you are healed in Elusive Mist (which is bug because you are immune for healing effects while in mistform) for thousands hp per second, you need like 30-40 players to outdps that and you know what? More players = more targets to heal, the only solution could be when everyone will be ranged but it never happen in zerg. It's not super overpowered build that *** everyone because it's useless in small fights, i killed them many times 1v1 or 2v2, but it's ridicoulous against any group that has more than 10 players, they can engage 3v40 and yay! 15k AP more for free and enemies have nothing they can do.
    Edited by Talek on April 17, 2014 7:03PM
  • Klimarov
    Klimarov
    ✭✭✭
    dude ellusive mist only last few seconds, relax, jesus, eventually vamp runs out of mana.
  • Brittany_Joy
    Brittany_Joy
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, I think you fail to realize that you are a veteran ranked player amongst low levels in PvP, of course you are going to steamroll. As for the sorcerer unlimited thing, all I have to say is "Of course peeps are going to escape if you have no skills to lock them down! Pick up a damn root, stun, and snare!"
  • Mustaklaki
    Mustaklaki
    ✭✭
    NordJitsu wrote: »
    So what you're saying is....

There are lots of interesting abilities and ways to build a character, some of which are quite powerful if synergized with other abilities and used by intelligent players.

Wait? Which part was the problem?

Dumbest thing I have ever read in my life, congratulations on that.
  • Nehemia
    Nehemia
    ✭✭✭
    Klimarov wrote: »
    dude ellusive mist only last few seconds, relax, jesus, eventually vamp runs out of mana.

Nope, we won't. Elusive mist doesn't cost enough to decrease your magicka, you actually regen more than you spend spamming the skill.

• Valmond
    Valmond
    ✭✭✭
    If they can heal in Elusive Mist, then that's a bug and needs to be fixed (or tool tip needs to be adjusted).
    Apart from that i've seen nothing wrong here.
  • Semel
    Semel
    ✭✭
    You had me until " unlimited teleport for Sorcerers" lies.

Any sorcerer knows that this ability is not spammable (high mana cost + whats more important mana regen debuff) and certainly not unlimited.
  • Corbeau
    Corbeau
    If you really can heal while in Mist form - it's needs to be fixed. That's probably the only issue here.
  • Thevenin
    Thevenin
    ✭✭
    Are people actually trying to defend that ?
    You guys aren't ashamed of your own hypocrisy ? :o
  • ZOS_JordanH
    Greetings. This thread has been closed. We do not allow posts or threads that are created for the purpose of “naming-and-shaming” other community members as per our Code of Conduct.

If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online Social Team - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube | ESO Knowledge Base
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.