The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Motif drop rate nerfed?

LadyDestiny
LadyDestiny
✭✭✭✭✭
Just recently came back to eso after playing since pc launch. Took time off since murkmire, but back playing full time again. Been doing dailies everyday but haven't seen one motif page drop. Have they changed where they drop from now or is it just a ridiculous low chance now?

Best Answers

• Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just recently came back to eso after playing since pc launch. Took time off since murkmire, but back playing full time again. Been doing dailies everyday but haven't seen one motif page drop. Have they changed where they drop from now or is it just a ridiculous low chance now?

Which dailies are you doing? The delve/world boss dailes in the latest expansion (Dragonhold) do not drop motifs yet. There are other dailies in Dragonhold (a fetch quest and a dragon quest) that open up shortly into the zone storyline and those do drop motif pages.
    Answer ✓
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just the regular dailies in murkmire and elsweyr. They used to drop from the little crates regularly, but now it's just been nothing but armor and weapon pieces.
    Answer ✓
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall Murkmire or Elsweyr motifs drops being any different than, say, Summerset or Clockwork City. They are all kind of a pain in the neck! I did struggle with the Pellitine motif. It only seemed to drop from the kill 3 dragons quest in Elsweyr and that is tough, both due to the dragons often landing really far away from wayshrines and dragons taking forever to die if there are not a ton of people there.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strangely enough after I posted this, one finally dropped on a rimmen daily. I think it's the annequina or something. Still it's been days trying to get just one. :neutral:
  • Alinhbo_Tyaka
    Alinhbo_Tyaka
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think the Murkmire drop rates have changed. I never saw a lot from the start and it always seemed to me I would get a one or two and then have a long dry spell. Just your basic RNG.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    The Bursar of Tribute daily drop rate has fallen immensely. I have opened about 15 coffers in the last two weeks and not one motif chapter. It was typically a 25% or 33% drop rate prior, and consistently so for a year or more.
  • Dalsinthus
    Dalsinthus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am pretty convinced that the Dragonguard motif drop rates are lower than drop rates from previous dailies. It took me over 200 quests across various characters and turning to guild traders to get this done. I was working with a team of guilds and everyone struggled with the bad drop rates.

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to know. Thanks for the input.
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone having better luck with the drop rates on anything yet? I just opened up another 8 coffers and nothing.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I grind them until I get to the last 3 or 4 and then just buy what I need, using the gold from selling the duplicates. I just don’t have the patience anymore.

Dragon dailies seem to drop way fewer furnishing plans than before too, and general container farming for me is almost a complete waste of time now, those drop rates are so low and rarely anything other than white or green furnishing plans.

I cannot keep my guild trader full with 30/30 items anymore, I think I only have 19 or so now.
    Edited by katanagirl1 on February 11, 2020 5:12AM
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Redguard Stamina Dragonknight
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MinuitPro wrote: »
    Anyone having better luck with the drop rates on anything yet? I just opened up another 8 coffers and nothing.

I've been running dailies in varios zones. I have got a few from rewards and some boss drops. None from psyjic portals or chests. I'm going to go on a thieving spree in morrowind to get those associated. The dragonguard has so far only dropped one for me as of yesterday and same for pellitine. I broke down and bought it from the crownstore. Some of them are just too rare. I have some older motif sets that are not quite finished yet, so trying to get them completed as well. I think I have ten left to go to finish grandmaster crafter as all my research was finished long ago. I have been playing since beta and should have finished these last year. :smiley:
    Edited by LadyDestiny on February 11, 2020 8:53AM
  • redlink1979
    redlink1979
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @LadyDestiny I run daily quests with different chars. That's how I try to increase my odds.
    "Sweet Mother, sweet Mother, send your child unto me, for the sins of the unworthy must be baptized in blood and fear"
    • Sons of the Night Mother [PS5][EU] 2165 CP
    • Daggerfall's Mightiest [PS5][NA] 1910 CP
    • SweetTrolls [PC][EU] 1950 CP
    • Bacon Rats [PC][NA] 1850 CP
  • MinuitPro
    MinuitPro
    ✭✭✭✭
    ... I broke down and bought it from the crownstore.

Sounds to me like their sales department won again. No statement from ZOS can only mean they put the hammer on RNG toward that very goal. It sucks that things that aren't currently (or ever) in the crown store are still nerfed along with it.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Drop rates are typically low for motifs from dailies. Id say around 5-10% drop rate.
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah yes I ran the Northern Elsweyr dailies with multiple characters, but in order to do the Dragonguard dailies in Southern Elsweyr you have to have done a certain number of the main story quests. I don’t take time to do those type quests on my alts. That might make it seem to take longer.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ah yes I ran the Northern Elsweyr dailies with multiple characters, but in order to do the Dragonguard dailies in Southern Elsweyr you have to have done a certain number of the main story quests. I don’t take time to do those type quests on my alts. That might make it seem to take longer.

The Southern Elsweyr daily from the Dragonguard HQ are really quick tho, might be worth to get it on a couple chars if you want to farm Dragonguard motif pages.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • katanagirl1
    katanagirl1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The Southern Elsweyr daily from the Dragonguard HQ are really quick tho, might be worth to get it on a couple chars if you want to farm Dragonguard motif pages.

Thanks but I did the 30 days plus some, then bought the rest already.

The one daily that is actually out of the zone is quick but fairly boring. The dragon one - well I found it frustrating to find enough skilled players during the week and it ended up being a 20 minute long battle for each dragon with people trying to spam light bow or heavy lightning staff and no skills and my poor stamblade getting pummeled in melee range. So painful. A good but small group can only take 2-3 minutes.
    Khajiit Stamblade
    Dark Elf Magsorc
    Orc Stamplar PVP
    Breton Magsorc PVP

PS5 NA

• Zulera301
    Zulera301
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've gotten like a dozen motifs from Murkmire dailies over the last few days. I don't think they've nerfed the drop rates. not since that announcement that they did so, way back when.
    Shortly after the formation of the Ebonheart Pact, a Nord woman was given a tour of the Tribunal Temple. When later asked about the experience, she seemed upset. Suffice to say, the Dunmer were not pleased to hear this, and thus they inquired further.
    "Well," the Nord frowned, "the priests were very angry and unwelcoming. They kept shouting things at me like "you can't drink that mead in here!" and "somebody stop her, she's running naked!" and "we can't catch her; she's covered in grease!""