The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Official Discussion Thread for "Harrowstorm & Update 25 Preview"

ZOS_SarahHecker
ZOS_SarahHecker
✭✭✭✭✭
2eba748570ee37bed7dc124320a40148.jpg
This is the official discussion thread for "Harrowstorm & Update 25 Preview" blog article.

Travel to a mysterious island and venture into the heart of an ancient burial site in Harrowstorm, the first release in the Dark Heart of Skyrim year-long adventure. Learn about Harrowstorm’s two new dungeons and Update 25’s base-game improvements here.
Staff Post
  • mav1234
    mav1234
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why doesn't this update preview mention the enormous change of only allowing BGs to be solo queue? Regardless of how you feel about this change (I hate it, as it means several of my friends I just got to play will likely leave), it is worth a discussion and if ZOS is right that it is a major thing the community wants, advertising it in the preview will likely garner some big attention from folks, perhaps drawing back players that may have quit.

Edit: Other than that, excited to see performance changes and I liked the full year story so I am looking forward to Skyrim this year!
    Edited by mav1234 on January 21, 2020 5:55PM
  • Kusandru
    Kusandru
    ✭✭
    to the Developers/story writer: feedback regarding the prelude quest so far, on the PTS. The dialogue from the very beginning is repetitive and way too basic. Worst prelude dialogue I've ever had in ESO and I've been playing since Beta. The dialogue/questions that are provided for our chars to ask Lyris are so basic as to make it seem like our character is thickheaded. I was left feeling like not only was my character a complete idiot, but that any moment Lyris would cut my char down out of frustration for asking so many stupid & basic questions.

Come on, your writers are better than this. The way Lyris responds with annoyance over being asked repetitive stupid questions means you know you've written stupid questions for players to ask because you've built it into Lyris' response. So why do that in the first place. Even brand new players to the game would recognize pretty quickly how lame the dialogue is and likely decide not to go much further based on the prelude quest alone. Do better!

Please fix this and pretend for a moment that your players wouldn't ask such stupid questions over and over.
  • SirAxen
    SirAxen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kusandru wrote: »
    to the Developers/story writer: feedback regarding the prelude quest so far, on the PTS. The dialogue from the very beginning is repetitive and way too basic. Worst prelude dialogue I've ever had in ESO and I've been playing since Beta. The dialogue/questions that are provided for our chars to ask Lyris are so basic as to make it seem like our character is thickheaded. I was left feeling like not only was my character a complete idiot, but that any moment Lyris would cut my char down out of frustration for asking so many stupid & basic questions.

Come on, your writers are better than this. The way Lyris responds with annoyance over being asked repetitive stupid questions means you know you've written stupid questions for players to ask because you've built it into Lyris' response. So why do that in the first place. Even brand new players to the game would recognize pretty quickly how lame the dialogue is and likely decide not to go much further based on the prelude quest alone. Do better!

Please fix this and pretend for a moment that your players wouldn't ask such stupid questions over and over.

Ouch. That bad, huh?