Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

5/5/2 Sets Questions

zom414
zom414
Soul Shriven
I understand what 5/5/2 sets are but I'm a bit confused as to how they are implemented.

For example, do I make/farm a set of 5 x armour, 2 x weapons and 3 x jewellery and 2 x monster set or a mix and match of them? I've read several guides and threads on the forums but they seem to say different things so not sure which is the best way to go.
  • m2rc
    m2rc
    ✭✭✭
    It's a mix and match of them. For example, using 2 jewellery slots for one set and then 1 for another is fine. Leave the helmet and shoulder though, that's for undaunted sets. Weapons take longer to farm because they have a lower drop rate (something like 1 in 200 for dungeons) so it's a good idea IF you're using a crafted set as part of your build to have your weapons as part of that set. If you're not then just get whatever pieces you can and get the set.

• mague
    mague
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Head and shoulders for monster set
    The other five body items define your armour skill line
    Jewels and weapons crafted if possible. Jewels have more traits then the dropped jewels have.

This might change if you want a 3 piece set and/or use dropped weapons. But then it is probably 3-4-5. or 2-2-5-3 or anything else.
  • MerguezMan
    MerguezMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Few things to keep in mind:

- Monster sets are head and shoulders.
    - Other 2-piece sets are weapons.
    - Other 3-piece sets are weapons and/or jewelry.
    As a result, your first 5-piece set should be the other body parts, so you can mix and match more easily.

- the belt has the weakest armor value. If you want 1 piece Light, take belt or shoulders.
    - head, torso and legs have the highest armor value. These should be first choices for Heavy piece parts.

There is no "rule" that your 2nd 5-piece set has to be jewelry and weapons. Any combination giving 5 equipped pieces can fit.
    Though it's optimal layout if you want to include jewelry or weapon sets in your build at some point.
  • El_Borracho
    El_Borracho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You are correct on the basic concept. Most sets are 5 body, 3 jewelry/2 weapons, and Monster head and shoulders. However, you can play around with the 5 + 5 part, such as wearing 4 body + 1 jewelry if you are lacking a body piece. An example would be wearing 4 body pieces + 1 necklace of Necropotence combined with 1 body piece + 1 2H weapon + 2 rings of Mother's Sorrow.

Its gets a little more complicated once you introduce things like VMA/Master's weapons.