Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Fight for Glory during the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event"

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've been waiting months since they canceled Mayhem just so I could finally get a Second Legion Chests page. Now I'm just, thoroughly disappointed. I'm not taking part in the event whatsoever now.

The Legion Zero style is completely not what appeals to me.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • xWarbrain
    xWarbrain
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As a PvP player, I hate this event. Queue times are bad enough as it is and even though they add new campaigns most people still want to join the main 30CP to play with people they know.

Remember to add the "Move away from me." emote to your quickslot for all of the 17k health VD procs running around.
    XB1 NA
    Your nerf suggestion is dumb. Learn to counter other players instead of having the game rebuilt to your ability level.
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    blur wrote: »
    b9ffcf734056b9b4f66060ae589e6b04.jpg
    This is the official discussion thread for "Fight for Glory during the Midyear Mayhem PvP Event" blog article.

Clash with your fellow players in Cyrodiil, the Battlegrounds, and Imperial City during the Midyear Mayhem event and you’ll earn bonus Alliance Points and exclusive new rewards!

@ZOS_SarahHecker

It amazes me ZOS continues to operate in such poor fashion.
    You're letting us know Midyear Mayhem is going live the day before it goes live... wtf ? Why do you always drop information on us like *** and call it a day. You gave players no time at all to make plans. Nobody was given opportunity to schedule this around their personal lives (take a vacation, time off, etc) ahead of time. This is obviously an important event to those who PvP or care about reaching GO rank. People have been asking and making threads (going back to 2019) about when MM was coming and you gave us nothing.

The same thing can be said of other information. You always wait until the day of to give us patch notes. Since 2013 ZOS has always been extremely quiet and divulged as little as possible keeping players in the dark and then failing to deliver a working stable product. Your lack of open conversation has been the hallmark which people deride yet nothing changes.

It's been 7 years ZOS, you NEED to do better than this.

I actually agree with this. Please give us at least a weeks notice for any event.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope those dye stamps are going to be available this time
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Will the current campaigns be endng when Midyear Mayhem starts?
  • Anhedonie
    Anhedonie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So, can we earn unlimited amount of pages per day? Or is it 1 page of legion zero per day?
    Profanity filter is a crime against the freedom of speech. Also gags.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_SarahHecker , will we be able to get all three standard-bearer emotes if we use a box on a character of each alliance? I really hope it works that way!!
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • ZOS_SarahHecker
    ZOS_SarahHecker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_SarahHecker , will we be able to get all three standard-bearer emotes if we use a box on a character of each alliance? I really hope it works that way!!
    Correct, the Runebox you get will depend on your character's alliance but you can also get it on your other characters of other alliances.
    Anhedonie wrote: »
    So, can we earn unlimited amount of pages per day? Or is it 1 page of legion zero per day?
    There isn't a cooldown on these pages.
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ....what happened to the Second Legion style??
    We haven't forgotten about it, promise :smile:
    Staff Post
  • Destyran
    Destyran
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, cannot wait to sit and wait 2 hours in queue, then crash 17 times per hour, this will be fun.

Haha this is soo true!!
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    ....what happened to the Second Legion style??
    We haven't forgotten about it, promise :smile:

I have no intention to be disrespectful about it, but that vague response just gives fuel to my cynical theory that it's been turned into a future Crown Exclusive.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • marius_buys
    marius_buys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ok so I took about 60-80 players from my guild in tonight. Here are some observations:

1) All campaigns were locked up early with queues of over 90 min. Perhaps another 2 campaigns?
    2) Large populations still cause disconnects but the 20 min active time allowing a player to reconnect seems to work well.
    3) The delve solution that throws a player back also works well despite causing a bit of anxiety.
    4) Getting the scroll from the crown store was good but having to load into Cyrodiil meant many couldn't activate it for BG & IC. Perhaps move the activation quest to BG overworld locations?.
    5) Great fun was had between zerglings and ganker groups in both IC and Cyrodiil ty :)
    6) Organised PvP ball groups that simultaneously ult dump and run multiple linear abilities cause lag which causes the defending player to lag and die, unfairly advantaging the ball group. Please lighten the server load to handle the computational stress.
    7) Overall an immensely popular event that has a lot of marketing legs, please just give us more notice next time as leaders need to digest info and preschool casual players, 1 day is way to little, our guild chat was filled with what do I do requests.
    8) The OP article for the event is much better than the previous years but it wouuld help a lot if it was not all conversational style. Important info needs to be visually separated out for people who scan read for the important bits.

Overall highly enjoyable except for the long queues which was the biggest pain point. TYVM ZOS, I would love to see more of the PvE and PvP community bought together!
  • Katheriah
    Katheriah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What. The. Heck.

This announcement is suuuuper late and this *** queue keeps kicking me out every. frigging. time.
  • max_only
    max_only
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Could you open up 1 server extra for every category? Currently cp alliance locked only had the same 1 server, Kaalgrontiid.
    #FiteForYourRite Bosmer = Stealth
    #OppositeResourceSiphoningAttacks
    || CP 1000+ || PC/NA || GUILDS: LWH; IA; CH; XA
    ""All gods' creatures (you lot) are equal when covered in A1 sauce"" -- Old Bosmeri Wisdom
  • twitch_zero
    twitch_zero
    ✭✭✭
    Why are we not allowed to transfer our home campaign for free as we have een able to do before? I wanted to and get Emperor on a new campaign but I can't transfer my home campaign and its 21 days until the monthly campaign ends.
  • Ingenon
    Ingenon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This event is OK. I'm not that good at PVP, so it's good to be able to get the event tickets and event boxes from easy solo quest like the Scouting quest. So far on PS4 NA the under 50 level Cyrodiil campaign has not had a queue to login, and I haven't crashed yet on multiple alts.
  • Octopuss
    Octopuss
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    3mins to /reloadui in Cyro. Why the hell do I even bother.